Skip to main content

Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » Space Empire RP

Tardis (played by TardisCatTwo)

(( Hellosh! XD ))
Ulyre (played by Vodok) Topic Starter

Lord Kronz wrote:
((Why?))
((I have to moderate this group, and I was in no state to do that yesterday. All activity may continue.))
((Waiting on your reaction Isaiah))
Isaiah Lim (played by Orose_Khan)

((am I supposed to understand spartish?))
((No, sounds like gibberish to you.))
((There just scout probe droids about 2 feet in diameter, scanning purposes only))

((having detected all 3,do I know the ETA of the invading force?))
Isaiah Lim wrote:
((having detected all 3,do I know the ETA of the invading force?))
((No, you just know something big is coming, it is assumed to be military))

((DJ, I'm pretty sure I asked that we keep it to skirmishes. You seem to be planning a full-scale invasion. Keep in mind that food supply is a major factor in warfare. No food means malnourished soldiers and limited manpower, an army marches on its stomach after all. Also, please note that when it comes to warfare, I tend to engage a relatively high level of realism. So even if you claim your empire is composed of brilliant tacticians, if I as a player happen to employ better tactics than you, I still have a pretty decent chance to win. I'll close one eye if you decide to engage in full-scale war, but I will not hesitate to demand and call you out for unrealistic maneuvers, weapons or essentially any action you take during this war.

That said, your scorched earth policy makes little sense. You say your empire is built on expansion and conquest to drive its economy and agriculture. A scorched earth policy means you wipe out everything that's useful to us but those things should, logically, be useful to you as well. Perhaps it's in-character for your empire but I invite you to reconsider your playstyle. A culture built purely on war need not be totally antagonistic. Think of the Romans, the Mongols and the Vikings. All 3 were built on warfare. Conquest for the former 2 and raids for the vikings but they didn't found their culture solely on war.

Honestly, War RPs are more trouble than they're worth and I'd like to avoid it in an empire-building game. Perhaps I sound whiny or uncooperative to you but it's the truth. Vodok mentioned it, and I've been part of a war rp before. Sh*t gets old real fast. If you want to play war games, go play Warhammer. If you want to stay here, I suggest you reinvent your empire to a less warlike one.

If you insist on fighting Senga, I'll participate but I demand realistic war actions every step of the way. Fail to comply and I will make sure you "kena left, right and centre", "give you 1x jialat jialat" and "hou lu jiak sai" as they say in my nation. Your lack of resources indicate that in that scenario, I have the upper-hand [and a defending force that outnumbers your attacking force]. Please reconsider your playstyle for this RP.))

((Furthermore, DJ I agree with Orose on this one. This RP is meant to be character driven and I'm doing everything possible to keep it that way. I recommend you make your species evolve and develop a diplomatic policy. Not only does the Sengan Empire have the advantages Orose already mentioned, but they also have the ally advantage on this one. The Cogniut may be a glass canon species, but they're still a reliable source of available resources. As well as the time lords as an extension of allies. Warfare spurs people into developing technology for battle. Especially since Tardis is based on Doctor Who time lords, and when they went into an intergalactic war, The Time War that resulted in them creating a variety of eldritch abominations that terrorized all of time and space. Even though they're less advanced at the moment they could still be spurred towards a state when they were reigned over by Omega.))
((Fine, but nobody usually ever interacts with me on these types of rps and that's why i go war-based, to, in a sense, ensure some kind of interaction*))

Lord Kronz wrote:
((Fine, but nobody usually ever interacts with me on these types of rps and that's why i go war-based, to, in a sense, ensure some kind of interaction*))
((then shouldn't you reach out in a more peaceful manner?? Starting wars is just gonna piss people off especially if you cripple or totally destroy their empires. I don't think anyone is obliged to react to your presence if its in deep space.

You can try doing what I did andmake first contact by sending out an omnidirectional communications signal, like a "hey I'm here don't ignore me" kind of thing. You essentially just admitted to picking fights for attention which is pretty immature and lacking in creativity imo.))
((I have my reasons, gonna have to rp someone pleaing to Supreme Emporer Kronz tho, he the guy in charge. Gonna reduce to DEFCON 1 (normal readiness)))

Lord Kronz wrote:
((I have my reasons, gonna have to rp someone pleaing to Supreme Emporer Kronz tho, he the guy in charge. Gonna reduce to DEFCON 1 (normal readiness)))
((You're going to have to be patient for such a character to come about.))
((Supreme Emporer Kronz is me tho))

Lord Kronz wrote:

((if you like we can RP the Spartans getting outnumbererd, outgunned and outmaneuvered :D

That way they have an excuse to male a tactical retreat and if Kronz is reasonable at all he can say, "sh*t, going to war against another advanced civilisation wont work because we don't have the resources for sustained warfare." And from there he can develop his diplomatic policy))
((Nah, maybe steal a disabled spartan transport and be a stowaway while it gets recovered then engage in diplomatic activities?))

Lord Kronz wrote:
((Nah, maybe steal a disabled spartan transport and be a stowaway while it gets recovered then engage in diplomatic activities?))
((can't rp that seamlessly. If the military captures your spacecraft they're more likely to dismantle it and study its constituent parts to get a feel of spartan tech. Also stowaways make less sense than a scout-class ship dropping in commando units but they're not diplomats either.))
((Idk how to peacefully rp a change in philosophy for Supreme Emporer Kronz, maybe he becomes defense focused but more open?))
((Key word PEACEFUL))

You are on: Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » Space Empire RP

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus