Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » My best friend Molly

Hello all, I'm not sure if this should be in the right section but as of July 6, 2013 my dog was put down in the hospital. After spending 15 years of my life with her, I can tell you she was the sweetest dog you could ever have. She would never bite strangers, she was extremely loyal to everyone she met.

After a few months we realized that her sight was going away, she started bumping into chairs and tables, we just predicted she was going blind but she still seemed quite healthy for 15. A few months later she starts whining, we thought she just wanted attention until we found her outside, passed out on the ground, drooling and passing bowels. My mom quickly rushed her to the hospital as I heard the bad news over the phone, she has a tumor which they wouldn't be able to operate on.

Being an emotional mess, my mom decided it would be best to bring her home for one more night to say our goodbyes. Only an hour or so later, she starts having spastic movements which resulted in a seizure, we knew it was time for her to go back, it was the first time I saw my mom cry like that in a long time.

I just want you guys to know that she was an amazing dog like no other, she was loyal, funny, and just great to be around, she was my best friend.
A3wmUFH.jpg
RIP Molly

1999-2013
Love you and I'm sorry for your loss. <3 Molly seemed like an awesome dog with the best name ever. LOVE YOU FOREVERS.
Vikadine

I'm so sorry for your loss. Take care of yourself. :(
Doofus Topic Starter

Thank you guys, it really means a lot.
Dog

My condolences. :( R.I.P. Miss Molly.
Oh my goodness! I am so sorry for your loss!
My dog is named Molly and she is one of my very best friends.
I'm really sorry to hear about this, hun. It's gonna be hard, but you just need to carry on. I'm sure you'll see her again one day. <3
Xiphia (played anonymously)

I am so sorry to hear about this. I am all to aware of the kind of situation you endured. I too had a similar case with our own dog. I found comfort in reading the poem called "Rainbow Bridge". It helped me understand that when a pet dies, they aren't saying "goodbye" they are saying "see you later" and waiting for us on the other side. Below is the poem, read it, cherish it, share it with your mom. It helps bring a since of closure, again, I am terribly sorry for your lost! Best of luck!

Rainbow Bridge

"Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.

There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.

The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....
Good dogs never leave, really. And as long as you remember all the love you gave them, you should never feel shame or guilt if you eventually had to put them to rest.

Dogs are the most loyal pets I have ever known, and if I call on them in memory, they always come. <3
Sorry to hear :( She sounds like she was a great dog! <3 Such a cutie, I'm sure she'll be missed very much.
My condolences. She looks like a total sweetheart! I'm terribly sorry for your loss, but to have lived that long, I'm certain she was very loved & well taken care of. She must have had a very happy life thanks to you & your mother.
Kudos to you, & best wishes.
She's beautiful. :) I'm so sorry for your loss, though - it's never easy to lose a friend, animal or human. She looks so content in that photo though - like Libertine said, she was probably very loved and cared for. She seems like she was a very happy dog.

I'm not sure if saying anything will help, but try to keep in high spirits. :). If not for you, then to help your mom through this as well.

When my dog Cricket passed, I commemorated him with a tattoo so that he can forever be with me. It made it easier, sooo much easier. Maybe you could try commemorating Molly in some way? :).
PikaPika11

I'm sorry for your loss. I hope you feel better soon!

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » My best friend Molly

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus