Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Desert Magic (open)

The Creator (played anonymously) Topic Starter

((Hi there BlackBird! Unfortunately we don't have any aircrafts or explosives in this RP! It's mostly desert-based with a few villages here and there and several oases. Also lots of bandits too! Feel free to join!))
Ayelle (played by Ayelle_Detonier)

((OOC: Guess what, its weekend, lets RP the s**t out of this!))
((Just curious since it was not implicitly stated: Sampson has retrieved a knife and is heading towards Mirima, that means he has let go of Ayelle, correct?))

((ooc, i'm still here, looking for an opertunety ;) dw))
Rook (played by Juls)

((
Silveris Nine wrote:
One by one, the bandits chased down each illusion, trying to find the real one in the mass of running elves as they lunged and punched and slashed at all of them until one bandit, Myles, stalked up on one of the elves near Sampson and jumped on her.

She was solid.
Ayelle wrote:
((ooc, i'm still here, looking for an opertunety ;) dw))

Looks like the young bandit Myles just jumped on her...
))
Grey 906 (played anonymously)

Mirima Myallae wrote:
((Just curious since it was not implicitly stated: Sampson has retrieved a knife and is heading towards Mirima, that means he has let go of Ayelle, correct?))
((Oops! Sorry my bad! I'll change that!))
((Just wondering whether any of the bandits are doing anything about Mirima's bag; it's hanging cross-body from the opposite shoulder as the mandore. Even though she's willingly surrendered I the instrument, she wouldn't voluntary remove anything else until asked. She won't be a jerk about it though. But it's perfectly acceptable to me if it falls through the cracks. Lol))
Narzha (played by Eve-of-fall)

((Is it possible to enter? I tried to message the creator but I think something failed to function maybe. I'm very new on RPR. In fact, this is my first post. Hopefully no judgment. What's going on and what would be a possible entry?))
Rook (played by Juls)

((10 cent overview: Bandits raid a village. A ranger (Rook) had a brother killed in that raid and seeks revenge. She and a telekinetic (Grey), whose motives are still unknown, attack the bandit camp. Three others get drawn into the fight: Knife-welding Jez, who was lost from her caravan; bard Mirima, who came to return the bandits' lost horses; illusionist Ayelle, who simply appeared. The assault ultimately fails and all are taken prisoner, with varying degrees of injuries. Separately, Mystic, was captured by the bandit leader, Marcelle. Silveris is second (or third?) in command of the bandits.

Now the bandits have loaded their prisoners on horses and are taking them to a lady named Jadis in hopes of selling them. She has a reputation of being a witch.

So, perhaps Narzha knows one of the above characters? Maybe she IS one of the bandits (many of them are still nameless/faceless). Or a lone traveler for some reason? Or maybe she's connected to this witch somehow?

Hopefully that helps! :)

IC post later once I get some real-life work done... ))
Grey 906 (played anonymously)

((Welcome aboard Narzha! Juls pretty much explained everything. Hop on in whenever you feel like it!))
Rook (played by Juls)

Iavre Genren wrote:
(Can I join?)

((I believe it's open for anyone to join. I did a recap for another potential player on page 12... so read at least from there to get an idea what's going on!))
((I'm not sure what backpack you were referring to, Iavre, but if it was Mirima's bag, you wouldn't actually have been able to take it. It's a cross body bag that she's kept hidden from view, and with her wrists tied together there would be no way to take it from her person without cutting the strap.

v No problem! Just thought you ought to know. It's hard getting caught up on everything that's happened before. Unless any guards come into the tent, I think everyone inside is bound.))

((((I'm going to widraw, If som1 wants make a story out of killing me, last time i checked som1 grabbed me?, sorry, i have some RL time consumers so i wont be capable of posting for quite a while))
Jadis (played by Juls)

((Yep... Eve-of-fall and I have been messaging. Mwauhahaha!))
Jazz van park (played by Kaizasuno)

(((Nice story as of right now, so I'll join in soon)))

((Edited out the long explanation, sense I don't need it anymore))
Vessa (played by Eve-of-fall)

((So it's godmodding with a 20 minute effect timer. That makes it no better. Please make another character or lower his opness. It's also godmodding because of the way you are describing the interaction. That is not co-writing story, it's simply deciding the outcome of your actions. It's quite rude and entirely unethical from a roleplay standpoint.))

((Ok, so I tweaked him a little. First with his cockiness, that's just a trait of his personality. Second with the enchantments (which I have reduced to 2), for the strength, he can just lift things that are about 120 lbs with his low muscle mass, that is if he isn't damage to badly, as he uses his barrier powers a good amount of times causing great damage to him , from cuts the size of a finger nail, to the length of his forearm, so at the end of battles he needs time to heal. Now with the speed, I think I'll take that out.
So for his plated longcoat, that just gives minor protection, it's a coat that is covered in metal.
Now for his sword which dispels magic, it only works on magic that hits the blade, meaning if you surround him, or get a surprise shot in, he won't be able to dispels it in time, as he won't have the reflexes of a annoying bug.
Now for his power, just like most barriers for magic, his can be broken, prompting him to need to make another one, which takes longer, as breaking his barrier does affect him in a way, and because every time he uses his power it hurts him, so he can't go over board.
Now for the interaction, I did that as for the 3 or 4 hours of the role play that I had to read, it showed them doing their own thing and then reacting to what was said before, but if my interactions do come off as a bit weird, than I'm sorry, I'd be greatly open to pointers on to how to make them better.
If you have anything else you would like me to tweak then say away :3))
((Welcome, Jazz. I think the biggest issue with your original post is that it was loaded with too many actions, which no one was able to respond to (and, thus, the feeling of being godmodded). There's a lot going on in the game right now, and I think it would be difficult for someone to immediately pinpoint who was "in charge." Also, it had been previously stated (but I'm sure easy to miss) that the fire and sand mixing together had begun to form a wall of glass. Anyway, I'd just suggest taking things a little more slowly so that others respond to your character's actions. Thanks!))

((Oh, I'll try to keep the amount of actions lower, so that it's easier to react to. Also I edited the thing a little so that my character isn't doing to much.
Thx for explaining 😄))

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Desert Magic (open)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus