Skip to main content

Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » Space Empire RP

((Nah, maybe steal a disabled spartan transport and be a stowaway while it gets recovered then engage in diplomatic activities?))
Isaiah Lim (played by Orose_Khan)

Lord Kronz wrote:
((Nah, maybe steal a disabled spartan transport and be a stowaway while it gets recovered then engage in diplomatic activities?))
((can't rp that seamlessly. If the military captures your spacecraft they're more likely to dismantle it and study its constituent parts to get a feel of spartan tech. Also stowaways make less sense than a scout-class ship dropping in commando units but they're not diplomats either.))
((Idk how to peacefully rp a change in philosophy for Supreme Emporer Kronz, maybe he becomes defense focused but more open?))

Isaiah Lim wrote:
((if you like we can RP the Spartans getting outnumbererd, outgunned and outmaneuvered :D

That way they have an excuse to male a tactical retreat and if Kronz is reasonable at all he can say, "sh*t, going to war against another advanced civilisation wont work because we don't have the resources for sustained warfare." And from there he can develop his diplomatic policy))

((there's this))
((Key word PEACEFUL))

((if you can't we can have a battle to avert a war. Keep losses to a minimum, have your fleet realise it's too small/not enough food/outgunned etc and reinvent your foreign affairs policy))
((Peaceful = without war, you guys keep giving me the solution of "you fight me, you lose, you change."))
Ulyre (played by Vodok) Topic Starter

Lord Kronz wrote:
((Peaceful = without war, you guys keep giving me the solution of "you fight me, you lose, you change."))
((Can you restrain yourself to skirmishes and not go Imperium of Man, Galactic Empire, Sith Empire or any other space empire that goes all out warfare without provocation on us?))
((Sure, but I'm keeping the name))

((actually you can just make the situation such that the GSE has really overexpanded and lacks the food to support their army. As a strategist and cyborg, Kronz should be aware that he can't sustain a war of attrition and Senga's underground lockdown policy means their scorched earth policy is useless until they tunnel below ground or have a Death Star. He also shouldn't be too prideful to withdraw))
Isaiah Lim wrote:
((actually you can just make the situation such that the GSE has really overexpanded and lacks the food to support their army. As a strategist and cyborg, Kronz should be aware that he can't sustain a war of attrition and Senga's underground lockdown policy means their scorched earth policy is useless until they tunnel below ground or have a Death Star. He also shouldn't be too prideful to withdraw))

((1. They barely have enough food to feed their crews as is,
2. War was never declared, you fired the first shots bud.
3. Let's just say Dreadnought 3 is well armed
4. Invasion never actually started, there is nothing to withdraw.))

((I fired the first shots because that's SOP for all militaries when unidentified aircraft enter their airspace and fail to state their intentions or otherwise identify themselves.

I will say this outright. Realistically and for gameplay purposes, your dreadnoughts can't be powerful enough to drill a hole or destroy an entire planet because
1. That's OP
2. The entrypoints of my underground lockdown are tiny compared to your ships. You won't be able to lock on reliably to hit the pressure points
3. Whether using energy or projectile guns, it would take months to dig through each planet's crust. Years in the case of the larger planets. Your food supplies won't last that long and the cost of laying siege to planets that way is ridiculously high

Anyway, you can call off the invasion before it starts and prevent both of us unnecessary grief and stress))
((Alrighty, consider it called off. Those in training will be transferred to defense divisions.))
((Diplomacy is now open in the GSE))

((I think since this is an RP forum an IC post for that would be encouraged.))
*Aboard Dreadnought 3*
*High Emporer Zeno enters the Supreme Emporer's chamber*

GSE High Emporer Zeno: "Your majesty."
Supreme Emporer Kronz: "Yes, High Emporer Zeno?"
GSE High Emporer Zeno: "I must advise that you open the empire's borders to other empires for trade."
Supreme Emporer Kronz: "And why is that High Emporer?"
GSE High Emporer Zeno: "The empire simply cannot survive like this your highness." *a hologram showing resource production and consumption rates flickers into view*
"At our current growth rate, we have about a year before we can no longer provide enough food or water for our citizens, the mines can scarcely produce enough usable alloys to arm our troops, a significant amount of infrastructure is in disrepair."
Supreme Emporer Kronz: "A dire situation indeed. Very well, open the borders to trade."
*Supreme Emporer Kronz stamps his seal on an order to open the GSE borders to trade and sends copies of it to the GSE High Emporers to be carried out.*

((That's the spirit))

The Spartan host drew nearer and nearer to the border of the Sengan system. Everyone, the Spacewolf pilots, the Plutonian Vanguard, ground control and even MG Han Seng were on a knife-edge as they all tried to steel themselves for battle.

Then the inexplicable happened. The Spartans turned around and warped back to their system. No one knew why, they only knew that they had been spared from the fate of war. For a moment, the communications channels remained quiet. A resounding cheer arose from the ground troops and Spacewolf pilots. GC took up the cry and even the command core smiled while wiping away their sweat. The only one who remained stony-faced was MG Han Seng.

Senga had dodged a bullet but who was shooting? Were they to be hit by a barrage of ammunition? MG Tee Kee pondered over their fortune and the implications it held for his defence force. He made up his mind and started drafting a new order.

To all personnel stationed with the Plutonian Vanguard:
We have been exceedingly fortunate to avoid war with an alien empire. However, we must not become complacent. Ours is the first line of defence the Sengan Imperium has in defence of it's home system. We must remain vigilant and we must be prepared for combat at all times. Therefore, the command core has seen fit to extend the duration of this mobilisation exercise for it to count towards reservist liability.

In the coming years, we will push for more rigorous combat training and increase the annual reservist liability to a total of 4 weeks a year. Those who have completed their reservist liability and those who are more than half-way through their 10-year cycle will be exempt from this development. Our defence scientists stationed on Saturn will also be working alongside us more in future to upgrade our equipment in preparation for the event of invasion.

With regards to our current situation, the Imperator has ordered for all planets to remain in lockdown for the next week in case the incursion returns.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I wish you all a good in-camp-training.

Regards,
MG Li Han Seng
*A transmitter droid relays the message to Sengan space (in Spartish) that Spartan policy has changed and the empire is now open to trade by order of Supreme Emporer Kronz*
*a group of transports with a diplomatic team onboard warps into Sengan space with all hardpo8nts retracted, a hologram showing the Sengan flag, the intergalactic peace symbol and the GSE flag is transmitted to all Sengan ships in the area. The transports keep their distance from any Sengan planet, waiting for a response from the space wolves or a Sengan representative.*

A week passed without incident and the Sengan Imperium emerged from lockdown. In that time, communications picked up a signal from deep space but it was in an unrecognisable language and dismissed until such a time came when it could be translated.

Isaiah renewed contact with Councillor Ulyre by sending out a signal through the previous communications channel.

You are on: Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » Space Empire RP

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus