Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » 🎵 Musicians - what instrument do you play?

Fell-san

I try to play a harmonica I call the harmonica of mischief cause I only play the highest note to piss people and make dogs bark
Lol sounds like something one of my friends would do. XD I also wanted to learn the piano. Mainly to learn how to play piano versions of rock and metal songs. And quite a few video game osts. (Original sound tracks for the people didn't know what it stood for.)
Abigail_Austin Topic Starter

Novus wrote:
Abigail_Austin wrote:
Novus wrote:
giphy.gif
(actual footage of me in high school marching band... kidding)

Whenever I was in middle/high school, I was a very proud first-chair trumpeter. I was able to hold a note for 30+ seconds as well as reach ones that were far off of the staff. I'm normally a very humble person, but I was just that good.

However, that was many moons ago, and said trumpet is sitting in the back of my closet. Out of sheer curiosity, I recently brushed the dust off (quite literally) and made an attempt at something but the resulting sound was similar to that of a pained walrus.

So.

Hehe! Congrats. And Awww. Well I dunno what I'd sound like on a clarinet these days either. ;)
Perhaps you should attempt and record it. And share it. For science. :P

Hahaha.

Well. You too, then. :p

If I ever get another clarinet I totally will.

....for science!

alwaystheOptimist wrote:
I play the piano, the viola and I'm learning the guitar. :)

Neato! I think you're the first string instrument player that's said something on here.

TheNightmareSavage wrote:
I play the classiest instrument imaginable, the baritone saxophone. I also play it's smaller cousin, the alto saxophone. Part time percussionist as well, and hoping to learn trombone.

Yep...very classy.

You've got yourself a one man jazz band in the making!

Claire143 wrote:
I play the flute and have been playing for almost 10 years! I've always wanted to learn either the piano or the violin and slowly I'm experimenting with the piano. My flute is an absolute dinosaur that I could never bear to part with though. Currently, it's in the shop getting some much-needed repairs which makes me realize how much I love it (the shop gave me a loaner but we don't vibe well. Anyone else play their instrument so much it almost develops a persona or am I just crazy?

Aw...that's neat. I can imagine it. Because every instrument is bound to be a little different, even if made at exactly the same place.

RimCaster wrote:
So far I'm playing on my vocal cords, in future I would like to learn how to play piano and guitar.

Edit: I play on the nerves too.

Vocal chords are instruments too 👍👄🎤

Fastgirl01 wrote:
I've been playing trombone for about 7 years now for my school band but I'm still definitely not an expert at it. I would love to learn how to play the guitar. I actually have my own guitar; I just don't have the time or motivation to sit down and teach myself how to play.

I like the way trombones sound. Same, on the guitar thing.

Fell-san wrote:
I try to play a harmonica I call the harmonica of mischief cause I only play the highest note to piss people and make dogs bark

XD
I've always wanted to learn how to play the violin. I've tried it once, and I was really, seriously awful at it. It's one of those things I'd like to learn before I die, but I'll spare my neighbors the pain for now, and wait until I live in a house so I can practice at home.
I took several different dance classes as I grew up, and was a competitive folk dancer (yes, that's a thing) in my teens. Every once in a while we would talk the musicians into letting us try their instruments, especially if we were on camps, and chaos would ensue.
RimCaster wrote:
_KittyKat_ wrote:
RimCaster wrote:
So far I'm playing on my vocal cords, in future I would like to learn how to play piano and guitar.

I sing as well! What kinds of songs do you sing?

Something slow and with simple lyrics considering english is my second language. Sometimes it works out, sometimes it doesn't. It's hit and miss.

Cool :) What genre of music do you like?
Rogue-Scribe

I was looking for a recording I had of the jam I mentioned on page 1. Along with my friend’s decent drumming and lead guitar, we had my vocals and crappy bass playing doing War Pigs... but I was unsuccessful so far.
I used to play the clarinet, then later the trombone. Never was any good at either and I quit instruments after my 3rd year of high school, but I do love to sing. I'm the kind of person to start singing- and not quietly- in the middle of a conversation because the other person said something that reminded me of a song I love, or because some lyrics just went *poof* into my head.

Nobody cares that I do this so far but my sister; it annoys the crap out of her.
I wouldn't call myself a musician per say, but, I've played the alto saxophone for 8 years in middle school/high school band...I want to learn guitar, though?
I have been playing the piano for about six or seven years now! My mom says I'm naturally talented in it, but I really don't know about that. Maybe one day I'll be in a competition :D
ALTY_Heave wrote:
I have been playing the piano for about six or seven years now! My mom says I'm naturally talented in it, but I really don't know about that. Maybe one day I'll be in a competition :D

Anyone who is passionate enough to play music is talented in their own way you know ahah.
I really hope you try competitions, it’s always stressing, but it’s so rewarding and formative. You can make a lot of contacts in competitions and learn a lot 😊

I’m going to try my first competition next March as a soloist. It’s exciting and terrifying at the same time 😱
RimCaster

_KittyKat_ wrote:
RimCaster wrote:
_KittyKat_ wrote:
RimCaster wrote:

I sing as well! What kinds of songs do you sing?

Something slow and with simple lyrics considering english is my second language. Sometimes it works out, sometimes it doesn't. It's hit and miss.

Cool :) What genre of music do you like?

Singing? Rock/Metal/Pop & ballads.

ShadowWeaver wrote:
I was looking for a recording I had of the jam I mentioned on page 1. Along with my friend’s decent drumming and lead guitar, we had my vocals and crappy bass playing doing War Pigs... but I was unsuccessful so far.

Hope you find it. I would get a kick out of hearing your vocals!
Jence wrote:
ALTY_Heave wrote:

Anyone who is passionate enough to play music is talented in their own way you know ahah.
I really hope you try competitions, it’s always stressing, but it’s so rewarding and formative. You can make a lot of contacts in competitions and learn a lot 😊

I’m going to try my first competition next March as a soloist. It’s exciting and terrifying at the same time 😱

Awesome! I wish you good like, dude! :)

Penholder wrote:
I've always wanted to learn how to play the violin. I've tried it once, and I was really, seriously awful at it. It's one of those things I'd like to learn before I die, but I'll spare my neighbors the pain for now, and wait until I live in a house so I can practice at home.
I took several different dance classes as I grew up, and was a competitive folk dancer (yes, that's a thing) in my teens. Every once in a while we would talk the musicians into letting us try their instruments, especially if we were on camps, and chaos would ensue.

Hehe... :) Chaos...I'll bet. Folk dancing is neat...I love seeing it at the Renaissance Festival and heritage festivals of different kinds (Wurstfest, etc).

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » 🎵 Musicians - what instrument do you play?

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus