Skip to main content

Forums » Art & Creativity » Share your Poetry

Abigail_Austin wrote:
Selkieborn wrote:
Abigail_Austin wrote:
Meet Me There
by: me

Do you want to take a break
From the chaos, from the heartache
From the seconds ticking by
From the constant urge to cry

Do you want to step outside
Find a quiet place to hide
Where time stands still, and thoughts dissolve
And there is nothing left to solve

Come, and rest inside my arms
There's no hustle, no alarms
Nothing that you have to do
Except to let me care for you

Let's escape the universe
A place where time and space reverse
Through a loophole, through a door
That no one's ever found before

If I could, I'd take you there
I'd gently brush away your care
I'd wrap you in a sweet embrace
I'd rub your hair, and touch your face

I'd let you take the time you need
To rage, to cry, and just to breathe
To rest your head upon my shoulder
Until we're both two hours older

They won't see us disappear
No one would even know we're here
Everything would stay the same
There'd be no heartache, be no blame

Just peace and quiet solitude
You with me, and me with you
Moments, stolen from the wheel
To transfer all the love I feel

Skin to skin, and heart to heart
Two bodies that don't have to part
Not for a while, not 'til you smile
And realize why it's all worthwhile

I know we can't. I know. It's fine.
That place is just inside my mind
But if that place exists somewhere
I wish that you could meet me there.


This is so incredibly beautiful. Both in subject matter and in the way you articulated it.

Thank you SO much, it means quite a bit to me that you read and commented on it. I thought so too. It came to me today and I had to drop everything to write it down. lol One of those moments, you know? And it came out really well; I'm really proud of it. If I had written it here and no one had read it or commented on it, I would have been dissapointed. The person who usually reads my poems on here is on a break (Emo), so I was like awww man, I'll bet no one's going to read it. And yet, someone did, and you really get it! So, thank you so so much!


Wow this is amazing!

Remove this ad

Cookiesareyummie wrote:
Abigail_Austin wrote:
Selkieborn wrote:
Abigail_Austin wrote:
Meet Me There
by: me

Do you want to take a break
From the chaos, from the heartache
From the seconds ticking by
From the constant urge to cry

Do you want to step outside
Find a quiet place to hide
Where time stands still, and thoughts dissolve
And there is nothing left to solve

Come, and rest inside my arms
There's no hustle, no alarms
Nothing that you have to do
Except to let me care for you

Let's escape the universe
A place where time and space reverse
Through a loophole, through a door
That no one's ever found before

If I could, I'd take you there
I'd gently brush away your care
I'd wrap you in a sweet embrace
I'd rub your hair, and touch your face

I'd let you take the time you need
To rage, to cry, and just to breathe
To rest your head upon my shoulder
Until we're both two hours older

They won't see us disappear
No one would even know we're here
Everything would stay the same
There'd be no heartache, be no blame

Just peace and quiet solitude
You with me, and me with you
Moments, stolen from the wheel
To transfer all the love I feel

Skin to skin, and heart to heart
Two bodies that don't have to part
Not for a while, not 'til you smile
And realize why it's all worthwhile

I know we can't. I know. It's fine.
That place is just inside my mind
But if that place exists somewhere
I wish that you could meet me there.


This is so incredibly beautiful. Both in subject matter and in the way you articulated it.

Thank you SO much, it means quite a bit to me that you read and commented on it. I thought so too. It came to me today and I had to drop everything to write it down. lol One of those moments, you know? And it came out really well; I'm really proud of it. If I had written it here and no one had read it or commented on it, I would have been dissapointed. The person who usually reads my poems on here is on a break (Emo), so I was like awww man, I'll bet no one's going to read it. And yet, someone did, and you really get it! So, thank you so so much!


Wow this is amazing!

Thank you so much!!!
That1Gurly

God, do you love me?
God, do you love me? Even after I’ve sinned?
Even after I drank when mama said not to?
Even after I loved a woman?
Even after I snuck out to party?
Even after I got high?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Mama taught me that you love us no matter what
Mama taught me that you forgive and forget
Mama said you’ll guide me down the right path
I didn’t listen to mama
I didn’t come to you
I’m a failure
God, do you still love me?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hello! I wrote this poem a few years back. This was a prayer that i’ve said to many times. The reason why was because I was raised learning that I should be ashamed of my sins. I’m Bisexual, and I don’t know if I want to be male or female. Because of this, I would have emotional breakdowns, I never told my mother that I mostly loved girls. I didn’t know what I was or how to feel, so I stopped going to church and I blocked my friends out of my life.
I felt like nothing, and when word got out in my school that i’m Bisexual and I technically have no gender, I was bullied.
But I still continued to fight, I graduated, and now I’m going away for college in two years. {English isn’t my first language so i’ll struggle, a lot, but i’ll manage!}
(Don’t say i’m lying because my username is girly, this account was given to me by someone I know. I wish I could change it but I can’t so deal with it.)
That1Gurly wrote:
God, do you love me?
God, do you love me? Even after I’ve sinned?
Even after I drank when mama said not to?
Even after I loved a woman?
Even after I snuck out to party?
Even after I got high?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Mama taught me that you love us no matter what
Mama taught me that you forgive and forget
Mama said you’ll guide me down the right path
I didn’t listen to mama
I didn’t come to you
I’m a failure
God, do you still love me?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hello! I wrote this poem a few years back. This was a prayer that i’ve said to many times. The reason why was because I was raised learning that I should be ashamed of my sins. I’m Bisexual, and I don’t know if I want to be male or female. Because of this, I would have emotional breakdowns, I never told my mother that I mostly loved girls. I didn’t know what I was or how to feel, so I stopped going to church and I blocked my friends out of my life.
I felt like nothing, and when word got out in my school that i’m Bisexual and I technically have no gender, I was bullied.
But I still continued to fight, I graduated, and now I’m going away for college in two years. {English isn’t my first language so i’ll struggle, a lot, but i’ll manage!}
(Don’t say i’m lying because my username is girly, this account was given to me by someone I know. I wish I could change it but I can’t so deal with it.)


I'm bisexual too so I can understand. I'm a former christian (Currently I practice Hinduism.) It's a beautiful poem. Sad but beautiful.

You don't need to justify your username, my username is quite dark and brooding but I'm super friendly. It's just a username. :)
That1Gurly

damnationfromafar wrote:
That1Gurly wrote:
God, do you love me?
God, do you love me? Even after I’ve sinned?
Even after I drank when mama said not to?
Even after I loved a woman?
Even after I snuck out to party?
Even after I got high?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Mama taught me that you love us no matter what
Mama taught me that you forgive and forget
Mama said you’ll guide me down the right path
I didn’t listen to mama
I didn’t come to you
I’m a failure
God, do you still love me?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hello! I wrote this poem a few years back. This was a prayer that i’ve said to many times. The reason why was because I was raised learning that I should be ashamed of my sins. I’m Bisexual, and I don’t know if I want to be male or female. Because of this, I would have emotional breakdowns, I never told my mother that I mostly loved girls. I didn’t know what I was or how to feel, so I stopped going to church and I blocked my friends out of my life.
I felt like nothing, and when word got out in my school that i’m Bisexual and I technically have no gender, I was bullied.
But I still continued to fight, I graduated, and now I’m going away for college in two years. {English isn’t my first language so i’ll struggle, a lot, but i’ll manage!}
(Don’t say i’m lying because my username is girly, this account was given to me by someone I know. I wish I could change it but I can’t so deal with it.)


I'm bisexual too so I can understand. I'm a former christian (Currently I practice Hinduism.) It's a beautiful poem. Sad but beautiful.

You don't need to justify your username, my username is quite dark and brooding but I'm super friendly. It's just a username. :)

Thank you for enjoying my poem! I have a notebook full of sad, emotional, or comical poems! If you like this one then I might share some more! (I won’t share all though, some are really bad lol)
That1Gurly wrote:
God, do you love me?
God, do you love me? Even after I’ve sinned?
Even after I drank when mama said not to?
Even after I loved a woman?
Even after I snuck out to party?
Even after I got high?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Mama taught me that you love us no matter what
Mama taught me that you forgive and forget
Mama said you’ll guide me down the right path
I didn’t listen to mama
I didn’t come to you
I’m a failure
God, do you still love me?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hello! I wrote this poem a few years back. This was a prayer that i’ve said to many times. The reason why was because I was raised learning that I should be ashamed of my sins. I’m Bisexual, and I don’t know if I want to be male or female. Because of this, I would have emotional breakdowns, I never told my mother that I mostly loved girls. I didn’t know what I was or how to feel, so I stopped going to church and I blocked my friends out of my life.
I felt like nothing, and when word got out in my school that i’m Bisexual and I technically have no gender, I was bullied.
But I still continued to fight, I graduated, and now I’m going away for college in two years. {English isn’t my first language so i’ll struggle, a lot, but i’ll manage!}
(Don’t say i’m lying because my username is girly, this account was given to me by someone I know. I wish I could change it but I can’t so deal with it.)

Please note: This is just my opinion...I don't say any of this to contradict anyone else's beliefs or feelings, they are only my own beliefs. I love you all and value everyone's opinions, beliefs and freedom to believe what you choose. These are my beliefs and my reaction to the poem. Thanks!


(((Hugs)))

Hey there! I like your poem as well. It makes me feel. A lot.

Listen, I am gay, and married to a girl (my lovely wife Sandra), and I am a Christian. I believe in God, I believe in Jesus and I go a gay accepting church. God made us, he knows us, and he doesn't make mistakes, and that's what many people don't understand. You're perfect. I think God makes people that are different just so that people have to learn to love one another, and exercise their power to love, like exercising a muscle. He makes people use it. Maybe that's why he makes different races, and different heights, and some personality types, and some people that are strong and some people that are weak physically but strong intellectually...you know what I mean? And I think he makes some people that are attracted to the same sex, some the opposite sex, and people all over the gender spectrum from M to F. It's part of natural variation. We are not mistakes, we are meant to be here. It is not our "fault" or our choice, sexual attraction is in our biology, it's one of the most basic parts of us, how people think it could be a choice, or a sin is truly beyond me, because we're either to someone or we're not, we don't choose it like we choose a pair of shoes, ya know? You feel it or you don't. How is that choice? But I'm rambling.

I know there are scriptures that say certain things but I believe (along with a lot of other people, including some scholars) that those scriptures apply to straight people and address ritualistic sexual practices done by pagan tribes at the time, NOT monogamous, committed homosexual relationships. Things such a temple prostitutes and such things as that. Anyway...the point that is undeniable for someone that believes in God made us and God doesn't make mistakes. You are a beautiful individual, made in the image of God, and He loves you, and his love is unconditional. He is the God who brings in the people that society rejects, and makes them the leaders in His kingdom. The brings the low high and the high low.

There is a story, the story of the eunach in the New Testament..that God made sure to reach out through to let him know he was part of the community, they talk about it at church, I can't remember exactly. But there is ample evidence in the Bible that God includes and loves everyone, especially those who are not loved by anyone else, not loved by this world. You are not alone.

This is a song they played at church a few Sundays ago, and it's about God's unconditional love. It's called No Matter What. Here's the link to the song, if you'd like to listen (no obligation), and the lyrics below. My dear, you are loved! By God and by us. No matter what. <3

No Matter What by Ryan Stevenson

PS. I go to MCC... metropolitan community church (a national denomination of churches in the United States). They were founded by a gay man and they accept everyone. <3


Lyrics


"No Matter What"

By Ryan Stevenson

"A lot of us grew up believing
At any moment we could lose it all
And at the drop of a hat
God might turn His back and move on
A lot of us feel like we blew it
Thinking that we're just too far gone
But I want you to know
There's still a hope for you now
No matter what you've done
You can't erase His love
Nothing can change it
You're not separated
No matter what
There's never been a better time to get honest
There's never been a better time to get clean
So come as you are
Run to the cross and be free
Oh, be free
No matter what you've done
You can't erase His love
Nothing can change it
You're not separated
No matter where you run
He's always holding on
You're still a daughter, you're still a son
No matter what
I don't know what you've been taught
Don't know what you've been told
All I know is my God
Will never let go of you, no
And I don't know what you've seen
Don't know what you've been through
All I know is my God
Will never let go of you
He'll never let go!
He'll never, never, never let you go
No matter what you've done
You can't erase His love
Nothing can change it
You're not separated
No matter where you run
He's always holding on
You're still a daughter, you're still a son
No matter what
You're still a daughter, you're still a son!
No matter what."



Also, I would love to see more if your poems!
That1Gurly

Abigail_Austin wrote:
That1Gurly wrote:
God, do you love me?
God, do you love me? Even after I’ve sinned?
Even after I drank when mama said not to?
Even after I loved a woman?
Even after I snuck out to party?
Even after I got high?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Mama taught me that you love us no matter what
Mama taught me that you forgive and forget
Mama said you’ll guide me down the right path
I didn’t listen to mama
I didn’t come to you
I’m a failure
God, do you still love me?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hello! I wrote this poem a few years back. This was a prayer that i’ve said to many times. The reason why was because I was raised learning that I should be ashamed of my sins. I’m Bisexual, and I don’t know if I want to be male or female. Because of this, I would have emotional breakdowns, I never told my mother that I mostly loved girls. I didn’t know what I was or how to feel, so I stopped going to church and I blocked my friends out of my life.
I felt like nothing, and when word got out in my school that i’m Bisexual and I technically have no gender, I was bullied.
But I still continued to fight, I graduated, and now I’m going away for college in two years. {English isn’t my first language so i’ll struggle, a lot, but i’ll manage!}
(Don’t say i’m lying because my username is girly, this account was given to me by someone I know. I wish I could change it but I can’t so deal with it.)

Please note: This is just my opinion...I don't say any of this to contradict anyone else's beliefs or feelings, they are only my own beliefs. I love you all and value everyone's opinions, beliefs and freedom to believe what you choose. These are my beliefs and my reaction to the poem. Thanks!


(((Hugs)))

Hey there! I like your poem as well. It makes me feel. A lot.

Listen, I am gay, and married to a girl (my lovely wife Sandra), and I am a Christian. I believe in God, I believe in Jesus and I go a gay accepting church. God made us, he knows us, and he doesn't make mistakes, and that's what many people don't understand. You're perfect. I think God makes people that are different just so that people have to learn to love one another, and exercise their power to love, like exercising a muscle. He makes people use it. Maybe that's why he makes different races, and different heights, and some personality types, and some people that are strong and some people that are weak physically but strong intellectually...you know what I mean? And I think he makes some people that are attracted to the same sex, some the opposite sex, and people all over the gender spectrum from M to F. It's part of natural variation. We are not mistakes, we are meant to be here. It is not our "fault" or our choice, sexual attraction is in our biology, it's one of the most basic parts of us, how people think it could be a choice, or a sin is truly beyond me, because we're either to someone or we're not, we don't choose it like we choose a pair of shoes, ya know? You feel it or you don't. How is that choice? But I'm rambling.

I know there are scriptures that say certain things but I believe (along with a lot of other people, including some scholars) that those scriptures apply to straight people and address ritualistic sexual practices done by pagan tribes at the time, NOT monogamous, committed homosexual relationships. Things such a temple prostitutes and such things as that. Anyway...the point that is undeniable for someone that believes in God made us and God doesn't make mistakes. You are a beautiful individual, made in the image of God, and He loves you, and his love is unconditional. He is the God who brings in the people that society rejects, and makes them the leaders in His kingdom. The brings the low high and the high low.

There is a story, the story of the eunach in the New Testament..that God made sure to reach out through to let him know he was part of the community, they talk about it at church, I can't remember exactly. But there is ample evidence in the Bible that God includes and loves everyone, especially those who are not loved by anyone else, not loved by this world. You are not alone.

This is a song they played at church a few Sundays ago, and it's about God's unconditional love. It's called No Matter What. Here's the link to the song, if you'd like to listen (no obligation), and the lyrics below. My dear, you are loved! By God and by us. No matter what. <3

No Matter What by Ryan Stevenson

PS. I go to MCC... metropolitan community church (a national denomination of churches in the United States). They were founded by a gay man and they accept everyone. <3


Lyrics


"No Matter What"

By Ryan Stevenson

"A lot of us grew up believing
At any moment we could lose it all
And at the drop of a hat
God might turn His back and move on
A lot of us feel like we blew it
Thinking that we're just too far gone
But I want you to know
There's still a hope for you now
No matter what you've done
You can't erase His love
Nothing can change it
You're not separated
No matter what
There's never been a better time to get honest
There's never been a better time to get clean
So come as you are
Run to the cross and be free
Oh, be free
No matter what you've done
You can't erase His love
Nothing can change it
You're not separated
No matter where you run
He's always holding on
You're still a daughter, you're still a son
No matter what
I don't know what you've been taught
Don't know what you've been told
All I know is my God
Will never let go of you, no
And I don't know what you've seen
Don't know what you've been through
All I know is my God
Will never let go of you
He'll never let go!
He'll never, never, never let you go
No matter what you've done
You can't erase His love
Nothing can change it
You're not separated
No matter where you run
He's always holding on
You're still a daughter, you're still a son
No matter what
You're still a daughter, you're still a son!
No matter what."



Also, I would love to see more if your poems!

Thank you so much, I’m glad to hear that others feel the same way as this little bean here. I cried a lot while reading this tbh.
That1Gurly wrote:
Abigail_Austin wrote:
That1Gurly wrote:
God, do you love me?
God, do you love me? Even after I’ve sinned?
Even after I drank when mama said not to?
Even after I loved a woman?
Even after I snuck out to party?
Even after I got high?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Mama taught me that you love us no matter what
Mama taught me that you forgive and forget
Mama said you’ll guide me down the right path
I didn’t listen to mama
I didn’t come to you
I’m a failure
God, do you still love me?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hello! I wrote this poem a few years back. This was a prayer that i’ve said to many times. The reason why was because I was raised learning that I should be ashamed of my sins. I’m Bisexual, and I don’t know if I want to be male or female. Because of this, I would have emotional breakdowns, I never told my mother that I mostly loved girls. I didn’t know what I was or how to feel, so I stopped going to church and I blocked my friends out of my life.
I felt like nothing, and when word got out in my school that i’m Bisexual and I technically have no gender, I was bullied.
But I still continued to fight, I graduated, and now I’m going away for college in two years. {English isn’t my first language so i’ll struggle, a lot, but i’ll manage!}
(Don’t say i’m lying because my username is girly, this account was given to me by someone I know. I wish I could change it but I can’t so deal with it.)

Please note: This is just my opinion...I don't say any of this to contradict anyone else's beliefs or feelings, they are only my own beliefs. I love you all and value everyone's opinions, beliefs and freedom to believe what you choose. These are my beliefs and my reaction to the poem. Thanks!


(((Hugs)))

Hey there! I like your poem as well. It makes me feel. A lot.

Listen, I am gay, and married to a girl (my lovely wife Sandra), and I am a Christian. I believe in God, I believe in Jesus and I go a gay accepting church. God made us, he knows us, and he doesn't make mistakes, and that's what many people don't understand. You're perfect. I think God makes people that are different just so that people have to learn to love one another, and exercise their power to love, like exercising a muscle. He makes people use it. Maybe that's why he makes different races, and different heights, and some personality types, and some people that are strong and some people that are weak physically but strong intellectually...you know what I mean? And I think he makes some people that are attracted to the same sex, some the opposite sex, and people all over the gender spectrum from M to F. It's part of natural variation. We are not mistakes, we are meant to be here. It is not our "fault" or our choice, sexual attraction is in our biology, it's one of the most basic parts of us, how people think it could be a choice, or a sin is truly beyond me, because we're either to someone or we're not, we don't choose it like we choose a pair of shoes, ya know? You feel it or you don't. How is that choice? But I'm rambling.

I know there are scriptures that say certain things but I believe (along with a lot of other people, including some scholars) that those scriptures apply to straight people and address ritualistic sexual practices done by pagan tribes at the time, NOT monogamous, committed homosexual relationships. Things such a temple prostitutes and such things as that. Anyway...the point that is undeniable for someone that believes in God made us and God doesn't make mistakes. You are a beautiful individual, made in the image of God, and He loves you, and his love is unconditional. He is the God who brings in the people that society rejects, and makes them the leaders in His kingdom. The brings the low high and the high low.

There is a story, the story of the eunach in the New Testament..that God made sure to reach out through to let him know he was part of the community, they talk about it at church, I can't remember exactly. But there is ample evidence in the Bible that God includes and loves everyone, especially those who are not loved by anyone else, not loved by this world. You are not alone.

This is a song they played at church a few Sundays ago, and it's about God's unconditional love. It's called No Matter What. Here's the link to the song, if you'd like to listen (no obligation), and the lyrics below. My dear, you are loved! By God and by us. No matter what. <3

No Matter What by Ryan Stevenson

PS. I go to MCC... metropolitan community church (a national denomination of churches in the United States). They were founded by a gay man and they accept everyone. <3


Lyrics


"No Matter What"

By Ryan Stevenson

"A lot of us grew up believing
At any moment we could lose it all
And at the drop of a hat
God might turn His back and move on
A lot of us feel like we blew it
Thinking that we're just too far gone
But I want you to know
There's still a hope for you now
No matter what you've done
You can't erase His love
Nothing can change it
You're not separated
No matter what
There's never been a better time to get honest
There's never been a better time to get clean
So come as you are
Run to the cross and be free
Oh, be free
No matter what you've done
You can't erase His love
Nothing can change it
You're not separated
No matter where you run
He's always holding on
You're still a daughter, you're still a son
No matter what
I don't know what you've been taught
Don't know what you've been told
All I know is my God
Will never let go of you, no
And I don't know what you've seen
Don't know what you've been through
All I know is my God
Will never let go of you
He'll never let go!
He'll never, never, never let you go
No matter what you've done
You can't erase His love
Nothing can change it
You're not separated
No matter where you run
He's always holding on
You're still a daughter, you're still a son
No matter what
You're still a daughter, you're still a son!
No matter what."



Also, I would love to see more if your poems!

Thank you so much, I’m glad to hear that others feel the same way as this little bean here. I cried a lot while reading this tbh.

Awwww. That makes me so happy. You're not alone, that's for sure.

There's a whole community of people who believe this and scholarly work about it...it's a thing. There are more gay religious people than one would think, when I went to MCC for the first time, I was suprised how many people there were. Just because society misunderstands Christianity doesn't mean we're going to let them take it away from us. My God loves me.

This is the guy who started that MCC thing:

story of Troy Perry

If you ever want to chat, feel free to send me a PM! I'm not normally this preachy, I promise! lol
I'm a little uncomfortable with religion being spoken about in detail in this thread. So please refrain from that in future.

I would also prefer if anyone wants to say anything in serious length or serious personal depth about someones poem please PM that person. :)
Poem I wrote about my ex.


Black Tea


In my mouth you're bitter
wet my lips and make
me ponder over if
I should've added sugar

Yet no matter the gallons
the pints, the cups, of
added sweetness I deliver
your darkened volume
never evolves, it stays
torrid like malt liquor.

Like black tea you
make my innervoice
speculate that I made
the wrong choice.
damnationfromafar wrote:
I'm a little uncomfortable with religion being spoken about in detail in this thread. So please refrain from that in future.

I would also prefer if anyone wants to say anything in serious length or serious personal depth about someones poem please PM that person. :)

Ok, no problem. Sorry damnation.
damnationfromafar wrote:
Poem I wrote about my ex.


Black Tea


In my mouth you're bitter
wet my lips and make
me ponder over if
I should've added sugar

Yet no matter the gallons
the pints, the cups, of
added sweetness I deliver
your darkened volume
never evolves, it stays
torrid like malt liquor.

Like black tea you
make my innervoice
speculate that I made
the wrong choice.

Poem is so awesome and so...sensory. You're so talented.
damnationfromafar wrote:
Poem I wrote about my ex.


Black Tea


In my mouth you're bitter
wet my lips and make
me ponder over if
I should've added sugar

Yet no matter the gallons
the pints, the cups, of
added sweetness I deliver
your darkened volume
never evolves, it stays
torrid like malt liquor.

Like black tea you
make my innervoice
speculate that I made
the wrong choice.

This poem is so awesome and so...sensory and so vivid. I like it a lot.
Abigail_Austin wrote:
damnationfromafar wrote:
I'm a little uncomfortable with religion being spoken about in detail in this thread. So please refrain from that in future.

I would also prefer if anyone wants to say anything in serious length or serious personal depth about someones poem please PM that person. :)

Ok, no problem. Sorry damnation.

It's okay. I'm glad you two connected. ❤
That1Gurly

Ok, I’m sorry, damnation
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Anyways, here’s another poem, this one is for comedy.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Dear mommy and daddy
dear mommy and daddy
If Santa came down the chimney, he would be on fire.
If there was gold at the end of EVERY rainbow, everyone would be rich.
If the Easter bunny hides the eggs, where is the Easter bird?
If the tooth fairy collects fresh teeth, then her home would reek of fresh mold, stinky breath, and saliva.
Why does the thanksgiving turkey dress up as a pilgrim if they are the ones that started eating his kind?
Why do you say not to take candy from strangers, but then have us go door to door on halloween?
Dear mommy and daddy, please explain

Love,
Your daughter
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I wrote this poem for a school project. I love this one! :D
Abigail_Austin wrote:
damnationfromafar wrote:
Poem I wrote about my ex.


Black Tea


In my mouth you're bitter
wet my lips and make
me ponder over if
I should've added sugar

Yet no matter the gallons
the pints, the cups, of
added sweetness I deliver
your darkened volume
never evolves, it stays
torrid like malt liquor.

Like black tea you
make my innervoice
speculate that I made
the wrong choice.

Poem is so awesome and so...sensory. You're so talented.


Thank you <3
Poem About a Local Actress:

She's so pretty,
It hurts to look at her.
Fills me with want
It hurts to look at her.

And the way she moves her hands
Elegant, without demands.
Something that she's got to give
Makes me want to be, to live
Art in her sparks art in me
Freedom in her spirit makes me free.

~

Faces frowning
They're all fed up with this
Spirits drowning
They're all fed up with this

She's the only one that smiles
She's the only one that tries
All her faith, it gives me faith
Prods me not to play it safe
Fire in her sparks fire in me
Vision in her spirit makes me see

~

When she asks, they play her song
When she sings, they sing along
When she lights one up, they smoke
When she laughs, they get the joke

When she cries, they grieve with her
When she dreams, they believe with her
When she's silent, they go mute
When she's angry, they all shoot

She's got them
She's got me too
You've gotta love her.
Because she...loves you.

And if she doesn't know my name,
It's just as well, it's all the same
If my voice is lost in the applause

I'm happy to be one of many
Lauding her out loud
For all that sound is not without a cause.
Abigail_Austin wrote:
Poem About a Local Actress:

She's so pretty,
It hurts to look at her.
Fills me with want
It hurts to look at her.

And the way she moves her hands
Elegant, without demands.
Something that she's got to give
Makes me want to be, to live
Art in her sparks art in me
Freedom in her spirit makes me free.

~

Faces frowning
They're all fed up with this
Spirits drowning
They're all fed up with this

She's the only one that smiles
She's the only one that tries
All her faith, it gives me faith
Prods me not to play it safe
Fire in her sparks fire in me
Vision in her spirit makes me see

~

When she asks, they play her song
When she sings, they sing along
When she lights one up, they smoke
When she laughs, they get the joke

When she cries, they grieve with her
When she dreams, they believe with her
When she's silent, they go mute
When she's angry, they all shoot

She's got them
She's got me too
You've gotta love her.
Because she...loves you.

And if she doesn't know my name,
It's just as well, it's all the same
If my voice is lost in the applause

I'm happy to be one of many
Lauding her out loud
For all that sound is not without a cause.

I love this poem !
Oof...I just realized all my poetry is somewhat depressing. Oh well. I call this one "A Tortured Mind" :

I guess it doesn't matter much
I guess that you don't care
I guess that everything I've done
Was lost in my despair.

There have been times when I have doubted
And maybe times I've wept
But there are times, deep inside,
That I ache from the secrets I have kept.

And they have kept me up at night
And kept me locked in fear
But if I only opened up
I'd find you waiting here.

Here in the darkness of my life
In the shadows of my soul
Maybe I'm not meant to weep
But claim you as my own.

My own darkness, my own light
My own hopes and dreams to find
But if I know just one thing of life
It's that you are of my mind.

A figment of imagination
A pretty little nightmare
Hidden deep within my mind's desperation
But found in the horror written there.
Cookiesareyummie wrote:
Abigail_Austin wrote:
Poem About a Local Actress:

She's so pretty,
It hurts to look at her....

I love this poem !

Awwww! Thank you!

You are on: Forums » Art & Creativity » Share your Poetry

Moderators: MadRatBird, Keke, Libertine, Cass, Auberon, Copper_Dragon, Sanne, Dragonfire, Heimdall, Ben, Darth_Angelus