Skip to main content

Forums » RP Discussion » The Mountains Old (OOC)

iltheyn wrote:
Also I suppose I might make some generic kingdoms to add more weight to the council meeting, but I don't have very distinct ideas about who they'd be yet.

I would like to include on the map..

ARUNDALE

A forest-like kingdom where elves live/come from. Achu being the high king of the elves is the ruler, though other species also leave among them in peace, magic wielders at the heart of the land, human beings on the outskirts.

It would share borders with Camelot. Though these elves and residents can easily fall captives when trespassing by accident or on purpose into Camelot, even for trade, or during raids to force/scare them away into the forsaken forest

These royal / noble elves are coming to the Council to try to buy back their missing young king Achu and his party and/or negotiate terms for his return.

They may be bringing human prisoners to exchange for elf prisoners taken by humans

((Edited to include +1 kingdom which made most sense to the Camelot - Zuhan plot))
Deathmarch419 wrote:
@strawberry

This part was great "you, strange mushroom, may call me Avalynn" actually laughed out loud after I read that :p

😂😂😂 I’m glad you thought that was funny, I try
Iltheyn Topic Starter

@strawberry, Deathmarch Well... she's not wrong? xD

@Tusitala You're better at thinking of this quickly than I am! I like all of the ideas, but there is a concern I have regarding them. I don't want the setting as is to be dominated by kingdoms belonging to a single player or couple of players, so I'd be willing to allow the integration of one of those places, unless someone else volunteers to control the narrative of others. At this instant its not too important so we have some time to think about it.

And if the rest of you folks decide you have a favorite on Tus' list, feel free to say so. Maybe we can work something out?

I think I have an idea for a couple of characters who could be introduced in different locations now. Just a matter of seeing when to introduce them. I was thinking one of them could interact with your knights, Tus. While they or whomever they send ahead travels through the unaffiliated woods.

Side note, since Zuhan has an enchanted forest, do you think I should change the appearance of the woods within its borders to reflect that? Give it a more ominous theme?
The Hanged Man (played anonymously)

I will be replying to Beetle later today! If anyone wants to throw a character into that scene, go ahead. I am fairly interested in some folx recognizing Hangman as the Way-Watcher, or even witnessing him waking up.

As for kingdoms and factions, I actually would prefer for you guys to make those kinda of decisions for this RP! If I have any small details to add I'll mention them though.
Beetlebelle

The map is looking great so far, iltheyn!

@Strawberry I freaking love Avalynn already! I love how she behaves and speaks.

And I'm with THM on the topic of kingdoms and factions. I'll go with whatever everyone chooses.
iltheyn wrote:
@Tusitala You're better at thinking of this quickly than I am! I like all of the ideas, but there is a concern I have regarding them. I don't want the setting as is to be dominated by kingdoms belonging to a single player or couple of players, so I'd be willing to allow the integration of one of those places, unless someone else volunteers to control the narrative of others. At this instant its not too important so we have some time to think about it.

No problem

I decided to go for Camelot - mostly humans - and Arundale - mostly elves/magic folk
iltheyn wrote:
Side note, since Zuhan has an enchanted forest, do you think I should change the appearance of the woods within its borders to reflect that? Give it a more ominous theme?

I think it would enhance the map... if it is not too much hard work
I’m glad y’all like Avalynn!! I really am 😭 She’s become a fav of mine, I gotta draw her more often but that mantis bod kills me.
strawberry_champion wrote:
I’m glad y’all like Avalynn!! I really am 😭 She’s become a fav of mine, I gotta draw her more often but that mantis bod kills me.

You have such unique way to throw in hilarious quotes, I end up enjoying all your characters :)

Of course the great drawings help a lot to picture them better
Beetlebelle

Guys, as much as I would love to stay and RP this awesome story, I've come to realize how much I need to focus on other things. Would it be okay if Maren's role was just a cameo for a few turns?

Maybe if anything she can lead THM to the others before she skedaddles.
:( Maybe you could drop in and out until you're finally able to fully join?
Iltheyn Topic Starter

@Tus No problem. I'll integrate the elvish kingdom into the map.

@Beetlebelle That sounds fine by me. I'd get THM's permission before going forward with that plan, ofc. Life always takes precedent over rps.
@Deathmarch, would it be alright to have my bird character show up in the ruins, too?
The Hanged Man (played anonymously)

Hmmm! I DEFINITELY understand being busy, so no worries there Beetle <3

But I would kinda prefer if Hangman was woken up by someone who's able to stick around, since he is probably gonna cling to them a bit as he figures himself out! Maybe I could mod my post so he doesn't awaken just yet, and she can take the flower, teehee. (And someday we WILL get to play these two together!!)
@Lyssa yeah sounds good. Lucy's gonna scout out the ruins where she'll find Quintus in a cryochamber. It'll need a power source to get him out but there's none available (Which can later become a side quest sort of ordeal.) Your character showing up could be away to connect her to the others. Any idea you have let me know, we can coordinate :)
@ Deathmarch Yay! I don't have anything big planned, just that she may have been one of the animals in the area that was startled by Lucy's appearance. She's a bit of an odd duck, so to speak, and may have been drawn towards her as a result of the unusual nature of her entrance.
Ah I see, then go for it :)
-CoolShortie-

Let's see... how to join, how to join... I suppose I could just start with Char waking up in the forest, right? Maybe near one of you guys?
Beetlebelle

@THM, I expect I will have a month at the very most to continue the RP. Would that be enough time? If not, I totally understand, feel free to change up your post!
(But yeah, one of these day by gosh!! I think they'd be an interesting combo!)

Also.... OMG ANOTHER UNICORN AHHHH!! ;v; !!!!
If anyone 'accidentally' flies to Zuhan, I'd be very happy. :D
Only people with elf blood can enter, but only those with demonic blood can leave. ((by teleportation/portals))

You are on: Forums » RP Discussion » The Mountains Old (OOC)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus