Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » Winterville High school

Keith Saunder (played by Yukio_Okumura13) Topic Starter

I finish her tea and pour it into a cup and hand it to her. ‘T-that will be $5.67’ I say a bit louder then my usual whisper.
She nodded, “T-that’s good..... “ She took out the money for her tea, “S-sorry if that’s an awkward question....” She handed him the money, before looking back at the window and tensed up slightly as she saw the small group outside were still glaring at her. (.......Why.....)

((Are we allowed to curse on here? Just want to make sure))

‘It’s fine...’ I put the money in the register and notice her looking outside to a group outside.
((Yeah, you can cuss))
((Ok just wanted to make sure before I said crap or something like that))

“Thank you....” She took the tea and sat down at a table, (I can’t leave yet, the moment I do that bat is going straight into my head.....) She stoke glances outside to see if they were still there, every time she did they were. (I can’t wait much longer I have work as well.....)

I stare at her now and then and I notice her looking out the window now and then to some group of people who look like trouble. I don’t notice but I’m staring for a long time.
Nightfrost looked over at the counter and saw Keith staring, shifting in her chair slightly from being uncomfortable. She never did like being stared at, a lot of people either ignored her completely or paid too much attention because they saw a target.

Once I notice that I was staring and she saw me, I quickly avoided eye contact and began to make drinks again. Not I bet she thinks that I’m some weirdo...
She finished drinking her tea and saw the time, (Crap I am really late!) she thought to herself, putting the empty disposable cup in the trash before putting her backpack over her shoulder. (They’re still here.....) She slowly opened the doors and waved a small goodbye to Keith before quickly walking past the group. One of them tilted his head and they walked in the same direction she did.

I raise my hand up for a goodbye and see that creepy group outside follow her... something doesn’t seem right... I check the time and it’s abou time for my shift to be over anyway and I quickly grab my bag from the employee room and tell the other workers that I’m leaving and catch up to them and stay a few feet behind the group. I’m just here to make sure this isn’t something bad... if I’m wrong, then I’ll just go back to work... god! Why am I doing this?! I never do this sort of thing! I try and avoid stuff like this!
The guy walked up next to her, “Hey, you know it’s not nice to leave when we were waiting for ya.” “I have work to do.....” She started walking a little faster, but the guy only grabbed her arm and pulled her back. “Quit being such a bitch, I just want a little fun.” “Get away from me.” She glared, pilling her arm away from him and almost ran into a blacksmith shop with a forge in the back of it. (Why do they always follow me?! At least the guys I work with banned them from the store.....)

I quickly catch up to Night. ‘H-hey!’ Please tell me that they will leave her alone.... I can’t stand and watch something like this happen but I don’t like getting into this sort of stuff. I have enough of stuff like this at home...
“O-oh, hi....” Nightfrost looked at him a little surprised, putting her bag in one of the lockers near the back and pulling out a leather apron. (I thought he was at work... odd, I really hope this is just coincidence and he didn’t see that moron with me....)

What do I say now? Nice going genus Keith... ‘u-uh...’ I mess with my long sleeve shirt,’s sleeve and avoid eye contact. ‘I saw...’ I can’t do it! I don’t want to act like a stalker! ‘I saw you paid me too much for the d-drink!’ I come up with an excuse and pull out a dollar and hand it to her.
“O-oh um, thank you.....” She took the dollar and put it into her bag before closing the locker, “Well, I-I should get to work, I still have to put the handle on a Katana before the customer comes in the morning......feel free to look around, Afol over there can help you with anything.” She waved before going into the back, Afol sitting behind the counter. He was in his late 20s and had silvery hair with black streaks through it, and purple eyes. He smiled and waved, “Hey, like she said let me know if you need anything.”

‘O-ok’ I say to Afol and start to look around when I get a call. I answer is and say ‘hello?’ Very quietly. On the other end, my mother is yelling at me and spitting out almost every single cuss word you could think of. She’s obviously drunk and pretty mad that I’m late to being home... ‘I-i... I worked a bit extra today...’ I try my best to sound convincing. She tells me to come straight home and then hangs up. I put my phone in my pocket of my jeans and start to shake a little... Not again... I grab a fistful of my sleeve and hug myself.
Nightfrost growled to herself, grabbing the hammer from the table and grabbing the hot piece of metal out of the forge and started hitting on it repeatedly. It was work that needed to be done, and it helped her get her anger out. Afol looked over at him, “Hey, you alright?” He looked worried, getting up and starting to come around the counter.

‘Oh, y-yeah I’m f-fine.’ My stutter gets a little worse. I need to get home right now! But I don’t want to because it’ll happen again... I look down at my arms hidden by my sleeves.
He clearly didn’t buy it, sighing. “Look I know it’s probably none of my business, but if you need some help let me know. A friend of Nightfrost’s is a friend of mine. Oh do you want me to get her out of the back?”

‘No, no no no! I’m fine, really!” I back up a little. Can’t have anyone know... I pull my sleeves down a bit more.
He sighed, looking at his sleeves. “Ok ok, I’m not trying to freak you out more.” He froze as he heard Nightfrost loudly curse from the back and chuckled nervously, “Umm yeah, I should make sure she didn’t drop the metal on her foot again.....have a good day.” He went into the back, leaving the door open and going over to her.

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » Winterville High school

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus