Skip to main content

Forums » Introductions » I tip my hat off to you.

Hello there, you can either call me by my user name or Benjamin. I am eighteen years old and i live in England.

A friend of mine introduced me to this site. Some of you may know her as Ravdaer.

Not a stranger to roleplaying, mostly did it on minecraft servers, but i have never really done it in a serious position. I like to do it so i can get ideas for writing and to improve my ability to create interesting characters. Science fiction is the genre i am mostly fond of.

Currently i am working on creating an interesting world for the novel or collection of short stories i have planned.

Other then that i do things like reading and playing video games in my spare time. I am quite the computer enthusiast and know my way round one, i can program and build websites too, be it poorly.

I look forward to speaking and interacting with this community.
Tikala (played anonymously)

Welcome to the RP Repository. :D I don't play Minecraft but I do enjoy Sci-Fi. Care to share more on this world you're creating?
RoscoeCopley Topic Starter

Tikala wrote:
Welcome to the RP Repository. :D I don't play Minecraft but I do enjoy Sci-Fi. Care to share more on this world you're creating?

My world is a Cyberpunk/Steampunk mishmash. Based in a world i haven't got a name for yet, where two rival cultures, The Elexains and the Mechanists, try to wage war and chaos on each other. Elexains have advanced technology but a lack of man power, where as the Mechanists are quite the opposite with more man power but their technology is worse off. It follows the points of view of multiple characters, from airship pilots, to military officers.

The Elexian city, Elexa is situated deep underground in the outlands, a frozen mountainous region. The Mechanist city, Mechany sprawls out in the more flatter and warmer areas down south. The world its self does feature a bit of uniqueness, there are crystals found all over the planet of various colours and sizes. The colour of the crystal denotes its properties and what reaction it may have when used as a catalyst or exposed to an element.

I can go into more detail, but that should be enough for now.
Yay! Another Minecraft player! Hey, Welcome to RPR! :3
yay for minecraft! It's nice to see another MC roleplayer ;D
Minecraft FTW!! Welcome Benjamin, I also live in the UK. If you would like I can show you th basics and then maybe we can play MC on a server of something. Can't wait! :D
RoscoeCopley Topic Starter

Yeah, I've been playing Minecraft for quite a while now, around about the Halloween update. Its a perfect medium to roleplay on, as not only can you talk to one another in a visual representation, you can create the world around you too. I frequent a server called Hollowworld which is very RP orientated or i make my own servers.

I would appreciate it if you could show me around, the site is rather daunting and would love to play MC too.
Sanne Moderator

Wow, that sounds like a very intricate world! I'm more than happy to welcome you and your creative mind to RPR. ;)
RoscoeCopley wrote:
Yeah, I've been playing Minecraft for quite a while now, around about the Halloween update. Its a perfect medium to roleplay on, as not only can you talk to one another in a visual representation, you can create the world around you too.

You may be interested in Furcadia for these virtues, too. Players are enabled and encouraged to assemble their own mini-worlds (called 'dreams) from completely customization items called 'patches' and add the programming needed to make them work as expected, called 'Dragonspeak'.

I play both games, and have even built a portion of the Furcadian dream I play in inside of Minecraft. While you can get more detail out of Furcadia, Minecraft allows a 3D immersion that I've enjoyed for picture-taking :)
Welcome to RPR! Your world sounds really interesting, and I can't wait to see more from you. Enjoy your stay, and feel free to ask questions if you have any! <3

You are on: Forums » Introductions » I tip my hat off to you.

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus