Skip to main content

Forums » Help » Character Slot Problem

Today I bought more character slots for my account, but they don't appear on it. It's been several hours now since I sent in a support ticket about it and had no response to it. How long does it take to have the character slots added? I wouldn't mind so much but I'd like to work on some new characters today. (And having paid for the character slots, it's a bit annoying that they aren't there.)
isavarg Topic Starter

Could this problem be sorted out for me, please? Having no response to it is ridiculous.
nightmqre

I don't know how long myself, but I can imagined it doesn't take very long.

Please understand that Kim is pretty much the only one who maintains everything of RPR and fixes bugs. She gets dozens a day, so it may take her several days to get to your report. It's a matter of being patient.
Odd question but did you activate the item for the slots? If I remember correctly it's a dragon's tooth and it goes into your inventory, and you have to actually use the item for the slots to apply, unless I'm wrong.
Pineapple wrote:
Odd question but did you activate the item for the slots? If I remember correctly it's a dragon's tooth and it goes into your inventory, and you have to actually use the item for the slots to apply, unless I'm wrong.

The character slot items you have to go into your inventory and use to get them to work. I have got two teeth myself, so once you use the item, the amount of characters you can have will be increased ^^
Rogue-Scribe

Arkav has it right! Once you buy a Dragons tooth or anything else, it goes into your inventory. You then go in to your dashboard and into your inventory and it will be there with two links under it.... ‘Use’ and ‘Display’ Click ‘Use’ and you will be asked if you’re sure, and you click ‘yes’ and your character slots are available and the tooth disappears.
isavarg Topic Starter

It doesn't say that it goes into the inventory when you buy it. It's the first time I've bought something on here. It should tell you where you go to activate it and really, I do expect a faster response than what I've got when I've paid money for something. Customer service is important, you know?
RPR is a fantastic, wonderful community. Kim (who practically runs the site alone, people should cut her some slack) and all the admins work very hard to keep the site running, so I'm sorry you feel this way. However, there's a ton a of articles to help you navigate and use the site next time you feel confused about something. They're available through the help-tab next to the search-box. Once you click that, there's even a convenient search-box to search within the help database. It's just a matter of learning how the site works; it's actually not that hard if you put some effort into learning.

For your convenience, here's a link to a help article about your inventory.

Here's also a character slots FAQ.
isavarg Topic Starter

I read the character slot faq, and the information about activating them isn't there. It just gives a lot of information about epic accounts and how character slots become un-editable when it runs out, and how to delete slots, and which slots will be effected (i.e. the ones created last). I do actually read the faqs. It's not my fault (or that of other users) if the information about activating the slots aren't on the page, or on the purchase page. When you just buy slots and they don't show up on your dash board, it looks like there's a problem with the software.

(Don't assume that people haven't bothered looking or are too lazy to learn. The fact is that confusion usually arises because the information isn't where it should be so people don't see it.)
Kim Site Admin

It looks like the bit about the inventory has already been addressed, so I'll skip past that and say: I'm sorry you had a confusing experience!

Although I agree that customer service is important, in my own defense; the RPR is a very small site, financially speaking. I have to work full time elsewhere. A payment of $15.00 can not entitle you to 24/7 responses from me. It is simply not physically possible. Yesterday I wasn't feeling very well and mostly just slept after work. I'm sorry that impacted you in a way that caused anxiety and annoyance (I don't mean this sarcastically, I really am.)

At the moment, the confirmation page contains a bit of an explanation:

store.PNG

However, you're not alone in missing those hints! They are indeed inadequate. In the new version of the RPR that I'm working on building, a follow-up PM that explains what to do with your items is also part of the planned build, but unfortunately isn't here yet. I hope that prevents similar confusion in future. :)
Kim beat me by a minute
Actually, it does. On the "Order Complete" page, it says that the item is sent to your inventory, and gives instructions on how to use it. Even provides a link directly to your inventory.

However, in the rush of the moment, it might be understandable that someone might overlook things. Hopefully this clears up all of the confusion and puts the matter to rest.
Rogue-Scribe

isavarg, When I posted, I assumed you read the clearly-written notification you get (what Kim posted) when you purchased your tooth. My apologies for assuming as much and trying to help. Have a Nice Day.

You are on: Forums » Help » Character Slot Problem

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus