Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » The day Grows Long

Blank (played by Luulu)

(Several days later, I have finally figured out how I wanted to start this! I have posted this in the Forums because it is meant to stay PG rated. However, if the store line does begin to shift in a different direction, it will instantly be uplifted from the forums and placed into an adult group instead. For anyone who is interested in this rp, but did not see my post in the discussion forums, here is the information I have as of right now:
The idea is there is a world that has two main social classes, the "Owners" and the "Serf's"

The Owners are pretty straight forward. They are the class that runs the world. Kind of like Royalty in a way.

The Serf's however are very different. While they can be born as any race (meaning human, elf, dwarf, ect) they are creatures born with silver collars around their necks. Each Serf has a Owner for whom they are born, and originally they lived as a free person until they met their Owner. When a Serf and Owner who belong to each other meet a bond is formed. Over time however the Serf's became enslaved. While some of them are still lucky enough to be gifted to their Owners, some are simply treated as Slaves instead, and may meet the Owner for them at any point in their life.

I know it's a little complicated, but I hope I've explained it in a way that can be understood. Anyway, would anyone be interested in this? I think I'd like to start out with only about 3 or 4 people in the RP to see if it will work. If anyone has any questions, feel free to send me a message! )

"Good evening sir, I am glad to find you have an interest in what we have here."
The old man was bend around his shoulders with eyes that were not unkind. Dreg did not understand how someone with such understanding eyes could be in charge of a Trade store.

"Actually, I am here for my son. He needs a partner to keep him company while he trains to be my successor." Dreg's father replied, pushing the 14 year old out from behind him firmly. Dreg didn't want to have any of it. He didn't want a Serf. The boy felt that he was perfectly fine on his own. Books kept him plenty company, and he had said as much to his father multiple times.

As they were here, in a Trade shop, talking with a Trade Master, Dreg had to finally come to the conclusion that he had forever lost that battle. The boy took a deep breath and looked at the first Serf for sale.

"Here we are. Young Bonzo. He's isn't as old as the rest, but has done very well in his training. Excellent at reading and writing, and is even learning to sing for entertainment!" The Trade Master boasted as if the Serf were his own child.

A boy, much younger than he, looked out of the pillowed alcove at him. There were no chains, didn't have to be. Serf's enjoyed their place in life. The boy smiled hopefully up at Dreg, much like a small kitten who wanted to be adopted. Dreg felt only pity for the child and shook his head to crush the hopes of Serf, father, and Trade Master alike.

"Well, on to the next one then."

It was in this manner that Dreg went from alcove to alcove, searching for his Serf. Perhaps if he showed no interest in any of them, his father would understand and they would leave as they came.
Danniel Riley (played by EonRising)

Danniel was next. She stood timidly next to Bonzo. Her ears were flat against her head in submission and her tail between her legs. The only look in her eyes was one of sadness, not from being beaten, for the trade master was as good as they come, but for a wish of hope. She was not like the other serfs, she hated her place in life. She wanted to be free, to see the world. The only thing seperating her from that was just a simple, silver collar.
The coyote anthro wore a cotton dress that was only a bit too small for her and compressed her body. It seemed she was given this on purpose for the sake of showing off her fit, curvy body actually.
She gave Dregg one quick glance in the eyes then looked away again.
Blank (played by Luulu) Topic Starter

Danniel may have looked away, but Dreg sure hadn't. Maybe it was her dress causing a reaction in his pre-teen self, or how unhappy she seemed to be there. Either way, he stopped.

"Her. What's her name?"

The Trade Master paused, having been ready to walk right past this particular section.

"Danniel. One of our less trained. She could use a bit of work, not a firs for sure."

He and Dreg's father went to continue on, but Dreg sure didn't. He reached through the alcove, out at the Serf. "Danniel, was it? Hi. I'm Dreg."

He waited to see how she would respond.

"Hi," she said and looked back at him, in the eyes now. She was a brave, headstrong and very vocal girl but here she never got the chance to speak, "Are you going to take me from this horrible place? Or are you going to take some other girl? Aya is a good singer... Sariah is pretty and smart. Elly is a bit naive but very friendly... I've got nothing," she said with a light huff.

Dreg found himself querking an eyebrow at her comment at "this horrible place", but didn't say anything more. He glanced in the directions that she motioned, but only held out his hand for her.

"I don't even want a Serf." He found himself muttering again, finally to someone besides himself.
"I wouldn't be a good owner. I don't want one. I don't want you."

But still his hand was outstretched, his eyes looking at her and ignoring everything he had been saying.

"Why me?" she asked but didn't refuse. She placed her soft, furry hand in his and gently clasped her fingers through his, still looking at him.

Without completely thinking about his actions, Dreg tugged a little at the girl to pull her forward and tussel the top of her head with his free hand. "Because I think we would both be bad at this."

Meanwhile his father and the Trade Master were making plans for the purchase. The Trade Master was almost in tears with gratitude, and his father was laughing softly at the whole ordeal.

Danniel jerked her head back, "I'm not your pet. Don't treat me as such," she huffed but followed without argument and continued holding his hand.
Raising an eyebrow, Jherra watched as a new 'pair' was made. How wonderful. They practically glowed with happiness.... not. That just wasn't the way anymore. Serfs were paramount to slaves, and they took such in a mixture of happiness and reservation. Owners were... well... high and mighty. They had money and luck- for that was all it was. The luck of being born without a silver collar around their neck.

Thinking of silver collars... Jherra fondled her own. A constant companion and reminder of exactly what she was... and what she was worth.

Not much.

She had been here in this Trade store for what seemed like months! But was probably closer to just a few weeks.... maybe a month. After letting out a sigh she cushioned her head on her hand and prepared herself for another day of Owner watching.

Danniel pulled away as she spotted Jherra and walked up to her. Even though Jherra hadn't been there for long, Danniel had started to look up to her for reasons even she didn't know about.
"Bye Jherra," she said quietly then went back to Dregg's side.
Jherra lifted a hand in a vague farewell. "Bye Danni, take care of yourself. Safe journey."

The little one had been afraid once, seems she had toughened up quite a bit. You can always tell if someone has been through hard times by looking in their eyes... Not to mention the way they will behave. Jherra could only guess what danniel had been through, but she could give her own brand of strng comfort- and had been, for any serf who needed it. Many of them were far younger than her, the poor things, and needed a strong role model. Not that she was the best. No, far from it. She was simply... Patient.

Not that she was feeling very patient at the moment. With a huff she moved herself back against the wall and sat, one leg up and tucked under her chin, an arm wrapped around it while the other leg stretched out. She didn't feel like standing today. Or at least, not right now. It was only a matter of time before her energy levels grew too much- then she would be up and pacing- the usual.

Danniel stood silently next to Dregg for a moment then ran back to Jherra and gave her a tight hug even though she was sitting. "I want you to come with me..."
Jherra was shifted a bit to the side from the force of the little thing throwing herself in a hug. A smile and soft chuckle came out of her, as well as a huff of air as the girl squeezed her grasp tight.

"Now, now, it is not my choice, nor is it yours. Your new Owner will have enough of a handfull without adding me to it too. As you are well aware, I have my... drawbacks. Go." She swept the hair out of Danniel's eyes, and gave her a little kiss on the forehead. "You will be fine. Just... be well, and safe journey." She looked up and met the eyes of both Owners. In a strong, far less affectionet tone, she repeated her usual words of parting.

"Safe Journey."

The coyote clung to her friend and flinched a bit when she said "your new owner."
They teen didn't like that context at all but eventually let go and walked reluctantly back to Dregg's side.
Cerise (played by ColombeRory)

Cerise waited back at the manner pacing the floor, "where were they?" she thought to herself checking the large clock in the entry hall again. She watched the windows for shadows waving off any offer of nourishment or entertainment from the serfs in the home. Cerise was waiting for her brother to come back from the Market. The seventeen year old girl was Dreg's elder sister and their father had already told her before the two of them left that morning that it was going to be up to her to help him train his new serf. She knew the reluctance in the boy and hoped that their father would take a little pity on Dreg and not force him to pick some serf that he thought would help control the boy. She sat down in a large huff her hip length hair pooling around her like an ebony lake. Pulling a thin leather bound volume from the folds of her skirts she started to read hoping to pass the time a little bit faster.

Dreg had been eyeing the little interaction, and felt his cheeks heat up when the elder serf spoke to him. Were they allowed to talk like that?! Then a little voice inside his head chastised him, apparently they could.

It was then that Dreg finally made up his mind. "Her too." He stated, rather childishly, pointing towards Jherra.

"You....want what one?" The Trade Master said in shock. "She is....quite....unique young master." To the boy's father he pleaded, "Surely this young one will be a handful enough."

His father stared down at Dreg. The squarness of his jaw, the set of his stance.
"Both." The boy repeated again, still pointing. "If you're going to make me have one you might as well make me have two."

"well.." His father pondered, "I suppose it will be easier for Cerise to show you how things are done if she had one of her own to give example to. I don't see why not. Both it is then."

The coyote immediately perked up. Her ears stood up high and her eyes sparkled then she gave Dreg a tight hug.
"Thankyouthankyouthankyou!" she exclaimed.
Jherra quirked an eyebrow, but stood. In fact, she stretched, letting her new Owners see what they were getting. Being fairly tall, with a good amount of muscle on her, everything about her screamed 'exotic'. But they had just bought a demon serf. They would soon find out that the outside wasn't the only thing unique about her.

Chuckling a bit darkly as she went to stand beside them, her movements smooth and seductive with just a hint of the predator that she was. Too bad she was born a serf, but such is life. She stopped beside her new owners, crossing her arms under her breasts, and stood in a resting position as she waited for the Owners to finish the transaction.

Once the transactions were finished, Dreg's father looked first at the boy, then the newely purchased serf's. To all three, so that he needent repeat himself, he stating: "We shall not do the wright of passage here. Dreg your sister may want one over the other, and you know how she must get her way."

Dreg shrugged nonchalantly as if he didn't care.

(Wright of passage : the Master kisses the collar around the serf's neck. If it is the Master that belongs to the Serf then a strong bond is formed between the two. Sometimes this is done to the point of reading each other's minds. The Serf will not .want. to disobey the Master. If it is not the Master that belongs to the Serf, a much weaker bond of servitude is formed. The Serf can not disobey the Master in this case without feeling pain.)

The carriage ride back to the mansion was long and bumpy, just like the ride from it. Dreg had been placed in between the two Serf's, while his father rode up front with the driver. This was normal, father rarely spent too much time with his children when he could be talking business of any kind with someone. He was relieved when the house came into view.
Cerise (played by ColombeRory)

Cerise bounced up her hair flying behind her as she ran to the door, she had heard the the crunch of the hooves on the drive. She was a flurry of lace and bows her hair was pulled from her face with an ice blue ribbon and her floor length skirts and corset matched in shade. She perked an ear trying to hear if it was indeed Father for he always rode upfront with the driver talking in low harsh tones.

Peeking from her skirts wagging this way and that was her snowy tail the end decorated again with the same ice blue ribbon. Matching ears showed through her ebony hair as she bounced waiting for her brother. She had wanted to go but Father decided it was something he needed to do all alone and no matter the amount of pouting or pleading would change his mind. Their mother had left to return to the unseelie court long before Dreg was old enough to remember her and Cerise taken after her. Their mother had been a fox pooka as well. When this happened Father had started to pull himself back from them leaving Cerise to take care of Dreg, he was not unkind in any way they were well loved and taken care of, she just was left in charge of the matronly duties of the household.

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » The day Grows Long

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus