Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Dragons: A Home (closed)

Arian815 Topic Starter

Twilight spoke up. "This is Eira." "Can she understand you like we can?" Dak asked. "And then some." Muttered Sunray.
"What's that supposed to mean?" Eira instantly rounded on Sunray, blue-green eyes narrowed and hands balled into fists. Eira was always more pron to negative reaction when nervous. She didn't noticed the surprised looks of the others when she responded, not in Norse, but in perfect Dragonese.
Arian815 Topic Starter

"Nothing but that you speak Dragonese instead of Norse." He pointed a wing at the other group.
Eira looked at the other group, seeing their surprise. She immediately pressed herself into Twilight, worried.
"Okay, so it's really cool you can do that, but how can you speak Dragonese?" Leyla asked, fascinated and curious.
Arian815 Topic Starter

Twilight sighed, glaring at Sunray. "I'll explain later." Newmoon wanted to say something it looked like, but wisely kept his mouth shut.
"What's with her?" Cutter asked. "Its not like we're gonna hurt her or anything."
Eira looked down. She knew he wasn't trying to be mean or rude, but she still felt bad for being do nervous.
Arian815 Topic Starter

Twilight's head whipped around to Cutter, who winced at the glare's intensity. "You try being raised by humans your whole life and not speaking Norse, and never having contact with dragons."
"Twi, its okay," Eira said, tugging lightly at his rounded head-spines. "He didn't mean anything by it."
"So you've had absolutely no contact with other humans until now?" Leyla asked. "How young were you when they took you in? Dak and I were about four or five." (Its never stated how old they were, but since they can still speak Norse quite well I would assume they would be about that age where it would've stuck with them in addition to having someone else there who speaks Norse)
Arian815 Topic Starter

"She was two or three. I think. I'm not a huge expert on human age." Twilight admitted. "It was difficult to even feed her at that age, whatever it was."

"You took care of her?" Summer asked. "I found her. She's my responsibility."
"A dragon mother found us," Leyla said. "So I guess we had an advantage there, just a bit. So, how old are all of you now? Dak and I are ten."
"I'm eight," Eira said.
Arian815 Topic Starter

"We're nine." Said Newmoon. "I'm ten. And spit it out Moon."

"This is why we call Eira Twilight's Hatchling. Even he does on occasion, but he did it a lot more when our parents were..." They looked down.
Eira hugged Twilight more. She saw the looks the others exchanged and the topic was let go. "Do you want a tour?" Leyla asked after a moment.
Rose (played anonymously)

Twi thought about it. "Not yet. I want to get more comfortable first. Moon and Sun, they may be fine, but Eira and I are not."
"Is there anything we can do to help you become more comfortable?" Leyla asked.

Eira had climbed back onto Twilight's back, where she felt safest.

"Maybe a tour around this area." Newmoon suggested.
Eira looked around the area they'd landed and noticed it was a Lighthouse. She was fascinated by all the stuff she saw.

Twilight examined a scorch mark. "This looks like a Plasma Blast..." Winger looked over. "That's my work, but we just call it a Blast. How'd you recognize it?" Twilight, Newmoon, and Sunray all shot Plasma Blasts into the sky.
"Come to think of it," Lelya said, closing her two brothers' jaws. "I don't think we've ever seen dragons like you before. What species?"
"Newmoon is a Night Fury, Twilight a Dusk Fury, and Sunray is a Light Fury. Dusk Furies are hybrids of Light and Night Furies," Eira explained.

Twilight nodded. "These two are adopted as well." Burple remembered something. "You said you were disabled. How? You don't have to answer." He added the last bit hastily. "It fine. I have a prosthetic tailfin. It's automatic. Eira snuck it out of this village because I need it to fly."
"No one really notices you at night when you're wearing dark clothes, have dark hair, are quiet, and are small," Eira smiled a bit. She was pretty proud of herself for have swiped the contraption. "Though, we had to move after that. We're a long while away from that village."

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Dragons: A Home (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus