Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » Conventions

I go to a few anime conventions. I'm actually going up to Anime North this weekend. I'll be cosplaying Burgh/Arty from the new Pokemon games on Saturday, as for Sunday I'm not too sure yet. I want to debut my Black Star (from Soul Eater) cosplay but my mom wants to re-do the shirt. Again. So I may just fall back on my usual Magikarp Gijinka coaplay.
Ilmarinen Moderator

Oooo, cosplays! I want to get more into that, but I'm terrible at sewing. (Someday I'll make that anthropomorphized TARDIS costume... someday...) So whenever I go to cons I'm in either in my rennfest garb or normal clothes. :P

Magikarp gijinka sounds amazing.
I usually go in normal clothes. I actually did cosplay as a bleach character.. but I have to dig up the picture...

My brother usually goes in his chainmail and leather pauldrons, as well as his utilikilt. People always ask him if he's coplaying someone... And he tells them Kenji from Soulsword. Which is entirely name up, but thus far only one person has called him out :P
Darth_Angelus Moderator

Senny, I'm jealous then! He rarely goes to conventions.

Foxy, do dig up that picture! It's always fun to see costomes people make and wear for conventions! :)
Your brother's costume sounds impressive. Did he make it himself?
He made the chainmail shirt himself, but he never got into leather smithing like he wanted to, so the pauldrons were bought. The kilt is from Utilikilts.com
Found some lol

Bleach Cosplay
I am the second one in on the left, staring into space. I was Isa Nanao, the one in pink is my brother who was Kyourako Shunsui. The pink haired one is my friend playing Kusajika Yachiru and finally, my boyfriend as Urahara Kisuke.

And this is an old picture of my brother in his chain mail.
Darth_Angelus Moderator

Excellent costumes! Thankyou for posting links to the characters they're based upon, I'm not too familiar with Bleach so it's good to see who you are cosplaying :)

It must have taken a while to creat the chainmail shirt, it looks like time well spent though! :)
I know he was making his own rings for that one, so yes. It took a long time to shape and cut the metal from the wire.
Darth_Angelus Moderator

What about the Bleach costumes, how long did they take?
Not terribly long, the designs are pretty simple. The sandals took the longest, but I don't have a clear picture of them :(
We were trying to decide if we were going to dress up.. buuut not enough time :P

I'm just going to wear my...

Army_of_Darkness_Hello_My_Name_is_Ash_T_Shirt_Movie.jpg

Army of Darkness t-shirt and go with it. XD
Darth_Angelus Moderator

That's a good movie, haven't seen it in a while but have been wanting to.
LOVE that movie.
Darth_Angelus Moderator

My costume for Collectormania was an easy decision when looking at the guest list. So if anyone else is going, look out for me dressed like this!
Darth_Angelus Moderator

Here's a photo from the convention that I think Doctor Who fans will be able to appreciate :)

Hello sweetie!
Bahahaa. Just got back from my first real Con. :P Pretty awesome! Went through the line twice for the Guild, first time around Sandeep threatened to stab me if he saw me before I watched the finale of Legend of Neil.. which I came back around to get the photo I got with them signed and he tried to go after me with a sharpie. Met up with BSG actos Michael Hogan and Kate Vernon and got a picture together. And Matt Fewer!
It was pretty awesome. And I actually spent hardly any money... met the co-creator of Reboot and the web comics Dinosaurs and xkcd.

Pretty awesome overall. XD
Kim Topic Starter Site Admin

Whoa Dylan, what an awesome sounding weekend! I absolutely adore conventions of so many types. If I had more money, I would travel all over to go to them. :)
Darth_Angelus Moderator

Sounds like you had a great time at that convention!
Darth_Angelus Moderator

This coming weekend, I'll be heading to the London Film and Comic Con, once again dressed as The Doctor!

If anyone from here is going, do come up and say hello, I'll have some RPR bookmarks to give out ;)
Darth_Angelus Moderator

I had a great time at the convention this weekend, meeting up with friends I expected and running into others I didn't expect :D

For those that would like to see, here are some photos.

First of all, this is how I travelled to convention ;)

Friday night was a three our preview evening, it was quiet, they had a selection of guests but because there were so few people around, you could have a good long chat with all of them. I met Morgan and Mark Sheppard. Mark I'd met before, he remembered the video I showed him at Dragon*Con.

This morning, I had some difficulty landing but still made it to the convention. Once inside I saw the Witch King, Walter Koenig, Stephen Furst and Peter Jurasik, I got into the wrong time machine and someone stole my hat!

But I think this final picture has to be my favourite and I think Doctor Who fans are going to appreciate/hate me for it.

Karen Gillan :D

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » Conventions

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus