Skip to main content

Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » 'Post As'...

Okay, I need to be explained this. The 'post as' option above the thread reponse. In any RP thread, it has ALWAYS been my character Zalia that is the first. Why did it suddenly put Helerai, my newest character, at the top? My characters are listed in the order that I made them, so why is Helerai suddenly at the top?

I wouldn't normally bring this up, but it's already caused a mis-post.. -.-

Is there any way to fix it and get her to the bottom of the list where she belongs?
Yuka

Alphabetical, maybe?
CelestinaGrey Topic Starter

Can't be. In that case my character Ana would be first.
Mine are in the order I made them >>

f0x1nth3b0x wrote:
Mine are in the order I made them >>

That's how mine are, until Helerai today...

Even the one I just made isn't at the top. He's...somewhere in the middle. XD
Dog

Huh. Mine are listed in the order I made 'em. How odd.
Kim Site Admin

There's no real explanation for this. The code requests that the database report all of your characters, and up to this point has given no instructions as to what order it wants them in.. The database makes esoteric and arcane decisions about what order it reports them, but regardless of how it chooses, it seems to keep them in the same order forever, except in the case of adding something new as you've already seen. *Usually* it seems to put them in the order of creation, but every once in awhile it has other random ideas.

I can give it instructions to always list them in alphabetical order... I suspect that will be very handy for you crazy peeps with 20+ characters.

It's very disorienting. xD To have it suddenly change.

Alphabetical would be nice. x3
Kim Site Admin

In the future, I also plan to make it show the icon of the character you have selected, so it may be a little harder to accidentally use the wrong one.
That sounds awesome, Kim. :)
The icons showing up too would be wonderful, Kim. I bet it gets confusing for fellow rpers when we suddenly have new, unmentioned characters posting in threads (aka, the mis-pick/click)!
Kim Site Admin

Characters should now be consistently in alphabetical order. :)

Love you, Kim! <3
Kim Site Admin

Love you too! <3

You are on: Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » 'Post As'...

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus