Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » Are elves still loved?

MasterWinter Topic Starter

Rhyodn wrote:
Oh yeah. This one's an oldy but a goodie.

Ah! Another drow! <3 Gah! Now I want to bring my drow back, because of you and Copper.
Rhyodn (played anonymously)

Winters_Fury wrote:
Ah! Another drow! <3 Gah! Now I want to bring my drow back, because of you and Copper.
Hah, whoops. I used to have a few, although none have RPR profiles anymore, except my main.
Rogue-Scribe

(In a dusty wheezy ancient voice)

Back at the end of the last century when I first started writing rp on websites, the ‘half-elf’ Warrior Woman was all the rage in the Middle Earth realm due to the movies Peter Jackson was working on for The Lord of the Rings. Every kid in school had to write one.

My merry band of Dunedain Rangers and Rohirrim Soldiers were in many an rp with some awesome elf and half-elf characters. In memory of Raven Tinuviel.

It’s good to see some good elf characters here! Love Fslathiel Winter’s Fury!

Dunedain-Ranger wrote:
(In a dusty wheezy ancient voice)

Back at the end of the last century when I first started writing rp on websites, the ‘half-elf’ Warrior Woman was all the rage in the Middle Earth realm due to the movies Peter Jackson was working on for The Lord of the Rings. Every kid in school had to write one.

My merry band of Dunedain Rangers and Rohirrim Soldiers were in many an rp with some awesome elf and half-elf characters. In memory of Raven Tinuviel.

It’s good to see some good elf characters here! Love Fslathiel Winter’s Fury!

Thank you! My friend Sorrow's Embrace and I actually collaborated together to put her together. I went off the info he had for an elf prince, I made Falathiel, and then Sorrow's went off of Falathiel to create the elder Prince brother.

Now I want to bring back more of my elves and drow's, that I conveniently forgot about when I first posted this thing. Oops. >.>

Rhyodn wrote:
Winters_Fury wrote:
Hah, whoops. I used to have a few, although none have RPR profiles anymore, except my main.

Sometimes one sticks out better than most, that's just my opinion.

But no worries! It's nice to see I wasn't the only one who created a drow!
Hades_

I have three elven characters here on rpr and many more that aren't. Much love for the elves from me.
Sarí Lin'oen (played by Zelphyr)

Not the LotR type, but I be a whole tribe of elves tucked away here. Also have a half-elf related to them, and a more standard elf dude.

PrettySir wrote:
I have three elven characters here on rpr and many more that aren't. Much love for the elves from me.

Very cool! Elves seem to be quite the loveable race.

Sari Lin wrote:
Not the LotR type, but I be a whole tribe of elves tucked away here. Also have a half-elf related to them, and a more standard elf dude.

O.O A whole TRIBE?! Now that is quite impressive!
Hades_

Winters_Fury wrote:
PrettySir wrote:

Yep. And none of mine relate to LotR

PrettySir wrote:
Winters_Fury wrote:
PrettySir wrote:

Yep. And none of mine relate to LotR

Standing out from the usual LOTR is not a bad thing. It can keep things fresh in my opinion.
Elsydiel Nightshade (played by SilentSybil)

I also have an elf, though she is inspired by Skyrim, she can be used in other places. I love characters with pointy ears and if it isn't beasty, it's elven oriented. I have been more in a beasty mood than elven, but I do enjoy their natural grace and sheen. 💙
Sarí Lin'oen (played by Zelphyr)

Winters_Fury wrote:
Sari Lin wrote:

They aren't all very well defined, but yeah, I've got a general structure and some of the individuals. Sari can't really be played without them. ^^;
Unusual Hybrid (played by MasterWinter) Topic Starter

Elsydiel Nightshade wrote:
I also have an elf, though she is inspired by Skyrim, she can be used in other places. I love characters with pointy ears and if it isn't beasty, it's elven oriented. I have been more in a beasty mood than elven, but I do enjoy their natural grace and sheen. 💙

Hey, that's totally cool in my book! Sorry, I don't know Skyrim to join you, but that's still alright!

By the way to any interested, this is my male drow, Jevan.

Sari Lin wrote:
Winters_Fury wrote:
Sari Lin wrote:

They aren't all very well defined, but yeah, I've got a general structure and some of the individuals. Sari can't really be played without them. ^^;

Well. I still find the concept to be good, even if they are not all defined. That takes a lot of effort, to put a tribe together. I say kudos to you on that!
Ara (played by Rook)

Space elf here. I love RPing elves too, planning another one for a med-fantasy setting! I see a lot in fantasy settings but not a lot elsewhere.
Unusual Hybrid (played by MasterWinter) Topic Starter

Ara wrote:
Space elf here. I love RPing elves too, planning another one for a med-fantasy setting! I see a lot in fantasy settings but not a lot elsewhere.

Jevan is capable of doing fantasy, and or fantasy-modern. I would just need to make minor tweaks with him. Such as the glasses that he wears to cover his eyes.

I also have some other elves that can fit into the med-fantasy, at least I think so. Though I've not seen a space elf before. Sounds pretty cool.
I had a blood elf priest back on WoW in like MoP before the next expansion totally killed my desire to play the game. I liked them for their command over magic, their tragic history, and the way they tried to carve their place in the world. Before that it was lotr even though I was a little kid when I watched them. (Have yet to read the books, but I wanna!)

I was privately rp'ing in an elf kingdom with some friends over Discord for a hot minute before the Queen / mastermind got back into school and we decided to close it until she came back.

It comes as no surprise that from loving casters, I have a thing for the pointy-eared graceful people though I've yet to make one for RPR.
Snuggles her Elfy Wifeys
Semiramis (played by Miwi_Sama)

Snuggles her Wifey Servant Elfys

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » Are elves still loved?

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus