Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » The day Grows Long

Danniel Riley (played by EonRising)

Danniel sat silently next to Dreg, not glancing at him. She didn't want to be anyone's servant at all, much less that of some boy, granted a handsome one, and he seemed kind enough, but that didn't change her mind. She grumbled softly under her breath and glanced over at Jherra; at least she had been chosen to come along as well.

(I think you mistyped that, Luulu. You said that the master serves the Serf. Isn't it the other way around?)
Blank (played by Luulu) Topic Starter

(No I said the Master belongs to the Serf. Which is true. When a true bond is formed (the bond I mentioned in my earlier descriptions of the character), the Master belongs to the Serf and the Serf belongs to the Master. It's a two way bond, kind of like a 'lover and beloved' type of thing. )
Cerise (played by ColombeRory)

She ran from the house the door left thrown wide behind her and she stood at the end of the walk bouncing from foot to foot waiting for her Father and brother to climb down from the carriage. She saw them pull up and stop the driver hopping down to take care of the horses. Cerise smiled softly up as her Father stepped down and spoke calm and slow though it was indeed obvious that she was excited "Welcome home Father. I hope all went well. Is Dreg alright with the serfs found?" She held her hands behind her back letting him fully come down from the carriage and adjust his coat before she threw herself at him and gave him a tight hug and a kiss to the cheek to go with the welcome home.
Jherra had sat with good posture the whole ride. She disliked carriages- they were unnatural and hardly very comfortable. She would prefer riding directly on the flesh that pulled it if she had any choice in the matter. At least it was not a long ride. Of course, it could have been quicker.

Once the carriage had stopped, she stood, a little hunched and opened the door. With a suppressed sigh she strightened to her full height, and lightly went down the steps just in time to see the older Master be hugged by a young female. She averted her gaze to the trees and held the door open for the young Master and her fellow serf.

Being older than most serfs, she had been through a few households. Mainly due to the Masters being enchanted on her otherness... only to get rid of her for that very same reason. She retained the manners that had been drilled into her in the beginning... for the most part. But otherwise... well, it was very hard to overwrite personality, and Jherra was just... hard to get along with at times. At least the worse that could happen was that she would either get placed back at a Serf center, or killed. Neither of which really held any fear for her anymore. Such was life.

Danniel followed Jherra out and stood shyly next to her, tail betwen her legs and ears flat, not looking at any of the masters.

Dreg left the carriage, ignoring both Serf's, and all but sticking his tongue out in disgust at seeing his sister kiss his father. Physical affection was gross. But he did pause to look up at the demon one, curious. The Trade Master had said she wasn't new, how many people was she bound to now? How many had thrown her away? He didn't know, and told himself he didn't care.

She smiled at Dreg and pulled him in to a hug even though she knew his disdain for the affection. She always tried to remind him that he too was cared for. She then turned looking at the serfs. The taller more exotic one peeked her interest but she saw that Dreg was looking at her as well. Then there was the one with ears and a tail much like her own. She giggled and picked Dreg up spinning him while whispering in his ear "which one did Father make you choose?" She hid the question in the spin and behind a giggle. After setting the boy down she calmed a bit and looked to her Father. "Two Father, don't you think he is a little young to try and take on two his first time?"

"One of us is for you," Danniel mumbled to Cerise, looking sad and depressed again. The excitement of having Jherra come with her had now faded, realizing she was still going to be nothing but a slave.

The girl blinks slow at the sadness in the serfs voice. They were born to be owned to be bound to an owner. She was not used to hearing any if the sound so upset about being brought to a new home and having the chance to find their match. Cerise smiled and turned back to her brother though her tail flicked slightly, "so Dreg which one did you want?"

"Which one do you want?" Danniel repeated, "Just because you were born lucky enough to nt have this stupid god damned collar around your neck doesn't mean you can talk about us like toys to trade. We're living people, not your play things," she glared at Cerise.

She turned and glared at the girl "mind your tone girl. You will learn quick, you'll behave and be cared for and loved or you will be very unhappy." She turned back to her father and sighed exasperated her tail flicking now with irritation. "This will be an interesting time. How long did you say you will be gone?"

Their father had been watching the interactions with a wary look on his face. He chuckled almost nervously and gave his daughter a playful pat on her head, scuffing up her hair when he did so.

"As long as I need to my dear, as long as I need too. But really now, no need to antagonize the girl too much. Soon as the Wright of Passage happens, when the two of you choose, she'll be obedient enough." He was already climbing back into the carriage, preparing for the journy out. His things would follow him shortly.

Dreg on the other hand stood there nervously. No one ever dared to defy his sister besides maybe father, and even then she usually got her way. He wanted to reach out to Danniel, warn her not to act that way. Command her maybe? Instead he began to get angry. Father was leaving again, probably until the Serfs were trained, leaving him to deal with even more girls than before! And how was he suppose to train someone while listening to everything sister told him?

"I don't want a Serf!" He yelled suddenly, both fists clenched tightly in his twelve year old hands, his face flushed, "I don't want a Serf and I never did. Take her back I don't care!" And he ran towards the house in his fury.

Danniel watched Dreg with a look of shy admiration. He was different than other masters... She like him a lot, at most a friend for the time being.
Watching with raised brows, Jherra did not voice an opinion as the seemingly older sibling asked who the young one wanted. She had noticing that both Masters gave her a once over in a kind of curious manner, as if they were trying to figure her out.

Her brows crept a little bit higher at the outburst from Danniel. Sure, they were people, and not pets; but a Master was a Master, and often serfs had no say in the manner of how they were viewed. It didn't matter whether it was right or wrong, it boiled down to whether or not you had a collar around your neck. Unfortunately for them, they did.

When the young Master stormed off, Jherra shrugged and looked to the father and the older sibling. "Will you be taking one or both of us back? Or will you simply chalk that little outburst to youthful energy and have us stay? And if we are to stay... What do you wish... Of us?"

"Dreg!" Cerise called after him and sighed looking at their father not sure really what to do. She was used to these little outbursts but she still hated them they made her worry. Her tail drooped and her ears went flat as she turned to follow Dreg but stopped hearing the other serf speak. She gave a soft smile to the girl and answered kindly "You are to stay and have a home, We do not send serfs back to where they came from because of one little outburst. You will be expected to yes behave and to serve with loyalty but at the same time you will be met with kindness and a firm hand." She moved closer still to the two and kissed both of their cheeks gently "Welcome home you two. Follow me and we will go find my little brother and see if we cannot coax him from which ever hiding spot he chose today"

Danniel looked disgusted as Cerise approached her and bared her teeth, baking away when the older girl tried to kiss her cheek.
"Don't touch me, 'master,'" she growled low and threatening, her ears pressed flat against her head.

She leaps back astounded her eyes wide as can be. Not only was the serf NOT acting as the race should be. But she was acting violent towards Cerise. She couldn't believe it. She sighed and looked at her father climbing up to the drivers seat and asked "What am I supposed to do with a violent serf? She seems as if I will be taking a crop to her more than trying to train her to work in the house or be a companion for Dreg."

"I am NOT some animal to be trained!" Danniel barked angrily, "Just because you don't have this freaking collar doesn't mean you can treat me like a pet!"

Their father had watched the entire situation with a look of detached amusement on his face. "Well isn't this quite the interesting little transaction." He drawled, one shoulder leaning off the cart. Beside him the driver too was grinning, curious to see what would happen.

"Cerise my dear, don't be so hard on the thing, she wont be able to disobey much longer anyway. Maybe she wont even want to. Though, this one is much too rambunctious for our little Dreg don't you think? Yes, I'm glad you agree." He stated before his daughter could respond. He was using his 'you .will. listen to me' tone. "The cyote will be yours my dear. I suggest you do the Wright of Passage as soon as possible. It wouldn't do to get bite marks on your lovely skin."

He turned his attention to the other Serf.

"As for you my dear, you'll go with my boy Dreg. He could use a seasoned Serf like yourself as his first. You'll find him under the porch I'll bet. Shouldn't be difficult."

And under the porch Dreg had gone. If it could be called a porch. Right in front of the house was more of a deck than a porch, with plenty of room for a full sized man to duck underneath and have a tea party, if he so chose. Dreg was underneath, arms wrapped around his legs, face buried against his knees in a pout.

"Like hell I'm being hers," Danniel growled at the father then ran off to Dreg beneath the porch and cuddled against him, "Please don't let me be with your sister."

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » The day Grows Long

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus