Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » Do have anything you wished you'd finished?

I only got my 2 year associate degree someday I want to go back and graduate with a 4 year college degree.
I started caning an antique chair in about '98 or '99. It's about halfway finished. Pretty sure it's sitting in my grandpap's barn, still half done and with all the pegs in it, probably getting slowly ruined by time...
*sigh* College.
-stares over at the last two classes I need for my associate's degree-

Those...
LakotaSiouxWarrior wrote:
I only got my 2 year associate degree someday I want to go back and graduate with a 4 year college degree.

I did the same thing, I got my 2 year degree; I just recently graduated with my 4 year after 15 years of college (in and out)
I believe in you! You can do it!

I wish I tried one more time to become a State Park Peace Officer (A Ranger). I tried a few times but for various reasons I didnt make the cut. they only recruited once a year. Now I live in a whole new state and I dont know the procedure. Maybe I will try again.. maybe. but its a lot harder to get through law enforcement academies when your in your 30s; my body just isnt what it used to be xD
Mipps wrote:
LakotaSiouxWarrior wrote:
I only got my 2 year associate degree someday I want to go back and graduate with a 4 year college degree.

I did the same thing, I got my 2 year degree; I just recently graduated with my 4 year after 15 years of college (in and out)
I believe in you! You can do it!

I wish I tried one more time to become a State Park Peace Officer (A Ranger). I tried a few times but for various reasons I didnt make the cut. they only recruited once a year. Now I live in a whole new state and I dont know the procedure. Maybe I will try again.. maybe. but its a lot harder to get through law enforcement academies when your in your 30s; my body just isnt what it used to be xD
Congratulations. Good for you. Thank you for the encouragement.
Well I remembered I failed at least 2 of my academics and 2 of my art studio courses. At that point in University, I was at my down time and didn't want to do this anymore. But I shouldered on and I graduated as a Bachelor of Fine Arts :)

I still wished I hadn't failed those four courses. Wished I had just finished them and finished my schooling earlier.
I wish I'd finished developing social skills when I was like 2-6. XD I can't regret the rest though.


Look into Pell grants. People who want to go to college. Avoid loans, but apply for a Pell grant, if your income is not super high...it can pay quite a bit of your tuition (possibly all), and doesn't require repayment. The best way to get instructions is to go to the college or University itself and talk to a financial aid advisor. They're usually very friendly, and they can help you avoid scams.

In my opinion, online, for-profit universities are scams. Tuition is like 10 times cheaper when you go to a college or university inside the state and county (county, not country. County) where you live, not online to a distant one, even if they have a "brick and mortar" location. PS. This advice only applies to people in the US...I don't know how it works elsewhere.
I have so many WIP stories sitting in the digital cloud. I wish I could finish them all, but as they get older my motivation (and memory of where I was going with them) wanes... There’s only two or three that I’m absolutely determined to hold onto in one form or another, but the others all have cool concepts that I just don’t know what to do with. It’s more than a little depressing knowing that all the creativity and emotion I poured into them when I was younger is going to be essentially wasted as the fruits of my efforts gather virtual dust... I just have to remind myself that the journey matters as much as the destination, and that the act of writing what I did write of those stories helped me grow as a person and as a writer. So I guess it’s not all wasted, even though it feels like it sometimes.
Abigail_Austin wrote:
I wish I'd finished developing social skills when I was like 2-6. XD I can't regret the rest though.


Look into Pell grants. People who want to go to college. Avoid loans, but apply for a Pell grant, if your income is not super high...it can pay quite a bit of your tuition (possibly all), and doesn't require repayment. The best way to get instructions is to go to the college or University itself and talk to a financial aid advisor. They're usually very friendly, and they can help you avoid scams.

In my opinion, online, for-profit universities are scams. Tuition is like 10 times cheaper when you go to a college or university inside the state and county (county, not country. County) where you live, not online to a distant one, even if they have a "brick and mortar" location. PS. This advice only applies to people in the US...I don't know how it works elsewhere.


In my country it's free when you apply to public uni/ college there's small payment of 20 dollars per each additional faculty you take. You can get master, engineer or doctorate degree(ph.d)

There are external studies basically paid university which you attend either from monday to Friday or from friday to sunday (afternoon to night).

Price varies depending on how prestigious school is and how popular faculty is. It can be anywhere from 450$ per year to 8000$(that's for doctors) per year. Obviously you can choose various paying variants like in installments.

Other than that I have some stuff I don't remember and don't regret neglecting it.

Moderators: MadRatBird, Keke, Libertine, Auberon, Copper_Dragon, Sanne, Dragonfire, Heimdall, Darth_Angelus