Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » The day Grows Long

Jherra had taken on an almost martyred expression when the older sibling stretched to kiss her cheek. It was just something about this young woman that rubbed her the wrong way. She had a feeling that both Danni and herself would not be making a very good match with her. As it was, Jherra only just stopped herself from scowling at the gesture. At the very least she was certain her cheek would not fall off from the contact.

At the eldest Master's words, Jherra inclined her head, uttering an "As you wish." But soon after the words had left her mouth Danni had her outburst and ran for what she assumed was the 'porch'. Frowning after them for a moment before deciding she should probably run some kind off interference.

With a sigh she turned to the other Masters. "I'll get them."

She then turned on her heel an very briskly walked to the young ones. She would have ran, but, ' A Lady never runs'. Apparently somewhere along the way she had become one. How sickening. Ah well, if she ever got a moment for herself, she would run and jump and climb a tree. But she had little hope of that.

"So, what are you two planning to do under there? Start a new life? Never have to worry about us other folk? I don't think it will last long. You would get too hungry." If there was one thing Jherra new about young people, it was their constant need to eat.
Blank (played by Luulu) Topic Starter

At the sound of food, Dreg pulled himself away from Danniel and poked his head out from underneath the porch. "You can cook?" He asked hopefully. The head cook had been sick these past few days, and the new girl hadn't been the best at it. Dreg didn't know how you could burn grilled cheese but, there it was.

He had come fully from the porch now, looking up at Jherra in amazement. "I would like some food please."

Then, glancing back at Danniel he said "Sister gets what she wants. If she wants you, she gets you. You should be nice to her. She's nice. Now lets get food."

Father was laughing harder than he had in years. Long, loud guffaws erupted from the very pit of his stomach. "Looks like you have your hands full daugheter dear. Enjoy." And with that, he and the driver took off, leaving family problems with the family.
Danniel Riley (played by EonRising)

Danniel whimpered but didn't move from her spot and held her knees tight to her chest. She could run away so easily now... She might be able to break off her collar? It seemed like a plausable idea.

(Are the collars physically a part of them or just something put on at birth?)

(They are literally born with the collars on their necks. It isn't a social class thing. Serfs are born with the will to serve their Owner, or anyone really who does the Wright of Passage. The collar isn't unplesant, it's apart of them. Though Serfs were not fashioned after the race, think of them almost like house elves. Not exactly, but close. )

(Okay... Well, Danniel is not the norm then)
Offering a hand, Jherra took the young Master around to the steps of the home. "Of course I know how to cook. No self respecting woman does not know at least a little. I confess, I have had to learn manny things I would not have had to were I still in my native land.

"Now, you must show me were the kitchen is. I am new to your home and will need guidance until I know where everything is. Also... it has been some time since I have cooked for a household this grand. What do you even eat?" Being a demon from the jungle she was always fond of the heavier meaty dishes and those that involved fruit. But she knew quite a few other recepies thanks to her time in so many other households.

Looking behind her she called to her little friend. "Danni- Come on Sweet. It could always be worse."

Dreg accepted her hand eagerly. Maybe this whole Serf thing wouldn't be such a bad idea after all. "Grilled cheese!" He beamed boldy. Then he, too, reached a hand out for Danni. "Come on. You'll like my sister. Promise."

Then he remembered he'd left his sister at the carriage. The youth took his hand from Jherra's, cupped his mouth with both hands, and gave a massive shout:

"HEY SIISSSTTEEERRRRRRRRRRRRR WE HAVE A NEW COOOOOOOOOK! COME OOON! SHE'S MAKING ME GRILLED CHEEEESE!!!!"
Cerise (played by ColombeRory)

Cerise stood in the hot sun blinking that all that had happened in the past few moments. Suddenly she had a new serf that wanted nothing to do with her. Father had gone after giving all the problems to her again. Her brother had been pulled out of the porch by the serfs, and now they were going to make lunch. Her tail flicked irritatedly a moment or two while her ears pressed flat to her head. She had waited hoping to at least have lunch with Father before he ran off but that wasn't going to happen.

"Coming Dreg." She called back now turning to look at him and forced a smile as the two serfs stood waiting. She was indeed going to have her hands full. How was she going to handle the one who just wanted to hate her? She didn't know. Father was right though the rite of passage was going to solve all of that because if she disobeyed after that then it would not be with out pain to herself. She shook her head her hair flying a bit behind her and started to walk towards the house. We will see. She said to her self.
Rai-Hye (played by Beloved1950)

Rai could hear all the commotion from the kitchen where he was. It was a shame that he had tried to have some foresight and already made half a dozen grilled cheese sandwiches. He swiftly hid them in a cupboard before the masters could see. Though Dreg would probably eat it wouldn't be what he wanted. Making the children unhappy was slightly painful to him.

Rai had been a serf serving the family since Cerise was so small and before Dreg was even around. He was very young when he was to be an assistant in the kitchens here. It had only been a few years since he had been head of the kitchen, though he wished for more assistants. Perhaps these new serfs would be more helpful.

Danniel just left the kitchen and went in search of a place to hide. She wanted to leave, she wanted to be free... She especially didn't want to be owned by this Cerise girl who just treated her like some feral animal. It didn't take her long to find a decent hiding place and she compacted herself into a tight ball.
Following the light tugs of the young Master she was led to the kitchen. She was met with the aroma of melted cheese. Perhaps a faint hint of burn. Probably the last few when the skillet got too hot. Looking down at the boy she gave him a non-threatening smile.

"You said you wanted grilled cheese, right?" Saying the question with a quirk of her brow. She led the boy to a chair, and then went to one of the prep tables and looked for a cooking bowl. "Im going to make something a bit different... but until it is ready..." Jherra followed her nose and opened a cupboard, grinning cheekily at the other serf who was standing right there. He seemed about her age. Perhaps a bit younger.. or older, sometimes you never could quite tell. She pulled out the platter with six or so golden brown grilled cheese and set them in front of the youngster. "Why dont you cut your hunger on that?"

Still smiling she tossed a bit o butter, flower, and a few other ingredients into the bowl she found and mixed it up good. First she would make tortias and then... "Do you have any chicken?" Perhaps she would make some cheesey chicken casadias.

"There is some fresh chicken in the ice box. Most of it is for this evening's meal but I will fetch you what you can use of it," he told her. He liked her. When she first came in he was a little skeptical but if had ever actually listened to the things his father taught him he wouldn't have judged her by her cover. She was making the young master happy and in the current condition of the household everyone else's happiness depended on his mood.
"Here you go," He told her as he handed over the bits of raw meat.

{Rai is half human, half Silurian giving him green scales along the edges of his skin}

Cerise walked in to the kitchen and smiled at the old serf that had been with the family for so long. "Good afternoon Rai." She kisses his cheek kindly and sat down to work on some sort of a plan for these two. "I think Rai if I can get her to calm and not run that the new coyote will work in here when I don't have her with us. I think the energy release in here would be good for her"

( will post longer when off work)

"Release energy, huh? Then I take it this one isn't her." Rai looked around for the serf who apparently hadn't come with them.

"No this one seems to understand that this is her new home" She smiled again to Rai. She got up and started to help the serf clean up after all the work he had done in the kitchen having made so many sandwiches. "Would You like a cup of tea Rai? I know you have been working a lot more being in the kitchen alone." She was grabbing a glass of milk for Dreg and was ready to grab the kettle.
Naomi (played by xUsagix)

A young girl paced around the building, holding a white tea cup full of warm tea that she was taking sips of every so often. The blonde really enjoyed tea. She was wearing her beige knitted sweater with a black skirt that went down to her knees. Her white stockings travelled up her legs, barely to her knees. Her blonde pigtails were slightly bobbing up and down as she travelled down the hallway quietly. Her blue eyes travelled around the building as she walked, taking in her surroundings. She held onto her warm tea cup tightly, trying to take in the warmth.

She kept walking quietly around and walked towards a rather noisy kitchen. As she walked past the kitchen she took a quick glance inside it and took in the people's appearances. She then quickly kept walking past them.
Wipping out what she assumed was a meat cutting board she made the scrap of chicken into tiny pieces and then went over to the fire, making sure it was good and hot. As she fried the chicken she flattened and cooked the dough into tortias and then placed them all together with cheese, creating a rather tastey bit of bread cheese and meat once she was done.

"Here, try this." Jherra placed a platter with about 8 servings, enough for herself and whoever else was in the residence (hopefully). "It's good with tomatoes in it too, but I thought on the first try, just chicken."

She looked at both Masters respectively, hoping to get some sign of either enjoyment, or possibly, digust.

"I would love a cup of tea, Cerise. Thank you. This looks marvelously delicious my friend." He pulled several small plates from the cupboard and proceeded to serve up the quesadillas.

Dreg was already halfway through his third sandwhich when the new food was complete. He eyed it suspiciously, and then back at the grilled cheeses. When had the cook gotten better? He should start paying more attention to the house. For a moment the boy considered ignoring the new food, which looked gross to his twelve year old eyes, but then cut his eyes at his sister.
Would she be angry if he didn't try it? Even the thought of sister's anger scared the boy, so he reached cautiously towards the new food.

The smallest of bites entered his mouth, and he nearly spit the food back out. Or more, it almost fell out in the midst of his sheer shock. Dreg, who almost always ate only grilled cheese if he could help it, had never tasted anything so....different...and amazing.

"Ift sho gewd!" He murmured through a mouthfull, and began digging in to the new food.

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » The day Grows Long

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus