Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Bloodied Shards IC (CLOSED!)

Medieval Characters (played by MangoNekros)

He saw him, got up, and simply said. "Calm down, I think you've had enough"
Neo Angelo (played by dantefrancis)

Neo had enough and decide to punch the drunkard in the face.When the drunkard got up,all he saw was the rage of a demon Hunter.Neo then grabbed the drunkard and said,"You pissing me off and two other,if I didn't punch you in the face,then she would have done worse.
She smiles at his comment as she heals the bruise the drunken man had given her. "That's true. Youd probably be missing a limb or gutted. " she smirked. She looks over at the man who tried stopping it with words. "I appreciate you trying to stop him as well." She bows slightly revealing her chest a bit. She then turns back to Neo. "Thank you for helping me... any longer and I wouldve... well..." she scratches the back of her neck.
Neo Angelo (played by dantefrancis)

"Yeah,I know,but I'm still hungry,so rather eat outside,before I rip the guy as arms off.",Neo said,while walking out the tavern.Neo was surprised that manage to deal with his anger before I gotten worse.
Vee (played by Alien_Princess)

The two were frozen, staring up and the nice sounding alienesque creature in amazement. The words weren't lost on them, though they did seem to be somewhat of a stumble over each other. The Vynym verbal language was quite simplistic, and the exact meaning of every little word might not always land in the realm of certainty for them.

Vee brought their available hand up and opened it, looking down at the shard in their hand a moment before looking back up to the guard, the shard still set in their palm in front of them.

Vee spoke, in almost as much portrayed nervousness as the guard, Kae showing far more than either of them in the moment.

"We find owner," Vee said and raised the shard up higher so the guard could better view it. "Sorceress coming!"

The flowering pods on each of their bodies which held their vae, the wings to the side, were very still. The movement of the wings which often portrayed their mood were equally frozen, as frozen as the two Vynym themselves, and even as frozen as the air felt in this awkward and nerve wracking first interaction.
Victi Aurora Silverfur wrote:
"Hopefully trap something that could be huge problem elsewhere. Lock it in your planet for a million years or something, assuming my math was right, which I'm pretty sure it is. Either way, hopefully that will starve it enough that someone could kill it later. I mean, ideally me if I'm still around, but if not I know some people who should be," she explains, putting her hands behind her head, "I have to lure it here, too, but that's the easy part. Pretty easy to bait something like that, even if it's nowhere near here right now. Like... probably-doesn't-even-know-this-place-exists-yet-and-it's-likely-functionally-omniscient nowhere near here."

She bends one knee, dragging her foot across the rough sheet to soothe a slight itch in one paw pad before just leaning her leg against the wall. More comfortable than not. She turned her eyes to watch Drake, letting him process what she'd said, asking, "That explain things enough for you?"

With knitted brows, Drake tries to process the vixen's revelation. He admittedly wasn't paying as much attention to her words as he should have been with his eyes drawn to her long, toned legs, but he manages to puzzle out her meaning in a few moments. He tears his eyes away from Victi's figure to glare at her.

"Uh...you're trying to trap someone else's problem on this planet? My planet?" He pulls a frown and drawls, "That's awfully considerate of you." He isn't the one to use sarcasm, so his tone might come off a little too sincere. However, his feelings should be obvious given the context.
Victi Aurora Silverfur (played by Avitrathephoenix) Topic Starter

"People tend to find out about critters like that, though. Especially the mentally unstable who want to be eaten, for some reason. I'm sure there are creepy cults worshipping undescribable horrors on this world, right?" She asks, already knowing the answer would be yes. It was always yes.

"So here's my question: would you rather they eventually end up calling that nasty here so it kills everyone, possibly in your lifetime or your kids' lifetimes, or have me remove that possibility? I can lock it away until the civilizations here would probably be long gone, either dead by natural causes or having left this planet behind for other ones. .....That, and I'm sure I could arrange payment. I know mercs, and you sound like one. Wouldn't be too hard to arrange a bargain," she adds, a mysterious smile on her thin lips.
Misc other (played by Avitrathephoenix) Topic Starter

"Um..... hmmm...." The guard expresses, uncertain. He strokes his moustache slightly as he looks down at what appears to be a peice of clay edged in.... gold? brass? that alloy of gold and silver? He could never remember the name of it. It looked like part of a repaired bit of pottery to his eyes. That part about a sorceress worried him though.

"Erm, do you know where it came from? Or what this.... sorceress wants with that? Is it magical in some way?" He inquires.

His partner whispers to him that the captain was coming at that point, leading him to quickly add in, "One moment, actually, this outpost's captain will be out to speak with you in a moment! He will be of more help to you, I expect."
Drake lets a long silence fall between them. This god-damn manipulative- well, she actually has a solid point. Besides, not only does she seem to be offering payment, Victi will try to kill him if he doesn't go along with whatever she's scheming. He's backed into a corner and, honestly, cooperating sounds like it'll not only save his life but work to his benefit.

Yet Drake isn't quite sold, but definitely interested. He raises an eyebrow while a small smile curls his lips. "What kind of payment do you have in mind?"

Vee clasped their hands around the shard and lowered it in front of them while they waited. They looked around at the landscape again, feeling as if they were on another planet. Kae squeezed at Vee slightly, still stuck to their backside in case things went awry.

"Captain," Kae said with an inquisitive look to Vee. They turned their head and again were only perhaps an inch away from touching their face.

"I think, Elder," Vee responded, turning back to look at the tower in anticipation of the captains arrival. Their vae wings began moving slowly, like a landed butterfly beneath the lovely white flower in the pods on their body.

"What do you think?" she asks, "Enchantments! Your weapons are mundane, you have no shielding worth speaking of, and I could probably tear your throat out with my teeth if I got you pinned! You're way too vulnerable, and have nowhere near enough oomph to ride with me properly either way. You work with me, I give you the upgrades you need for the job, as well as a couple extra toys, all to keep."
"That sounds great and all, but when you say I need more 'oomph' to ride with you, you mean...?" Drake leans slightly forward, looking down on her with narrow eyes and a slick smile. Most of him is just making a joke, a small part wishes it would work as a genuine invitation, but then the rest is simultaneously insulted and intrigued by her actual offer.

Whether she knows it or not, Victi's doing a great job stirring up mixed emotions in him.

The captain is a tall, thin, severe looking man, followed by probably the lieutenant, a still tallish man with broad shoulders and a long stride. He's talking quietly to the captain as they approach.

The captain holds up a hand in front of the Lieutenant once they're close, and he stops talking. The captain speaks quickly, but clearly and evenly, his tone almost unnaturally neutral. "I will need you to tell me what you know about this shard and the sorceress you are speaking of. I'm afraid I cannot assess the nature of the fragment myself, but should be able to contact the university to see what they know once I have some information."

Even speaking neutraly, he radiates an intensity that seems unusual for someone of his build and age.

She seems genuinely confused for a moment, and then smirks at him, "You'd have more luck with that in your other form. And no. Don't.... don't try that, though petting and brushing are negotiable.. No, what I mean is that, while cold, sharp steel is nice, it's better with a magically honed edge and on fire.

"Vee," Kae whispers in their friends ear, "The toy."

Vee quickly realizes what they mean, and looking over their opposite shoulder, as if to view it, Kae then releases them. Vee stands there with their vae wings fluttering as Kae pulls the small sash over their shoulders and above their head, bringing the holodisk with it. With a 360 degree turn around, Vee takes the disk in their hands, and looks back up to the captain, gesturing to the holodisk as they speak.

"Toy show all. Come, you watch," Vee said with a physical gesture requesting the captain come down and join them in the grassy marshlands. Vee then turns around and set the holodisk on the ground, vae wings still fluttering slightly. Kae's eyes, however, never leave the captain, nor do their own vae wings move at all. The intensity of the strange creature is a bit frightening for them, and they are unwilling to take their eyes off what may become a dangerous individual in a hurry.

Waiting for the captain's arrival, Vee then pressed the button to activate the holodisk, and stands at a distance from him while it plays, keeping Kae in close proximity.

He didn't pay attention to her chest, he wasn't that kind of guy. "Of course, madam," he said before he sat back down
Adriannu (played by Katia)

Upon hearing Raven's reply, Adriannu quickly answered back with. "Wow, a talking cat and ok Raven, no more kitty." The fact that child so readily agreed to call her by her name likely helped to soothe the feline's ruffled fur. After staring at the black cat for a little longer in wonder, the catlike child went back to work cooking the pheasant. While cooking, she asked Raven a few questions showing that she had a curious nature. "May I ask how you can talk Raven? I never met a cat who could talk before or any animal for that matter. Have you met other talking animals?"

The child then seemed to hesitate before asking a more solemn question. "Is there a way to tell a cat that can talk from one that can't? It'd be nice to have someone to talk to again. I couldn't ask you to stay since I'm sure you have places to go and people to meet. However maybe there is another cat out there who is lonely and would be willing to be my companion."

During their talk, Raven was free to look Adriannu over for her shard, but wouldn't see a clay shard on her anywhere, though she did get an odd look from the girl because of the way she had been staring. Not too long after, the pheasant finished roasting and the cat child started blowing on it to cool it. Once it was cool enough to touch, she tore off a small strip of breast meat before offering it to Raven. "Want some?" Assuming she did, the child would set it down for her to eat before starting to eat herself.

In orbit:

"Sir, we have a serious problem," The magistrate's lawer sighs.

"Another one?" Drawls the magistrate, lounging in a chair, yet another stiff drink in hand, "Oh good, the sorceress trying to summon and bind an elder god wasn't enough, especially since that is an ambiguously legally legitimate reason for her actions, according to you."

"I'm aware of how frustrating it is, sir, but yes, actually two problems," she replies, trying to remain unpurtubed, "The first is that, well, I'm not sure if we can allow those soldiers to spread the word about what's happening. While bringing the whole population to bear against the sorceress would be helpful, we may be in violation of pre-mature contact if we allow that to happen. The other problem is that, erm.... a Leviathan has entered the system. It seems to be watching the activity on the planet while siphoning off the gas giant in orbit 6."

The magistrate blinks a few times, looking surprisingly pleased. While interfering with the Aurora girl was a vendetta that pitted him againt a frustrating opponent, these were much more enjoyable challenges for him to think through. He stopped time as his form began to manifest from the projector disk, as seen on the display in his chamber. He had written two thesis on chronomancy, and was much better at it than most. It made social functions so much more bearable when he could simply take a break without anyone noticing, too.

He had figured out..... a solution, at least. It would most certainly protect them from pre-mature contact, and may win him an interesting ally for a time....

He relaxed his mind, bringing as much of his willpower to bear as he could, and did his best to reach out.

"Grand Wanderer Among Stars, I hail you from the vessel in orbit around the inhabited world. I make an inquiry: For what do you hunger?"

He waited. He had heard that those beasts functioned independantly of time, but... oh, there it was. An overwhelming stream of thoughts assaulted his mind. "A new voice joins my mind, I love my cacophony " came the singsong mental voice of the moon-sized beast, "I will remember more of my thoughts. I like remembering. I remember having new thoughts, but then I had them all!" it rambles cheerfully.

The magistrate gritted his teeth. Holding the timestop and bearing this tsunami of thought was nearly impossible, but he needed to have a plan before his projection started talking.

"Your hunger! You have one, please focus on it for a moment," he replies against the mental current.

"So much hunger, but a sad hunger, the normal hunger. Why do I need to steal chances? I like seeing chances happen! The flurble as the timelines shleem is such a lovely smell, but to taste the smell goes away!" it glurms bleegfully.... no, no, not the true ideas, the magistrate wasn't the sorceress below, he wasn't going to survive understanding this thing. It sighed sadly, he insisted to himself.

"There is a way for the cake to bake itself as it is eaten," he shouts, feeling as though tendrils had begun to wrap his mind, "it will shed its delicious smells stronger than before!"

The Leviathan listened then, psionic tendrils releasing their grip as the eldritch creature remembered this plan for the first time...
She waved off to the warden "See you around." She says and follows after Neo. "So where to now? Food stands are all around too if that suits your fancy." She smiles very appreciative of what he did for her.

He nodded before walking past them, with the Spartan at his side

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Bloodied Shards IC (CLOSED!)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus