Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » Island Hopping Fantasy RP (closed)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

Juls Topic Starter

Voldarian_Empire wrote:
This looks like something I would be interested in (in fact it reminds me a lot of my last 4th edition game)

Is this still running and taking participants?

Would love to have ya! Still accepting, but it hasn't quite gotten off the ground since no one has replied to the IC thread yet. Feel free to be the first (assuming with Avri?)

https://www.rprepository.com/community/forumthread.php?t=66029
Could I join the rp as Nakon?
Juls Topic Starter

Nakon Tarkoth wrote:
Could I join the rp as Nakon?

Sorry, no were creatures. Do you have one (or willing to make one) that fits the requirements?
Hopefully.
Does he work?
Juls wrote:
Voldarian_Empire wrote:
This looks like something I would be interested in (in fact it reminds me a lot of my last 4th edition game)

Is this still running and taking participants?

Would love to have ya! Still accepting, but it hasn't quite gotten off the ground since no one has replied to the IC thread yet. Feel free to be the first (assuming with Avri?)

https://www.rprepository.com/community/forumthread.php?t=66029

I would love to use Avri...but...well she is an 8 year old girl lol shes a capable fighter despite this and a 'magic' user but....shes still only 8, so I wasnt sure she would fit in here
Juls Topic Starter

StereotypeAgain, Henrik works!

Voldarian_Empire ... who do you have in mind? :) Avri's age would be challenging for sure. She'd almost have to be traveling with an adult (who could be an NPC under your control if you decide to go that route).
I doubt any of my other characters would work, Avri is the only one who falls within the guidelines of race here. I'm not sure if I would want to give Avri a parental figure or just make an elf, but I'm sure you could understand this one point. If I'm going to make a new character I wanted to be sure it would be accepted in this rp before spending the time doing it.
Juls Topic Starter

Yep, totally understand! I'm ok with either of those options! :)
My last 5th edition game I had an elf dragon-sorceress. She was a kind of snobby princess type from an elven noble family. Being 3rd or 4th in line for the throne she wasnt going to be too royal, so she set off into the world for setting related reasons in the dnd story, bringing her uncle with her as an advisor and to help protect her. I could write her up if you think she would fit? I might leave the uncle out in favor of a couple guards or something or I can just send her alone whatever you think is best (providing she is acceptable)
Juls Topic Starter

I haven't played much 5th edition (or much of anything beyond the OSR clones) and am not quite sure what a 'dragon-sorceress' is, but as long as that doesn't mean she can turn herself into a dragon or easily summon a dragon (a little too powerful for the vibe I was going for), then she should work! (I'm assuming it means more fire magic and dragon armor and such. Is that a fair assumption? If so, that's fine!)

edit: A guard or two with her is fine. Up to you! :)
There were originally 2 and I think they added a 3rd optional I think sub categories of sorceress. Basically it would give you noticable scales in small patches on the skin (not the entire body just like a trim) based on the dragon you selected. Abilities unlocked as you went along and the biggest thing I remember happening (like level 18 I think) was youd get wings and be able to fly with them. It was very cool at the time because the elves in the game I was playing had some events that explained the appearance of this quite well and it fell into the story so good. I'm willing to drop the whole dragon portion for this roleplay though, but I would still like to keep her a descendant of a noble family. It makes for some fun rp when a snobby princess discovers what's really happening outside the castle walls XD
Truth is my last game was this 5th edition game and that was about 4 years ago now so I'm a bit rusty on the details of it all too
Juls Topic Starter

Voldarian_Empire wrote:
...I'm willing to drop the whole dragon portion for this roleplay though, but I would still like to keep her a descendant of a noble family. It makes for some fun rp when a snobby princess discovers what's really happening outside the castle walls XD

That sounds great! :)
Give me some time to convince my body to abandon my pillows and write out the character and I'll return :)
Alavara Yllatris (played anonymously)

sorry that took so long. Here is my general creation. She still lacks some (or all) of her back story but I was thinking that could possibly be created in this rp. I also don't have a complete detailed idea of her magic just yet but she's still young for an elf so she will be learning her abilities almost as much as I will XD
So...... who's going to start out the IC forum?

I want to verify with Juls this character is acceptable before I personally proceed. If you're not sure I'd say ask Juls as she (I think) is the OP
Juls Topic Starter

Alavara Yllatris wrote:
sorry that took so long. Here is my general creation. She still lacks some (or all) of her back story but I was thinking that could possibly be created in this rp. I also don't have a complete detailed idea of her magic just yet but she's still young for an elf so she will be learning her abilities almost as much as I will XD

Looks good to me! Creating a backstory during the RP itself is something I do frequently myself, so no problem there!

Feel free to post in the IC.

Im ready to post really but I have a couple questions.

where specifically are you wanting to begin?

is there a posting order or is it more FFA?

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » Island Hopping Fantasy RP (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus