Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » So I did a Thing Today....

Rogue-Scribe

I resigned from my job. It was outright. Usually I only have resigned because I had another job to start. I never in my life quit a job outright. But this job I took when we moved last March was a sh.... a crappy position. At first I could do what they told me it entailed, and I made some improvements to the processes, but they kept stacking on the duties. I could do them all in a workday, but none of them would be done well because there was a certain attention to detail to a lot of the duties that was required. Doing a halfass job isn't me. The stress it was causing me was taking a toll on my health and I would do things like stay up late because I knew if I went to sleep I'd wake up and have to go in. Then I would leave as late as possible to go in. I had a couple anxiety attacks going in to work and a few times I would call in sick because I was physically ill at the thought of going in. No job is worth it, so I handed in my resignation today. What it means is I have two more paychecks and I will be looking for some sort of work from now on. But the good thing is I feel so much lighter knowing it will be over November 15th.

I have to give big hugs to my regular RP writing partners for sticking with me through this rough stretch which has been for the most part most of 2019.
Did you go in with Johnny Paycheck blarin'? XD

Or maybe you're saving that one for November 15th?
Rogue-Scribe Topic Starter

Yeah naw... I'm trying to maintain good references :D
I wish you the best finding something better. :) Congrats on standing up for yourself.
I'm so proud of you for removing yourself from such a toxic situation/job! I hope you can find a new job easily enough. :)
Ayyy congrats on getting out of a bad workplace! I did the same last month when I came back from my vacation as the amount of walking around I did in such a large building was causing me a ton of pain in my ankles. Plus ontop of that they were cutting out the shift I was working and I didn't want to work on dayturn with them as I knew I'd have mental breakdowns with the amount of people I'd have to deal with. So I ended up moving to part time overnight work in a smaller place but it's so much better! I honestly don't even care that I'm making less than my previous job. I'd rather make less and not have to worry about pain or trying to keep myself from breaking down. That's worth more to me than any amount of money in the world
LakotaSiouxWarrior

Sending out prayers and good thoughts to you kaz. I'm only a PM away.
Please tell me you quit in style like Joey:

I already feel so much... lighter! :)
Good for you. Congrats.

Friday was my last day. The way I feel now compared to a month ago is like the difference between night and day. I’m so freakin’ relaxed now! Thanks everyone for your support!
👍
Novus

I had a similar experience at my last job, and I, too, escaped that place. I am glad you are feeling lighter and I hope you find something incredible. <3 :)

Novus wrote:
I had a similar experience at my last job, and I, too, escaped that place. I am glad you are feeling lighter and I hope you find something incredible. <3 :)

Thanks Novus. :)
Enjoying the time off for a bit.

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » So I did a Thing Today....

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus