Skip to main content

Forums » RP Discussion » Fat Characters

Ben (played anonymously)

So is Ben, but he's male
Theo Thackeray (played by Tar)

Gk91DIC.png

Ooh, look at all these wonderful characters! It seems you're getting plenty of ladies to look at, so I have no qualms in sharing my boy Theo. I also have a heavyset woman, but as she’s a crocodile dragon I’m not sure she counts. I feel like larger characters are a much more common occurrence with reptiles.

This is an awesome thread! I feel much the same way about underrepresentation. It can even affect my suspension of disbelief when any given crowd consists of only lean and conventionally attractive people. That inclination towards idealistic form can make finding artists more difficult too, but that’s a whole 'nother topic. ;D

Theo is one of my main characters and very dear to me. I consider him a muse. While I tend to spend more time playing other characters, he has an extensive backstory both outlined and partially written - he’s a fat protagonist too! My roleplaying with him is essentially an exaggerated epilogue to his origin story, where he was once mortal and lived in a musical world. Now he is essentially an ascended spirit and energy being, a world hopping planeswalker and a story archiving trickster-bard. The physical forms he takes are a reconstruction of living memory that maintain his distinctions too, so despite being an adaptive shapeshifter (one who involuntarily changes shape to blend in - think Kingdom Hearts) he’ll always be short and fat. I wouldn't have him any other way. <3 It was how he appeared in my mind and one of the first things I knew about him.
Theo Thackeray wrote:

Ooh, look at all these wonderful characters! It seems you're getting plenty of ladies to look at, so I have no qualms in sharing my boy Theo.

I love him! So great to see him! <3 He's handsome as heck, and even besides that I've looked at his profile and he is a bombtastic character. Seriously, almost mind blowing! :D
gl-124759-1545203593.png

This is Sebastienne. The drawing isn't 100% spot on to what she looks like, it's more of a concept drawing, but she is the main character (well, one of two) in my book I am working on, 'East of The Sun;West of The Moon.' She's a half butterfly half firefly faerie, and is short, fat, and lovely - and her love interest Nafiya, adores her. <3
Ramsey Nerine (played by MercyInReach)

Ramsey here!!!

I've been feeling less down about my fat characters being rejected and just decided to make more regardless of if people like them. They are still being rejected for their bodies and people are still asking me to make them smaller but... Oh to heck with them.

Ramsey is a former supernatural bounty hunter, currently works at a grocery store. She's fairly introverted but is very blunt and not really shy despite her anxiety.
Bitsie Rosevale (played by MercyInReach)

Bitsie is another, but I don't have body art for her yet! She's an elf and has vitiligo. She's very anxious and kind hearted, is in college for she hasn't decided entirely quite yet.
Eloise Hemmings (played anonymously)

Eloise is a historical fat character! No art for her yet either.

She's been through a A LOT including being reborn several handfuls if times. She's very kind hearted, loves nature and painting, she's also very independent and opinionated.
Alex and Melie (played by Lucretire)

Meliere here is a chubby thing! She's a Lawful Good creation deity who's very whimsical yet hardworking. She adores humans and other mortals so much she'd rather do things the hard and non-magical way, and always tries to do what's right by the world and by her "children."

I always see goddesses portrayed as slender or hourglass beings... But I remember that way back in the day, goddesses were drawn and painted as fat; Paul Rubens is an example of someone who depicted goddesses as large women.

Now did I base Meliere on that notion? Well that, and she's around my size in real life. I also love contrasts as you can tell by her counterpart Alexander. However, he's a Chaotic Neutral desire deity, which makes her job ten times harder because he does what he wants, when he wants, and it irks her to no end.
Catherine Nolan (played by MercyInReach)

Not sure if I posted Cat before but alas I am thinking a lot lately about how few fat characters I see, my own list dwindling more and more as few people are interested in them.

So I figured I'd attempt to bump this again.
Essie (played anonymously)

Essie here is being reworked, but she won't be losing any weight.
Gab

Oh, hey, I can join in on this with one of my most favorite characters! :D

jCJWpqq.jpg

This lovely lady is Cameron and she's a plus sized aspiring photographer! If you couldn't tell by the colors in the background, she's a lesbian (though she hides this fact from pretty much everyone except her brother and friends) She's also pretty into fashion feel free to read some more about her here :3
Gab wrote:
Oh, hey, I can join in on this with one of my most favorite characters! :D

jCJWpqq.jpg

This lovely lady is Cameron and she's a plus sized aspiring photographer! If you couldn't tell by the colors in the background, she's a lesbian (though she hides this fact from pretty much everyone except her brother and friends) She's also pretty into fashion feel free to read some more about her here :3

What a lovely lady! Thanks for sharing 💕
Essie wrote:
Essie here is being reworked, but she won't be losing any weight.

Essie is delightful <3
Brandee Calvart (played by MercyInReach)

New fat babe here, Brandee! I love her and did an art for her, as seen on her page (and below) and I am waiting on more art of her from nineforalostgod I am excited about. I feel way less depressed about my fat characters lately, and about finding artists who will draw them without charging way more than they do for thin characters.

Art

gl-1428577-1567827532.png
nightmqre

Brandee Calvart wrote:
about finding artists who will draw them without charging way more than they do for thin characters.

Do people actually do that?? :(
StaticNightmares wrote:
Brandee Calvart wrote:
about finding artists who will draw them without charging way more than they do for thin characters.

Yes unfortunately. I didn't commission any of my fat charas for a long time because of either only finding artists who wanted to charge more to draw them than if they were smaller or only finding artists who drew them much smaller than described or referenced. (Along with some people making bigger characters look sloppy or dirty or wear only clothing that hides them)
nightmqre

Mercyinreach wrote:
StaticNightmares wrote:
Brandee Calvart wrote:

Yes unfortunately. I didn't commission any of my fat charas for a long time because of either only finding artists who wanted to charge more to draw them than if they were smaller or only finding artists who drew them much smaller than described or referenced. (Along with some people making bigger characters look sloppy or dirty or wear only clothing that hides them)

That's so unfair!
Brandee Calvart wrote:
Art

gl-1428577-1567827532.png

I love her! She has an absolutely amazing fashion sense. I couldn't pull off any of the pieces that she's wearing. (and yes, I'm aware this is a character and the clothes aren't real) but I think it shows off her beautiful body.
StaticNightmares wrote:
Mercyinreach wrote:
StaticNightmares wrote:
Brandee Calvart wrote:

That's so unfair!

If you don’t mind me saying, that is really unfair! If it helps, I haven’t really started taking money for my commissions yet. I’d be happy to draw your characters when I can for free! Right now I have 2 that I’m working on and I think I can take 3 more for now since school started.

I’m also working on making a character that’s going to be on the heavier side but I’m still coming up with a concept for them :)
I've got a blob of derpiness and rage, if that counts.

You are on: Forums » RP Discussion » Fat Characters

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus