Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » The daily life in quarantaine (open)

Joanne Willow (played by Freyya) Topic Starter

The infected may have gotten insane, but they were no zombies. They still had their brains and thoughts - even though they were turned to killing others or taking every posession. As soon as he saw the ladder drop down, he started running for Jayne, as she started running for the ladder. She grabbed a hold of it and started climbing upwards. The infected reached for her, but missed by an inch. Jayne sighed in relief and climbed up a bit further, just to be sure. She looked at Jaiden with thankfulness written all over her facial expression.
Akechta Dyami (played by Ambrosia)

Jaiden waited for the infected to get to the top before kicking him hard enough to make him hit a wall and fall head first into a garbage bin at the bottom "Follow me or whatever, i'm going home"

Jayne gladly took her chance. Seeing the infected fall, she quickly turned away before he hit the wall and the ground. She started after him, wondering what had made him so bitter. He probably lost something for all she know, everyone locked in this hell hole had lost something, though...

As they made from rooftop to roof top Jaiden had to help her get across until they finally reached an abandoned military HQ. It was abandoned and all traces of weapons and explosives were gone, although there were camera screens turned on inside Jaiden's sectioned off room "Just, i dunno, make yourself comfortable"

Jayne noticed the absence of any military and their mobile equipment. "Did they retreat when the virus was discovered?" she could vaguely remember a military parade going through New-London and through the gates. Could it have been a mock parade, to ensure their safe getaway?

"They were sent in to contain and destroy but, they got infected and turned against each other. I should know" he leaned on the monitor desk looking at each camera screen "I was one of them"

Jayne looked at him. That would indeed explain how he was so good at fighting. She nodded slowly. "I understand..."

"No, you don't, i never had a family to begin with. I had to personally blow the heads off my best friends..." From his voice he was strong but even the sturdiest walls had weak spots. Taking his bag he sat at a table with a map and looked at it with his food in hand. "Don't just stand there, i guess you can stay for now"

"Neither did I..." she replied. "My family died when I was young." Jayne explained. I had to get by for myself with the little money they'd left behind and what else I could scramble together by doing little jobs everywhere."

Jaiden smiled "now, every job, little or small is always needed to he done..."

"True words." Jayne replied. "Well, thank you. For helping me out, I mean. Who knows what would've happened if you hadn't helped me out there - both on the square and in the alley." She was truly thankful, and it sounded through in the tone she spoke in.

Jaiden took a bite out of his food and walked over to a work table that was overflowing with junk metal and guns made from scratch from grip to barrel "So how did you end up in New London?"

"I used to live here." She replied. "In the Anchor district. I was out in central district on the day it was bombed to the ground, though."
Anchor district was the place if the original outbreak, so when the government got air of this new virus, they ordered the entire district destroyed and the city quarantained. Jayne has had the luck of being out at work in central district that day.

Jaiden once again got up and brushed past her lightly "If you want, you can sleep there. I have a few errands to attend to"

"Thanks. I was getting tired of that staircase for a roof anyway." she replied. She looked up at him. "Can you use any help with that?" she replied to his mentioning of the errands.

"Well, it requires me to run half way across the town to set up new custom built cameras around new London as well as repair the ones i have already set Up" He chuckled then made his way to the stairs leading out, as he got used to her presence it became easier to interact with her. He became a completely different person "Umm yea, just find something to do" He said pulling down his mask and hoodie "Before i forget" he ran jogged towards her and gave her a goofy smile "Hi, My name's Jaiden"

Jayne chuckled. "I'm Jayne," she replied. "Nice to meet you." She looked around for a while. "Maybe I can come with you...?" she asked carefully. She didn't quite like the idea of being left alone.

Jaiden looked around then huffed "if you get hurt then how am I supposed to recover from that?" He asked with sincerity. "Okay, but don't lag behind... I may just show you a trick of two, to pick up that custom made climbing pick" he pointed towards a climbing pick he had made professionally from scratch using the materials he finds. It looked exactly like 'Viper' his climbing pick.

Jayne picked it up from the ground. "Allright." she said enthousiastically. "She was happy that he was acccepting her. Finally, someone wanted to be with her, someone who didn't want to rape her.

Jaiden smiled and turned for the door lifting his face mask to his mouth to cover it "okay, lets hope you're physically fit" he said as the emerged onto a rooftop. The HQ is pretty much abandoned but the darkness that creeped in the corners would normally scare light hearted people.

Jaiden turned and faced her getting 'Viper' ready. "Ok, first things first. That pick is what keeps you alive and lets you reach places that normal people can not"

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » The daily life in quarantaine (open)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus