Skip to main content

Forums » RP Discussion » A bit put off.

MissUndeadKisses

Do people not like me here....
I like you, you're awesome! :) You really are a great girl.
MissUndeadKisses Topic Starter

I can never just start an rp and someone answer...
I think the same about you. If you ever want to start a RP, you can just come to me. :) Also, for RP forums, try putting a title that will catch intrest. I know I have hard times with names alot, Backyard Basketball really never catch someone's eye for sure. ^^; Just try to make a good title and I'm sure someone will answer. :)
I will gladly RP with you! I'm not that good at modern time settings, but I can try if you want ^^
Well spoken, Angel. Also, if you don't get a message form me within a two day tiime line, then please message me telling me that you didn't get a message because sometimes my Inbox doesn't send my messages.

I have so many characters that no ever seems to enjoy...
Well, most people like characters that have a lot of detail in them. Some of my most popular characters are the one's with a good deal of detail in them like Kuro and Luna. If you put more about your characters, more people will probably look at them and want to try roleplaying with them.

You might also want to try to keep new ideas up and ready to use, such as if the RP is going dead, try making something new happen. If you always keep the RP fun and active, it will make it better. And try to think like your characters, put a little of who you are in them so you can make them part of you, that is what I do.

I try, I don't get anything new.
Darth_Angelus Moderator

The harsh reality is that not everything you create is going to appeal to other people. Sometimes it can be really hard to get to use a character you've put time into creating and sometimes people get bored of RPs and drop them.

However, don't let any of that discourage you, because it happens to absolutely everyone. Keep thinking of ideas and characters. If people don't respond to your RP requests, then look for others to join and use the characters you want to play.

Keep trying and don't give up. You've got some good replies here, so I think it's safe to say people do like you.
Will, try making loner replies to each reply you get. If someone gives you a long reply and you give them a sentence it tends to make it harder to reply to, and in some cases, and I have dealt with this, it really irrates someone and makes them feel like you aren't having fun in the RP.

Like for the RP we have going on in PM, I really like it and having fun with it but when I give you long detailed replies and give me a sentence in return without a good reason (like you're on your iPod or something.) then I feel like you really don't like the RP much and I feel as though I should go ahead and end it.

I've already told you I cant answer with long replies due to the fact Im stuck useing an Ipod...

And none of my characters work.

I think I will just start all new?
Then let other people know that, tell them that you will be on your iPod and that you can't make really long replies.
Kim Site Admin

I'm so sorry you're feeling so down. If you're just venting, that's fine, but in case you're really asking for advice, I really urgently want you to realize: RP is a game, and games are not fun when played with someone who can't recognize fun, friendship or comradery -- something that's been offered up repeatedly in this thread and not once acknowledged!! Extending emotional support is very draining, and will destroy any existing friendship, potential friendship, or sympathy those helpers had unless they get something in return.

There are five direct offers of comfort and/or RP from three different people in this thread (not counting those who posted after your last response) and the only answers are pity parties, no thanks for the kind words. Ouch!

It's clear you are feeling very sad, and that can make it hard or impossible to be expansive and notice the good things, but there's a lot of warmth and caring in this thread, all for you. Maybe taking a moment to notice the good things will help your RPs, too... After all, it's hard to want to play with someone who doesn't seem playful.

If you've been having trouble with specific people bailing on you, you might want to try some of the steps for managing OOC relationships that were outlined during the Festival of Being Excellent To Each Other just last month.

I hope you feel better soon, MissUndeadKisses. It's really sad to see you so down!
Kim Site Admin

MissUndeadKisses wrote:
I can never just start an rp and someone answer...

Rp? Where do I sign up?
Anna and Kerag (played anonymously)

:-/ Well, if you ever come back and try RPing again, maybe let people who are playing with you know before you decide to disappear for good.

Although hopefully, if you rejoin, there'll be no disappearing for good ;)

You are on: Forums » RP Discussion » A bit put off.

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus