Skip to main content

Forums » Epic Week 2019 » Marvelous symbol discussion (SOLVED)

Trickster

How has no one here mentioned Mystique? Magneto? Max Eisenhardt?
Trickster wrote:
How has no one here mentioned Mystique? Magneto? Max Eisenhardt?

Maybe because the stated genre is >non-fiction<?
Trickster

I always thought X-Men was a documentary.

Hugh Jackman doesn't have handclaws? :(
Dragonfire Moderator

Copying this from Puzzle8 just for expediency:

I'm going to continue to try and generate guesses for this, but because we're getting into the really tough waves of enemies, only actually try putting in answers in the latter parts of the hours if possible - say, between :50 and the top of the hour! That'll give people as much time as possible to put in hats and weapons on the collection nodes.
Tried:

SCOTUS
SCOTUS settlement
Marc Toberoff (lawyer representing the Kirby family)

Edit:
Lisa Kirby
Neal Kirby
Pandas71

Okay, so I was getting some real Loki vibes from this. Technically mythology is non-fiction
Claine Moderator

I'm pretty sure this relates to Captain Marvell.
1) The symbol for the puzzle matches the logo from the film.
2) The Kree are 'fickle of shape'

I've already dumped in the name of most of the characters I thought were applicable to 'taming the beast' but nothing stuck.
Trickster

You pull the cork out of the Message in a Bottle and gently fish the paper out of it. Unrolling it, you see that it reads:

Marvelous: Relatively recent history
https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Talos_(Earth-616)

It likely has something very much to do with this guy.
Trickster

So our clues are:

Non-fiction, so it's real history
Deceptive of shape
Fickle allegiances
Who tamed that wild beast
Relatively recent history

That's... not much to go off of. I have no idea where to even begin looking. If it has anything to do with Captain Marvel, I haven't seen that yet so I can't really dig without spoiling it for myself.
Dragonfire Moderator

Maybe... maybe something to do with the making of Captain Marvel?

I mean, we've got the Skrulls on one hand who're shapeshifters, but... who else is deceptive of shape? :3
Trickster

Someone solved this?

... how?

Would be interesting to see what thought and search process lead them to 'Ursula Brauner.'
Dragonfire Moderator

Ursula Brauner was the trainer of Goose! Not actually a cat but looks like a cat, definitely fickle in allegiance... And who was played by four different cats.
Kim Topic Starter Site Admin

Way to go Dragonfire!!!

For anyone wondering why the answer was Ursula Brauner, she was the woman who trained the cats who played the shape-changer "Goose" in the recent Captain Marvel movie. :D
Will the person who solved this please show themselves to receive our undying love and affection?
Kim, that is gloriously obtuse.
Kim Topic Starter Site Admin

GrandFinale wrote:
Kim, that is gloriously obtuse.

I thought since it was from a huge grossing movie that came out just a few months ago the character would be top of everyone's mind... Goose was as far as I could tell the main character. ;)

You are on: Forums » Epic Week 2019 » Marvelous symbol discussion (SOLVED)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus