Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » Whatcha doin' today?

Rogue-Scribe

Well, this Sunday morning started off quickly. I woke up to a crash and thought my cat Scooter was up to no good. The crash was the freestanding fireplace screen falling over onto the floor. I then heard the footfall on the hardwood floor. Scooter is pretty heavy-footed for a cat, but this sounded different. I sleepily suspected he brought something in to torture, but the flashlight coming on had a possum looking in the mirror across the room. He walked about the room and into the walk-in closet to burrow into Kaz’s shoes and clothes. We called the possum-whisperer who will be out sometime today. The homeless nocturnal guy isn’t going anywhere on his own during the day.
Abigail_Austin Topic Starter

StaticNightmares wrote:
Spent ALL DAY today, from the moment I got up at 11:30am to the right now at 21:13pm coding CSS.

:)

Dunedain-Ranger wrote:
Well, this Sunday morning started off quickly. I woke up to a crash and thought my cat Scooter was up to no good. The crash was the freestanding fireplace screen falling over onto the floor. I then heard the footfall on the hardwood floor. Scooter is pretty heavy-footed for a cat, but this sounded different. I sleepily suspected he brought something in to torture, but the flashlight coming on had a possum looking in the mirror across the room. He walked about the room and into the walk-in closet to burrow into Kaz’s shoes and clothes. We called the possum-whisperer who will be out sometime today. The homeless nocturnal guy isn’t going anywhere on his own during the day.

Well THAT'S interesting. My goodness.
Rogue-Scribe

We freed him tonight. He shot out of the cage as soon as the door was open. Rocked up the pine tree where I put one of the possum boxes. We’ll see if he takes to it as he went as high in the tree he could.
LakotaSiouxWarrior

Cooking dinner for my beloved. We're spending the whole day together. Then tune my basses pick out stage colthes. Then rock and roll til the moon comes out.
eating snacks and watching the opera Der Rosenkavalier
I have to deep clean the house and let my uncle come visit his dog.
After having watched Endgame, which I'm going to in about an hour, and will no doubt be riddled with snotty tears for the rest of the day. :'}

DarkCrow wrote:
I have to deep clean the house and let my uncle come visit his dog.
After having watched Endgame, which I'm going to in about an hour, and will no doubt be riddled with snotty tears for the rest of the day. :'}

Have a good visit, and yep...Endgame. Haven't seen it but know what happens and, yep. Lol

Dunedain-Ranger wrote:
We freed him tonight. He shot out of the cage as soon as the door was open. Rocked up the pine tree where I put one of the possum boxes. We’ll see if he takes to it as he went as high in the tree he could.

Cool. Happy ending to the possum tale (pun intended).

Cookiesareyummie wrote:
eating snacks and watching the opera Der Rosenkavalier

Yay good

SexySultryAngelBabe wrote:
Cooking dinner for my beloved. We're spending the whole day together. Then tune my basses pick out stage colthes. Then rock and roll til the moon comes out.

Yay and....*howl*

Getting over a cold
Rogue-Scribe

This Sunday I’m working on a home improvement project. Pulling out an old open iron fireplace box and putting in a Quadra-Fire insert. Phase one is done, phase two begins....
LakotaSiouxWarrior

Sunday I'm taking a day off from being a rock and roll musician and meeting my boyfriends parents. I promised to be on my best behavior.
Rogue-Scribe

SexySultryAngelBabe wrote:
Sunday I'm taking a day off from being a rock and roll musician and meeting my boyfriends parents. I promised to be on my best behavior.

Hoping it was a good meeting and weekend! :)

Today I'm going to work. Tonight I may get to some lagging RPs.

Waiting in line to get gas on my way home.
Rogue-Scribe

Abigail_Austin wrote:

Waiting in line??? Brings back memories of the 70's when I first got my license and had to do all sorts of things just to fuel up.... like line up for opening to get ten gallons. I'd set an alarm to get up and drive the two blocks over to the station to get a close place in line, walk back home, take a nap until the alarm went off again so I could walk back in time for opening. Fortunately, I got a tip from my girlfriend that her uncle would open his service station for two hours a day for unlimited fill-ups. Those two hours were from midnight to 2 AM. I would then make sure I was up at midnight to go fuel up!

Today I worked from home, and toward the end of the day I mowed the feral yard. This yard hadn't had a proper mowing in years, but I'm determined to get it under control. The mower blades are taking a beating, but I think I will sharpen them one more time before putting the last set of new ones I have on. I also caught up with a dear friend who I was worried about.

Dunedain-Ranger wrote:
Abigail_Austin wrote:

Waiting in line??? Brings back memories of the 70's when I first got my license and had to do all sorts of things just to fuel up.... like line up for opening to get ten gallons. I'd set an alarm to get up and drive the two blocks over to the station to get a close place in line, walk back home, take a nap until the alarm went off again so I could walk back in time for opening. Fortunately, I got a tip from my girlfriend that her uncle would open his service station for two hours a day for unlimited fill-ups. Those two hours were from midnight to 2 AM. I would then make sure I was up at midnight to go fuel up!

Today I worked from home, and toward the end of the day I mowed the feral yard. This yard hadn't had a proper mowing in years, but I'm determined to get it under control. The mower blades are taking a beating, but I think I will sharpen them one more time before putting the last set of new ones I have on. I also caught up with a dear friend who I was worried about.

No, no...it's not that bad. Hehe. It was a one car line. I was waiting for the person at the pump to get done. So used to at least one pump being open that I considered having to wait at all "a line." Hahaha. Didn't mean to conjure up memories of the 1970s fuel crisis under Nixon! Lolol! (You're funny <3)
LakotaSiouxWarrior

Taking the man who cured my insomnia out for dinner. Tuning my basses for tonight. Picking out stage colthes. Enjoying 90 degrees of heat where I live.

Wondering why I'm so bored. Even when I'm doing something I'm bored. Bored, bored, bored.

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » Whatcha doin' today?

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus