Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » 🎵 Musicians - what instrument do you play?

Abigail_Austin wrote:
TheNightmareSavage wrote:
I play the classiest instrument imaginable, the baritone saxophone. I also play it's smaller cousin, the alto saxophone. Part time percussionist as well, and hoping to learn trombone.

Yep...very classy.

You've got yourself a one man jazz band in the making!

I certainly do! A very interesting one, but one nonetheless!
augh, I love music!

I joined my school band last year, and caught up to the 3rd years, playing my sweet alto sax. I absolutely love him and strive to be amazing.

I used to play piano, but was self taught and lost interest over the years. I can still play my basic chords, but I'm not a super human. now it stands against my desk. kinda lonely to be honest :(

i absolutely love guitar. I have an electric and an acoustic, and I'm saving up for a bass.
kinda scared to take lessons for them, so I learned how to play tabs and the intros to Avenged Sevenfold's and Five Finger Death Punch's songs.
as for acoustic, I absolutely love fingerstyle guitar. it's beautifully painful in a way. especially when you have to earn your callous's over and over again dx

I have this flute thing, but Idk what to play on it. there isn't a lot of music written for it cause it's Indian, so I just improvise :/

oof that's a lot of words. but I enjoy music! if I didn't play te alto sax, I'd prolly play the trumpet. those things are sexy.
Penholder wrote:
I've always wanted to learn how to play the violin. I've tried it once, and I was really, seriously awful at it. It's one of those things I'd like to learn before I die, but I'll spare my neighbors the pain for now, and wait until I live in a house so I can practice at home.
I took several different dance classes as I grew up, and was a competitive folk dancer (yes, that's a thing) in my teens. Every once in a while we would talk the musicians into letting us try their instruments, especially if we were on camps, and chaos would ensue.

I did once when I was a smol child. I never practiced like ever cos all through the house you could hear the ear piercing screeches of twinkle twinkle little star.
yea, it was bad.
The

DazzlingDragon wrote:
I used to play the clarinet, then later the trombone. Never was any good at either and I quit instruments after my 3rd year of high school, but I do love to sing. I'm the kind of person to start singing- and not quietly- in the middle of a conversation because the other person said something that reminded me of a song I love, or because some lyrics just went *poof* into my head.

Nobody cares that I do this so far but my sister; it annoys the crap out of her.

As her sister, I would not recommend the random breaking out into song. Life isn’t a musical, and she’s right. It is incredibly annoying.

That being said, I play flute and piccolo. I used to play saxophone but I haven’t picked it up in years. A little bit if singing in the car, too.
The wrote:
DazzlingDragon wrote:
I used to play the clarinet, then later the trombone. Never was any good at either and I quit instruments after my 3rd year of high school, but I do love to sing. I'm the kind of person to start singing- and not quietly- in the middle of a conversation because the other person said something that reminded me of a song I love, or because some lyrics just went *poof* into my head.

Nobody cares that I do this so far but my sister; it annoys the crap out of her.

As her sister, I would not recommend the random breaking out into song. Life isn’t a musical, and she’s right. It is incredibly annoying.

That being said, I play flute and piccolo. I used to play saxophone but I haven’t picked it up in years. A little bit if singing in the car, too.

Life is what you make it. If I want to make my life a musical, then you betcha tail I’m gonna make it a musical. :3
Considering my mom taught piano professionally and taught me from ages 2-15, I should know how to play the piano better. But I guess I was never invested in it? Cause I haven't practiced in a year and I don't know if I could play much anymore.

I tried the violin during that time as well, which lasted for like three years. And I was proficient on the recorder (lmao) from ages 4-10.

Now I have a drum set and I think it's the instrument I'm best at, but I'm finding I learn better with a teacher so I need to find one XD
Cass Moderator

I'm a singer~!

I also play guitar (acoustic preferred but I learned some electric songs to 'shred it' bahaha), usually just some simple strumming to back-up my vocals and a handful of songs I can play decently well with finger-picking and fancy stuff.

I play some violin, but it's a cheap one so the sound quality is terrible and that fact alone means I don't like playing it. So I don't.

I play some piano -- I seem to have a good memory for the keys versus reading sheet music here. So I can come-up with mirroring songs pretty well (by sound) with chords and letting my fingers go-over the individual keys too.

:)
Abigail_Austin Topic Starter

Neat! Lol @ the two sisters. Neat to learn this about all of you.
Abigail_Austin Topic Starter

Cass wrote:
I'm a singer~!

I also play guitar (acoustic preferred but I learned some electric songs to 'shred it' bahaha), usually just some simple strumming to back-up my vocals and a handful of songs I can play decently well with finger-picking and fancy stuff.

I play some violin, but it's a cheap one so the sound quality is terrible and that fact alone means I don't like playing it. So I don't.

I play some piano -- I seem to have a good memory for the keys versus reading sheet music here. So I can come-up with mirroring songs pretty well (by sound) with chords and letting my fingers go-over the individual keys too.

:)

I listened to Eden, and the song from Aladdin. :) đź‘Ťđź‘Ť Right on.

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » 🎵 Musicians - what instrument do you play?

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus