Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Desert Magic (open)

Mystic (played by RpWarden)

I was still on horseback which felt like an eternity but was it like 10 minutes. The day just became night so the bandits decided to rest.I'd look up see something in the distance and hear some noises that sounded like a sandstorm. And to even to make it truer I saw some dust across the sand moving strangely. Then after a few minutes of resting, I saw a giant dust cloud in distance coming toward us. It was the end for all of us.
Mirima doesn't reply to Cordell's taunting questions, but she silently wonders whether the witch might not be better than the life she's run away from. If they'll even get there.

By the time the small caravan stops, Mirima's wrists are raw. She had been able to keep them separated just enough to get some relief from the tightness of the rope, but it was far too tight for her to wiggle out.

She edges her horse up alongside the chained prisoner in front of her. Before dismounting she tilts her head toward the chains and seared flesh beneath and grimaces ever so slightly. "You musta really ticked 'em off, huh? How'd you all get yourselves in this mess anyway? And sorry for frightening you earlier; I was only trying to help. Some good that was...." Her conversation sort of rambles along without any demand or much expectation of an answer. "Oh, I'm Mirima. You got a name I can call you by?"
Rook (played by Juls)

((OOC: I keep getting this message under the "Did you know..." section: :D It's like it knows Rook is knockin' on death's door here.
Your health is low. Do you have any potions, or food?
))

"Appreciate you lookin' out for us," Cordell gave Grey a "friendly" punch to his arm... right where the chain had burned him. He rode down the the whole line of prisoners, giving each of them a few much needed sips of water. Rook coughed and sputtered as the bandit poured some of the liquid into her mouth, but then seemed to awaken a bit and actually drank a few gulps from his canteen.

With the threat of a storm looming, Cordell helped the others set up 3 tents as quickly as they could. One for the bulk of the bandits. A smaller one for the prisoners and some guards. And the third, the largest, for the horses. Normally they would be left under the open sky, but not tonight with the possibility of a sand storm.

Once they'd been ushered (or dragged) into the tent, Rook managed to sit herself upright, wincing.

"Here's dinner," Cordell said, tossing a single canteen of water for them to share into the tent with them.
Iavre Genren (played by Cookiesareyummie)

(Can I join?)
Rook (played by Juls)

Iavre Genren wrote:
(Can I join?)

((I believe it's open for anyone to join. I did a recap for another potential player on page 12... so read at least from there to get an idea what's going on!))

Rook wrote:
((10 cent overview: Bandits raid a village. A ranger (Rook) had a brother killed in that raid and seeks revenge. She and a telekinetic (Grey), whose motives are still unknown, attack the bandit camp. Three others get drawn into the fight: Knife-welding Jez, who was lost from her caravan; bard Mirima, who came to return the bandits' lost horses; illusionist Ayelle, who simply appeared. The assault ultimately fails and all are taken prisoner, with varying degrees of injuries. Separately, Mystic, was captured by the bandit leader, Marcelle. Silveris is second (or third?) in command of the bandits.

Now the bandits have loaded their prisoners on horses and are taking them to a lady named Jadis in hopes of selling them. She has a reputation of being a witch.

So, perhaps Narzha knows one of the above characters? Maybe she IS one of the bandits (many of them are still nameless/faceless). Or a lone traveler for some reason? Or maybe she's connected to this witch somehow?

Hopefully that helps! :)

IC post later once I get some real-life work done... ))

((thanks for this it helps me to start)

Iavre woke up on the ground , it was hot and her skin was burning . It was red like a lobster , she looked ashamed it looked afwul. She sit down but it hurt her to much , she crawled a bit . She looked painfully around "Hello!" it sounded raspy.

She felt like she wanted to cry , she needed some water . She decide to cry so she could drink her tears. But well crying she start realizing she needed water because there were no tears what could drop on her tawny trouser
Grey 906 (played anonymously)

((Welcome Iavre!))

Grey winced when Cordell punched him right where it hurt. He nodded slightly at Mirima.

"Name's Grey," he said, careful not to shift the chains around his arms too much.

But then the prisoners were dragged into a single tent and given a canteen of water to share. The guards were outside the tent and Grey tried moving his fingers. He was met with white pain.

Can't use my hands. He grit his teeth and leaned back, listening to the faint howl of the wind. Then he noticed Rook had sat up and he tilted his head at her.

"Awake?" he smiled. "Although we're still in a living nightmare."

she crawled to some tents , not knowing if there would be people or not . She managed to get it , she noticed the bottle of water . She quickly drinked it and wiped the water of the chin after she drinked .

She finally could stand up and looked around her , she looked a bit choked seeing all those people around her who she first didn’t noticed . “I only needed some water!”

We were all being dragged into a tent and one only and one of the bandits said: "Here's lunch." He gave us slope and few things I did not want to eat.

I'd almost finish dinner until I saw it. The Giant dust cloud from earlier was 2 minutes away from us and I did want anyone to die well except for the bandits. I went outside the tent trying to get through the people and once I was outside I yelled "SANDSTORM!"
Rook (played by Juls)

"Indeed" the ranger said, "where... are..."

She paused as a girl with a bad sunburn lifted the tent flap, crawled inside, and immediately stole their only water.

((Iavre would quickly notice these people are clearly prisoners. Most are injured. They've got their hands bound, most with rope, except for Grey, who is bound with a chain.))

Rook gave the girl a rather incredulous look. She seemed about to say something more when Mystic cried out his warning. There could be no attempt at escape this night. Leaving the protection of the tent could easily spell death if it was a bad storm.
After having only a canteen of water tossed into the tent for "dinner," Mirima begins carefully digging through her bag. She shifts herself so that the bag is away from the tent flap should any of the bandits decide to come inside.

Eventually she locates her own small canteen and the traveling rations she's had packed. The biscuits are only a few bites worth and pretty dry, but they'll certainly do in a pinch.

Just then another person comes dragging herself into the tent. Mirima keeps her things hidden until she's sure that the guards aren't following this woman. Thoughts wondering who she is and why she's so suddenly in their midst swirl through Mirima's head. The poor thing gulps down most of the water in the canteen and leaves the rest of them with nothing. There is suddenly an extremely thick layer of tenseness added to the air.

Mirima begins to quietly hum a little tune in the hopes of calming everyone's nerves. She plans on passing her own canteen first to the injured woman and then to Grey. However, another prisoner suddenly runs from the tent to yell, "SANDSTORM," and she decides to wait as the bandits are sure to enter the tent this time.

“No not now!” Iavre grapped the backpack were the water was in “Lets go.”

She quickly runned out “This is bad .” She runned back inside “I never been in a sandstorm .” She look nervous “I will die.”
((I'm not sure what backpack you were referring to, Iavre, but if it was Mirima's bag, you wouldn't actually have been able to take it. It's a cross body bag that she's kept hidden from view, and with her wrists tied together there would be no way to take it from her person without cutting the strap.

v No problem! Just thought you ought to know. It's hard getting caught up on everything that's happened before. Unless any guards come into the tent, I think everyone inside is bound.))

Mirima Myallae wrote:
((I'm not sure what backpack you were referring to, Iavre, but if it was Mirima's bag, you wouldn't actually have been able to take it. It's a cross body bag that she's kept hidden from view, and with her wrists tied together there would be no way to take it from her person without cutting the strap.))

(she was tied oops sorry i will change it.)

Iavre sit down , she looked upset because she just heared someone shouthing "SANDSTORM!" she never saw a sandstorm , she sighed deep would she die?
The first thing all the bandits did was jump on top of Mystic and shove him back into the prisoner tent, this time tying the dragon man tightly to a pole inside so he couldn't run out again like he had, and then the bandits came to stand at the edge of their temporary camp to survey the sandstorm.

Silveris narrowed his eyes at the sandstorm in the horizon, the dust twisting and turning in the air by gale force winds spiraling into the night sky like a golden tornado, then Silveris glanced at Marcelle, silently asking the bandit leader for further orders.

Marcelle smiled.

"This is not the first sandstorm we've encountered. And it will not be the last. Our camp is on one of the larger dunes so we have the higher ground. Have all the bandits wear their sand masks. I doubt the prisoners will try anything under these conditions, but keep an eye on them anyway. Secure the horses and our supplies and make sure all the tents are fixed to the ground. Silveris, make a fire wall."

Silveris snapped his fingers; a wall of fire surrounded the camp.
Vessa (played by Eve-of-fall)

A fleck of darker motion blurred into being at the fore of the storm, each loping bound of long legs kicking a mist of grain ahead. The very plane of the rising dune bristled for the suck of air of the vortex that hunted her. It was an inferno of sand rising a steep wall into the infinite arc of the sky and it lapped at her heel and tugged at her apparel with an insistance that could not but spur her to greater vigor. She snarled for the effort and hacked her breath through the cloth visor clipped across her face. In a nearer-than-not distance raced a fire into her vision and the shock the sight wrought surged adrenaline into overworked musculature and animated her worn aspect into greater leaps. She thrust herself like an arrow on the last of it's stuttered velocity. Around thirty feet from the perimeter, she could feel as much as see the fringes of the storm overtake her, outer edges a current of specked sand driven ahead of the torrentuous body, a film of sand swallowing the southron witchling's frantic impetus a lick at a time. She cried out for desperation and lurched through the firewall, carried by tawny winds into a leap that fairly landed her into the midst of the camp tumbling, rolling –soon padding, crawling.
Rook (played by Juls)

6f40da63adeb6c0f912d2d36527d19e2.jpg

"What were you thinking, dragon boy?" Cordell asked of Mystic as he finished securing him to the pole. "That storm'll eat anything alive out there it finds."

He glanced over at the other prisoners, noticing the new girl (Iavre) sitting among them. "Well, well, well, what do we have here." He strode over and reached down, intended to grab a fistful of hair to drag her to her feet. "You think this is some free shelter to ride out the storm, girl? Who are you?"

Once I was said the word everyone panicked after a few minutes a Bandit with a bandaged eye came up to me "Get out of the storm dragon man!" I followed his orders and but then bandits ran at me and tied up to a pole inside a tent. I looked around seeing prisoners scared and frightened also I saw someone outside crawling inside a storm. I heard the sand clashing and furiously crashing into things. Then Marcelle snapped his creating a firewall. The SandStorm was the most dangerous I have ever seen in my life.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Desert Magic (open)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus