Skip to main content

Forums » Art & Creativity » Free Bindrunes [OPEN]

Tink

Yersinia wrote:
FOR TINK wrote:

R3g1a4ym.jpg

A bindrune using ᛖ Ehwaz ("horse"), ᛁ Isa ("ice"), and ᚦ Thurisaz ("giant").

I used Ehwaz as the 'root" of your bindrune because it primarily facilitates better relationships with those around us by promoting cooperation and harmony.

Like ice, Isa indicates the stopping or freezing of something. It's sometimes used to promote patience and emotional control-- in this case, to keep your temper in check.

Thurisaz is a rune that helps protect you against unexpected change or actions. You can't help it if the people around you get on your nerves, but you can control how you react to them.
Thank you!
Yuka

A rune to support or bolster magic/ritual work would be great!
This is so cool of you to do, thank you! I’ve been having a lot of trouble with my art lately, unfortunately I’m starting to loose interest and I can never think of what to do draw but it’s something I love to do, so maybe something for inspiration and creativity would help?

Also, tunes are something I’ve been studying for a while and would love to learn! I know elder Futhark, Northern runes, and in learning the latinized ones now. If you don’t mind me asking this, when writing runes is there a specific way to write them? I see that you combine them a lot but it that for the binding runes or for regular writing as well? Also, I can never find the numbers if thy have them lol.

Thank you again!
Yersinia Topic Starter

Apologies for the long wait! I moved to a new place that didn't have its internet set up, but we're back in business now.

FOR NACHTZEHREN wrote:

5cOfLA1m.jpg

For yours I used a combination of ᛉ Algiz ("elk"), ᛇ Eihwaz ("yew"), and
ᛚ Laguz ("lake").

Algiz is considered to be one of the most powerful protective runes, especially against magic. It's used as a teaching rune and to ward off all sorts of negative influences. I thought it would make a useful addition to your bindrune in case any magic goes awry. Similarly, Eihwaz is another protective rune, although it also promotes endurance and strength that are useful in any endeavor.

Laguz is the core of your bindrune. It has a lot of applications; among them, it is believed to enhance a person's psychic energies and facilitate communication between the conscious and unconscious mind.

Good luck with your rituals!

FOR CRYSTALDRAGON126 wrote:

Your enthusiasm's appreciated! I don't think there's a specific way to write runes. Some practitioners chant their names while writing or carving them to 'activate'/meditate on them, but for a common charlatan like myself I just pick up a pen and go wild.

Normally, runes are written individually, but there's a few different ways to create bindrunes-- combining them into one symbol (which is what I'm doing), having them radiate from a vertical axis, writing them in a line, or staves, where the runes are drawn on one vertical axis. Here are some examples of what I mean. There's a cycle that the Elder Futhark follow, but to my knowledge their numerical values aren't as significant as their order in the circle.

NOpuJyim.jpg

This bindrune contains ᚲ Kenaz ("torch"), ᚨ Ansuz ("mouth" or "ancestral god"), and ᚹ Wunjo ("joy").

Kenaz is the best rune for any talismans concerning art. The torch represents creativity, illumination, and inspiration; sometimes the torch burns out, but it can always be re-lit. Likewise, Ansuz is Odin's rune and thought to invoke inspiration, which never hurts when you're trying to come up with new material to work with.

I added in Wunjo because it's overall a very positive rune promoting comfort, ease, and effortlessness. I hope your enjoyment of drawing comes back to you!
Yersinia wrote:
FOR CORONELCOSCACHO wrote:

Not to stroke my own ego but these look ******* cool together.

Fvrtr2Km.jpg

I used ᛁ Isa ("ice"), ᛊ or ᛋ Sowilo ("sun"), and ᚾ Nauthiz ("need").

Isa brings a complete halt to whatever is happening (maybe procrastination, in your case). It's useful for developing concentration and focus. For that reason I used it as the stem of your bindrune. It's also said to reinforce the runes around it and make them stronger.

Sowilo has to do with success and victory as pursued by the individual. It's complemented by Nauthiz, which represents personal drive and basically a get-things-done attitude. I remember from my old divination thread you kept getting Nauthiz in your readings, so it's funny that it fits so well yet again.

All three of these runes are from Heimdall's aett, or sphere of influence. He's a protective figure in Norse mythology.

Good luck with your assignments!

ADASDASD I thought I relplied to this a while ago, but seems that RPR ate up the reply

First off, that rune does look Cool AF, ty so much fren ;;v;; Glad to know that that Nauthiz rune likes me too! Let's hope it affects me with it's workaholic effect -prays in spanish-

Overall 10/10 would beg for free magic symbols again, thanks frendo :sparkle_heart:
Hey doc, I think I might need a little extra security right now. bindrunes that protect from ill-intentions, facilitate open and communicative friendships, promote health, or wellbeing would all be pretty helpful but specifically ones that protect from ill-intentions...I just made quite a few huuuuuge decisions and now I’m questioning my judgement. ^^;
Yersinia Topic Starter

FOR ORRIK_ZYNN_×2 wrote:

Hi Orrik! Thanks for waiting five days for me to combine a fork and the letter R.

GEYdlZnm.jpg

Actually, though, it's a combination of three runes: Algiz ("elk"), ᚦ Thurisaz ("giant"), and ᚱ Raidho ("wagon").

Because you mentioned making some huge decisions, I decided to make Raidho the 'stem' of your bindrune, since it indicates change and personal journey. As the strongest protective rune, Algiz is a natural companion. It's used for warding off negative influences, whatever form they may take.

Thurisaz formed right down the middle as a result of combining Raidho and Algiz. It's a welcome addition. Considered to be Thor's rune, Thurisaz protects you from sudden, unexpected change. Since it has warrior-like connotations, it also promotes self-empowerment and vitality.

I hope you end up at peace with your decisions!
Yersinia wrote:
FOR ORRIK_ZYNN_×2 wrote:

Hi Orrik! Thanks for waiting five days for me to combine a fork and the letter R.

GEYdlZn.jpg

Actually, though, it's a combination of three runes: Algiz ("elk"), ᚦ Thurisaz ("giant"), and ᚱ Raidho ("wagon").

Because you mentioned making some huge decisions, I decided to make Raidho the 'stem' of your bindrune, since it indicates change and personal journey. As the strongest protective rune, Algiz is a natural companion. It's used for warding off negative influences, whatever form they may take.

Thurisaz formed right down the middle as a result of combining Raidho and Algiz. It's a welcome addition. Considered to be Thor's rune, Thurisaz protects you from sudden, unexpected change. Since it has warrior-like connotations, it also promotes self-empowerment and vitality.

I hope you end up at peace with your decisions!

Thank you so much! :D sorry it took me so long to respond, but I’ll definitely write this on a few sketchbooks!
*points at above post timidly*
Psst, hey Crystaldragon126, that one was meant for me...

Hello to you too doc, lol that part about combining a fork and the letter R made me laugh so hard I almost choked and died XD not really but it was hilarious.

Also, thanks for the rune. I may even get a tiny version of this tattooed behind my ear...I actually really enjoyed the choices I made (for once) even though the results of said choices were the polar opposite of what I expected! Things are starting to look up a tiny bit now because of the huge decisions I made, not much but with the way things were going in my life even this miniscule improvement is like the weight of a whole world lifted off my head.

I would've responded sooner but I'm subscribed to so many topics that I didn't see you'd responded until just now because I got bored and went back through the past few days of activity on topics I'm subscribed to. Oh the strange things I do out of pure boredom!
Yersinia, I am curious if you could possibly do one for me? I was thinking of one that represented protection from ill-intentions both from others and self, as well as personal acceptance, health, overall well-being. My utmost thanks if you can. <3
Yersinia Topic Starter

Demilicious wrote:
Yersinia, I am curious if you could possibly do one for me? I was thinking of one that represented protection from ill-intentions both from others and self, as well as personal acceptance, health, overall well-being. My utmost thanks if you can. <3
Hi there, Demi, I haven't forgotten you! I've been doing a lot of traveling between the city and my hometown and it's been time-consuming. I'll have your rune done later tonight.
Yersinia Topic Starter

FOR DEMILICIOUS wrote:
Yours ended up being more stave-like than anticipated, but I still tried to keep it simple rather than decorative, since that's supposedly how the most effective bindrunes are made.

dyiwN9um.jpg

It's not supposed to be crooked, I just can't do anything straight

It's a combination of the ever-popular ᛉ Algiz ("elk"), ᛊ or ᛋ Sowilo ("sun"), and ᛜ Inguz ("earth").

Algiz and Sowilo are both from Heimdall's sphere of influence. His runes tend to protect against forces that are unknown or beyond our control. Algiz is considered the most powerful protective rune in the Elder Futhark and can be used to shield both yourself and others from negative influences, whatever form they may take, so I made it the stem of your bindrune. In divination, Algiz is a reminder that fear can be a useful emotion because it warns us there's something we need to defend against, but unchecked fear is a hindrance.

Sowilo makes a good addition because it signifies health, wholeness, and success; positive change initiated by the individual. It also wards against the negative opinions and words of others (yes, even yourself). A good way to think of the sun rune is as 'cleansing fire'.

Inguz is from Tyr's aett, which primarily deals with internal forces and self-actualization. It's considered a 'masculine' rune and is used for the protection of the home, which should above all be a place of rest, peace, and familial love. It also indicates a period of rest followed by a sudden release of energy. I thought it made a nice third addition.

For a rune like this I would suggest carving or painting it onto something as a talisman to hang in your room/a space you want to protect, or maybe drawing it on a slip of paper under your pillow if you have trouble getting rest.

I hope things improve for you soon!
Yersinia, I appreciate this so much. Things are well on my end but it is that need for reminder. To stay grounded and break those habits that can return to us even after years have passed.

The meanings ring very dear to me and I could not be more grateful to you for this. Thank you for your time and your energy as well. ❤
Yersinia Topic Starter

Aw, it's no problem at all! Glad you like it.
Yersinia Topic Starter

Giving this thread a nudge because I'll be able to work on runes until September.
nightmqre

I'm not entirely sure what to ask for, so...

I went through a heartbreak recently, and therefore some unhealthy habits (not eating, not sleeping, not taking care of myself properly...) have returned. I don't know if that's specific enough, but I hope it is...
Halofyre

Hello! I am in the midst of trying to find employment outside of my current department (it's very toxic, mentally) and would deeply appreciate anything to promote finding a new job. I've got lots of applications out, so just a little luck could help :)

Thank you!!
Yersinia Topic Starter

FOR STATICNIGHTMARES wrote:
No problem at all! I actually came up with two potential designs, so feel free to pick the one you prefer.

EhS2tIUm.jpg

The first bindrune is made up of ᛒ Berkano ("birch"), ᛚ Laguz ("lake"), ᚾ Nauthiz ("need-fire"), and ᛏ Tiwaz ("the god Tyr").

Berkano is considered the most powerful healing rune, not just physically, but mentally and emotionally. I made it the base of your bindrune. It's sometimes visualized as a forest glade or a seed to indicate internal growth and renewal. It's said to be especially strong when paired with Laguz, which is another healing rune associated with vitality and dreams (ie; restful sleep for you). Together they promote a safe and peaceful environment.

Nauthiz represents self-reliance and overcoming turmoil through determination. Mettle and grit. I think it's a good symbol to add to a bindrune when life's knocked you down.

I wasn't planning on using Tiwaz, but it branched off of Laguz nicely. In Norse mythology, Tyr is the god of justice, and Tiwaz is his rune. Likewise, it represents fairness, honour, and rationality. Sometimes we blame ourselves for bad things happening and become self-destructive, like you mentioned; in theory Tiwaz could help curb these behaviors.

If you don't feel like Tiwaz is applicable to you, this is what the bindrune would look like without it.

WdVhTMIm.jpg

Good luck!

Edit: sorry Encompassed, I didn't see your post before I added mine! I'll work on your bindrune today.
nightmqre

Yersinia wrote:
FOR STATICNIGHTMARES wrote:
No problem at all! I actually came up with two potential designs, so feel free to pick the one you prefer.

EhS2tIUm.jpg

The first bindrune is made up of ᛒ Berkano ("birch"), ᛚ Laguz ("lake"), ᚾ Nauthiz ("need-fire"), and ᛏ Tiwaz ("the god Tyr").

Berkano is considered the most powerful healing rune, not just physically, but mentally and emotionally. I made it the base of your bindrune. It's sometimes visualized as a forest glade or a seed to indicate internal growth and renewal. It's said to be especially strong when paired with Laguz, which is another healing rune associated with vitality and dreams (ie; restful sleep for you). Together they promote a safe and peaceful environment.

Nauthiz represents self-reliance and overcoming turmoil through determination. Mettle and grit. I think it's a good symbol to add to a bindrune when life's knocked you down.

I wasn't planning on using Tiwaz, but it branched off of Laguz nicely. In Norse mythology, Tyr is the god of justice, and Tiwaz is his rune. Likewise, it represents fairness, honour, and rationality. Sometimes we blame ourselves for bad things happening and become self-destructive, like you mentioned; in theory Tiwaz could help curb these behaviors.

If you don't feel like Tiwaz is applicable to you, this is what the bindrune would look like without it.

WdVhTMIm.jpg

Good luck!

.o. thank you!!
Yuka

Yersinia wrote:

FOR YUKA wrote:

5cOfLA1m.jpg

For yours I used a combination of ᛉ Algiz ("elk"), ᛇ Eihwaz ("yew"), and
ᛚ Laguz ("lake").

Algiz is considered to be one of the most powerful protective runes, especially against magic. It's used as a teaching rune and to ward off all sorts of negative influences. I thought it would make a useful addition to your bindrune in case any magic goes awry. Similarly, Eihwaz is another protective rune, although it also promotes endurance and strength that are useful in any endeavor.

Laguz is the core of your bindrune. It has a lot of applications; among them, it is believed to enhance a person's psychic energies and facilitate communication between the conscious and unconscious mind.

Good luck with your rituals!

Thank you!

You are on: Forums » Art & Creativity » Free Bindrunes [OPEN]

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus