Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » Funny birthday gifts

Sanne Moderator

It's my father's birthday this Sunday and I went and got him a birthday gift. He's not a man who wants much... In fact, he's a real macho guy who'll whop you over the head and tell you to 'get over it' when you break your leg (so to speak, of course)... So what did I get him?

A small book full of MAN-STUFF. Instructions on how to be a real man, how to fish, how to succesfully fart in public and not get caught etc. etc.

And then, the best yet... A black t-shirt with the following writing on it: "I'm not a gynecologist but I don't mind taking a look if you want!" XD

I think they're hilarious and I'm absolutely sure my father will love them. My mom cracked up when I told her.

But I'll need inspiration for next year as well, so please, fire away with stories on YOUR funniest birthday gifts, given or received. :D
Yuka

For my 18th, my Gran gave me this box. Plain-looking, nothing special. I opened it, and it was filled with frilly, pink and white lace. She knows I'm more leaning to the goth stereotype than girly girl, but I steeled myself anyway. What'd I find at the bottom of the box? A voucher to our local alternative/metal/goth store XD
I seen this shirt one time at Hot Topic. Dunno if it's still on the racks cause it's been awhile since I've been but it was pink and on it it said pink is the new black. And another another one that was also pink it said something along the lines of the short is only pink cause it's stained in blood. It's really black.
My friends gave me 500 dollars for my birthday one year... in Monopoly money.

It made me laugh.
My boyfriend was luckily home for his birthday this past March and he's incredibly difficult to shop for. I asked him what he wanted and he told me he wanted all the prime numbers and 18 bars of gold-pressed latinum.

So I found this picture:
latinum-300x185.png
And printed out nine of them.

I couldn't find all the prime numbers so I just got him the primes up to 10,000.

(I also got him bucky balls, a ceramic noodle cup/bowl, samurai chopsticks and this nifty note scratch pad.)
Ilmarinen Moderator

I shop for funny (yet still thoughtful) gifts at http://www.thinkgeek.com/ and http://www.philosophersguild.com/ :D
My mom got my brother an alarm clock that swears at him.
We loved it. He didn't. XD
Darth_Angelus Moderator

My mum once gave my a Jar Jar Binks action figure, knowing full well how much I dislike the character.

And two of my online gaming friends usually send each other a christmas present related to something they hate, last year for example, one of them sent a poster of Robert Pattinson to the other.
After my brother converted to Catholicism around the age of 12, my aunt got him a boxing nun puppet (apparently thinking it was witty & funny).

My parents were not so amused. XD I've seen that darn thing too before. It was creeeepy.
SeraphicStar

I once got my ex a book. Well, a blank book. Like, totally blank. Not a word in it.

It's easy to figure out why she's my ex, huh? XD

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » Funny birthday gifts

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus