Skip to main content

Forums » Epic Week 2019 » Doubutt Discussion

There's a whistling sound overhead. You look up to see a wicked looking battle axe come hurtling from the clouds! It lands at your feet with a CLANG. You pick it up and put it in your inventory.

Hey, there's a note attached! It reads "From: CHURP and Doubutt"

<3
I sprinted down this long straight hallway with the weapon in front of me and ran into a ghost wandering towards me... But I just kept running and the weapon was protecting me from taking damage. I stopped running when I got close to the end of the hallway and the weapon pushed the ghost against the wall and continued to ignore me while I walked through the door with the weapon. My heart is beating so fast!
There seems to be a certain room with slimes and a hole in the center that has no door at the top of the room. But if you check around the black border along the bottom left, you can walk through the wall and find a "door" that SHOULD be at the top of the room. Had a couple runs where there was no where else to check until I remembered I found a door on a previous run that wouldn't let me go through it properly. It would show Duobutt in the bottom left corner of the room, inside the black walls (like a few people have shown in their screenshots) and then just spit me back out the door I originally went through to get there. If you hold bottom bottom left or bottom right when you try to walk through it, it'll eventually leave you in the room with the slimes and hole in the center, starting inside the black walls like the screenshots show. You'll have to push the weapon in there and hope it doesn't go off screen cuz you can continue to walk down through the black walls but it'll be off screen.... so don't get lost or lose the weapon off screen!
I recommend searching for the cannon room before pushing the weapon through everything.
Kim Topic Starter Site Admin

CHURP wrote:
There seems to be a certain room with slimes and a hole in the center that has no door at the top of the room. But if you check around the black border along the bottom left, you can walk through the wall and find a "door" that SHOULD be at the top of the room. Had a couple runs where there was no where else to check until I remembered I found a door on a previous run that wouldn't let me go through it properly. It would show Duobutt in the bottom left corner of the room, inside the black walls (like a few people have shown in their screenshots) and then just spit me back out the door I originally went through to get there. If you hold bottom bottom left or bottom right when you try to walk through it, it'll eventually leave you in the room with the slimes and hole in the center, starting inside the black walls like the screenshots show. You'll have to push the weapon in there and hope it doesn't go off screen cuz you can continue to walk down through the black walls but it'll be off screen.... so don't get lost or lose the weapon off screen!

Very creative problem solving!! I'm impressed. I pushed a patch for this problem late last night, sometime after you posted this. Give the Doubutt game some refreshes to get it :)
Is there anything else you can pick up other than the magnet? I can't remember from last year.
StaticNightmares wrote:
This discovery is small but I got so confused so I'm going to assume that other people would get confused too.

When you see this in the game:

THIS!
Screenshot-20190424-152748.jpg

If you walk into it you don't die; it allows you to progress forward. So walk into it. XD

Is there a point to switching that lever or just for funsies?
Oh, don't mind me, I'm just gonna walk into this hole I've passed multiple times no problem.

RazleDazle wrote:
Is there anything else you can pick up other than the magnet? I can't remember from last year.
One year we could pick up seeds that we also sent out in the cannon. And the food heals us. Otherwise, no.
RazleDazle wrote:
Is there a point to switching that lever or just for funsies?
It makes the floor come up so you can get the weapon across.
Let's keep those weapons dropping, we need them!

Me: Oh wow, I found the cannon! That was so easy!

also me: i have no idea how i got here or where i left my weapon
There's a whistling sound overhead. You look up to see a ray gun come hurtling from the clouds! It lands, conveniently, right in your waiting hands. You put it in your inventory.

Hey, there's a note attached! It reads "From: Kim and Doubutt"

!!!

Bunny wrote:
There's a whistling sound overhead. You look up to see a ray gun come hurtling from the clouds! It lands, conveniently, right in your waiting hands. You put it in your inventory.

Hey, there's a note attached! It reads "From: Kim and Doubutt"

!!!

Good catch! :D
Hey Kim, next year can we get slightly higher spawn rates for guns in the doubutt game?
I've actually had a high ratio of guns spawn, but I haven't been able to play much. ^^;
Novalyyn wrote:
I've actually had a high ratio of guns spawn, but I haven't been able to play much. ^^;

Lucky, I normally have to suicide several times just to find one. One time it took me around 14 tries just to spawn one.
I have concerns. I'm finally getting some Doubutt in, and... like every other weapon spawn is a grenade. I don't know if it's just my luck, or if it's preprogrammed stocking up. >.>
Woo-hoo! I played the Doubutt game for the first time!!

Hey, whoever gets that high tech whip...if you see this post lemmie know. I just wanna know who got it :3

You are on: Forums » Epic Week 2019 » Doubutt Discussion

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus