Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » Talking about Characters

Galaxy-Star Topic Starter

I'm glad you got inspired
I love when people update their character info.

Most of my characters history and personality and what not are affected by the RPs they are in. They are in exclusive romances' for example. So, I'll update their Relationship Status with "In an exclusive relationship with *character name.*"

I also really prefer to rp with people who have more than just a sentence or two of info on their character pages/page. If I already know the person and know our styles match and that they write a lot more than the character profile would make me assume, then it doesn't bother me so much but I am wary about rping with people who have very little on their character pages. I know a lot of people are great writers but don't really do character pages - but I just feel safer when people have more rather than less.
Honestly, I update my characters for myself. If other people read or like it, that's a plus, but my character pages are mostly for me. I like to make them pretty cause I like to look at them and read them. They help me keep track of all the info I might otherwise forget between rps or just cause I'm forgetful.

I love looking at and reading other people's character pages too. Whenever someone offers to rp or if I like an idea on the LFRP forum, I always look at the character page first, and then the player's profile to get an idea of who I'd be playing with in both cases. Character pages aren't deal breakers for me. I've rped with people who don't have them at all. It's no indication of skill or creativity. They're just nice sometimes.

If you're looking to impress folks with your character pages I definitely recommend learning how best to get BBCode to work for you. Pretty profiles aren't a guarantee that you'll attract stories, but it can't hurt!
Galaxy-Star Topic Starter

thank you both for you insight I felt that updating my characters was relaxing for me

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » Talking about Characters

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus