Skip to main content

Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » Space Empire RP

Ulyre (played by Vodok) Topic Starter

Isaiah Lim wrote:
Ghyt was greeted by the image and voice of Emperor Isaiah. He was dressed in a sharp 2 piece suit wearing a tweed double breasted jacket.

"Greetings, outsiders. This is our first contact with alien life outside of our home system and we would like to convey our peaceful intentions by fostering trade relations with our empires. Are you agreeable to this?"
The scientist could only process the sounds and language Isaiah was presenting, turning on the psionic message communication device.
"Greetings, alien organism. We hope you maintain that peaceful intention. As the head researcher of this planet, my responsibility would be to learn about you. For trade relations, you will have to contact the representative of our species. Councilor Ulyre." they said.
*GSE Scout Probe droids spread out, searching for ideal candidates for GSE occupation*
*One GSE Scout Probe Droid scans a Cognuit planet while another scans Gallifrey*
Tardis (played by TardisCatTwo)

Tardis was laying down in the sand.

The Councilor of Communications responded with a message assuring the Time Lords they'd send help. Calling for two of the exploratory vessels to have their fleet go to Gallifrey and answer the call of emergency. Landing in the nearest city to meet with the most notable individual in authority.

There was a bright orange glow coming from nearby and a loud shriek.
*A third probe droid scans a sengan planet*

Others wrote:
There was a bright orange glow coming from nearby and a loud shriek.
The exploration fleet took out their scanners, magnification devices and readers trying to find the sign of the anomaly. One of them sending a psionic message reaching out to the nearest Time Lords.
Isaiah Lim (played by Orose_Khan)

Isaiah nodded at the scientist.

"Well, my empire is interested in the pursuit of knowledge. If you like, I can send you files that detail our anatomy, physiology and psychology in return for yours. I'll redirect you to my science Minister if you redirect me to your Councillor."

((I don't mind a few skirmishes like starfleet vs klingons in Into Darkness but I think a full-scale war this early defies all logic. It needs to develop into one and even then there should be room for a peace settlement and negotiations without total annihilation of one or the other. Purely antagonistic RPs aren't fun after all. I was previously in a conflict-based RP in Nationstates and the whole thing kept turning into a bipolar cold war and the victor essentially came down to who's more tactical and strategic or who has the biggest doomsday device. Leaves very little room for story-telling and creativity.))

There was one, from Tardis. "EIIIIIIEEEEE!!!!!!!!"
*A GSE Transport loses engine power and inadvertently drifts into Sengan space*

Isaiah Lim wrote:

"Well, my empire is interested in the pursuit of knowledge. If you like, I can send you files that detail our anatomy, physiology and psychology in return for yours. I'll redirect you to my science Minister if you redirect me to your Councillor."

((I don't mind a few skirmishes like starfleet vs klingons in Into Darkness but I think a full-scale war this early defies all logic. It needs to develop into one and even then there should be room for a peace settlement and negotiations without total annihilation of one or the other. Purely antagonistic RPs aren't fun after all))
Ghyt nodded in admiration at the humans seemingly open to engaging in the practice of discovery.
"We would greatly appreciate that. We shall gladly exchange in this information." they said.
Finding the channel to redirect Isaiah to Councilor Ulyre. The leader of the Cogniut was at the front of the communication panel, already focused on the psionic message sender with the rest of the Council in the background.
"Doctor Ghyt informed me you wish to form an alliance with us." they said.

Others wrote:
There was one, from Tardis. "EIIIIIIEEEEE!!!!!!!!"
The head of the crew went to find Tardis as the rest of the crew went to find the source of the readings they were picking up.

((Please use more Time Lord characters to fully convey the aspects of your Empire and dynamic relations between a variety of characters.))

(( I will! X3 ))

The screaming slowly died out.

The Plutonian outpost detects a blip on its radar as an unidentified spacecraft enters the Sengan system. A flight of 4 spacewolves are dispatched and a fighter-class starship mobilised to be on standby. Captain Kiran, the flight commander of the dispatched spacewolves, was the first to hail the unidentified spacraft.

"Unknown spacecraft, state your intentions or we will open fire."

Ulyre wrote:
Isaiah Lim wrote:

((I don't mind a few skirmishes like starfleet vs klingons in Into Darkness but I think a full-scale war this early defies all logic. It needs to develop into one and even then there should be room for a peace settlement and negotiations without total annihilation of one or the other. Purely antagonistic RPs aren't fun after all))
Ghyt nodded in admiration at the humans seemingly open to engaging in the practice of discovery.
"We would greatly appreciate that. We shall gladly exchange in this information." they said.
Finding the channel to redirect Isaiah to Councilor Ulyre. The leader of the Cogniut was at the front of the communication panel, already focused on the psionic message sender with the rest of the Council in the background.

Isaiah was somewhat taken aback. "An alliance at this time may be presumptious," he cautioned, "after all, this is first contact for us. What we would like to do, however, is form trade relations as we expand not only our empire, but our understanding of the known universe."

The exploratory crew reached out to figure out what the cause of distress was.

(1-4 The psionic reach gives no clue of what the threat is.
5-7 The Cogniut find where the threat is.
8-10+ The Cogniut Identify the threat.)

((Orose, remember to use a dice roll for any combat situation. DJ will most likely remember that too.))

rolled 1d10 and got a natural 10. After the modifier of +2, got 12
Natural Ability

Isaiah Lim wrote:
Ulyre wrote:
Isaiah Lim wrote:

Isaiah was somewhat taken aback. "An alliance at this time may be presumptious," he cautioned, "after all, this is first contact for us. What we would like to do, however, is form trade relations as we expand not only our empire, but our understanding of the known universe."
"We are glad this has now been made clear to us. Trade relations are a suitable starting point. Are they certain resources of our own that interest you? What do you have to offer us?" the Councilor responded.

(( Oh! Sorry! Xp ))

The threat is- Child?

Others wrote:
(( Oh! Sorry! Xp ))

The threat is- Child?
((That's OK, but I'm still going to need something more clear than that.))

You are on: Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » Space Empire RP

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus