Skip to main content

Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » SciFi RPG: Interstellar Wayfarers (CLOSED)

Other characters (played by EonRising)

"Feel free to come along, Captain Nicoli," Captain Felix smiled at the Russian and led him to another elevator which led up to the command room.
"What's the situation, Trayton?"
"they've sent a gunship towards the ship," she answered, "The hangar bay doors are sealed shut still."
"Good, hail the gunship."

Captain Felix's voice came up inside of the gunship.
"Deactivate all of your weapons systems immediately or we will not allow you to board our ship."
The carnage below...

The man in charge down below on the planet wasn't exactly in a good state. He had been wounded during the fighting, and now directed the advance of his men from the Carrier Yorktown, a massive ship that docked on the ground. It was on of the few and rare ships that could carry hundreds of thousands of soldiers, many many fighters, and even a smaller ship.

He was examining the maps, the radar, scanners, everything, trying to get a readout of the enemy's next move. They were winning, but they were loosing men like flies. They only had a few hundred thousand left. The Captain, though, would not bring good news.

"Sir, I received a transmission from the Valhalla, sir. They order us to stop what we are doing and for the man in charge to come aboard," The captain said. He was young, but good. The General liked him.

The man in charge, General Crefous, was a high ranking member of the General Staff of HRA, the political and military leaders of The Empire. He had the look, the feel, and experience of the Fuhrer who was in charge of the system, but the rank of a simple General of the Army. He wore a brown and green trench coat with his rank, medals and name on it, but that was all that was extra. The rest was standard officer uniform.

"Captain, give them our reply. Fire off 12 Valkarie Anti Ship missiles, shoot off three Hellraiser Cannons twice, and while they are airborne, tell them to go screw themselves!" Crefous ordered, and looked generally pleased with himself. Loudly, and off in the distance, he could hear the sound of the massive 60 inch guns firing into the air, a salvo of three, pause, three. Then the screech of the Valkaries as they took to the skies.

The FLaK tanks and AI/ATanks were readying their missiles and assault cannons, or mini-=guns with autocannon rounds in them. If air support or air drop was tried, they might find a little surprise in store.

In the cold depths of uncaring space...

The pilot flipped a few switches, turning off the offensive weaponry, but keeping the defensive items online, but professionally hidden, and moved forward slightly. It was standard that every man in the pilot's seat was well trained, but more so now that there was a Field Marshal aboard.

"This is Thunderhawk Gunship Alpha, heading for Bay Door 1. We are carrying precious cargo. Weapons offline. Requesting permission to dock,"

Ascrith waited. Perhaps this would be eventful.

"There will be a squad of our marines waiting for you upon landing. Unless you draw your weapons first, we mean you no harm," Captain Felix responded, "Thunderhawk Gunship Alpha, you are clear to land. Bay door are opening. If our sensors read that your weapons are back online, we will shoot you down."
As the captain finished speaking, a blue light flickered across the door, the atmos-shield. There was a loud groan as the massive metal doors slid open, revealing the hanger bay which led all the way to the other side of the ship, but only this one door was opened.
"Would you like to go meet our guest, Captain?" Felix looked to Nicoli, though he knew the answer would be yes. "Let's get moving to the hanger then."

As promised, there was a group of about 20 Marines waiting in the hanger, weapons down but obviously these men were well trained and would be firing at the gunship within a half a second if anything went bad.
Dmitri came out of a door to the side of the ship and walked towards the zone where the gunship was designated to land. He stood patiently at the exit doors and looked at his men, giving them a curt nod as they stood at attention but didn't drop their guard.
"Roger that, going in. Clear landing pad," The pilot said, and began to bring the Gunship in for landing. The bay doors did open, but in space, no one could hear them, no matter how loud they were in an atmosphere, in a place where there was no medium, sound would not reach them from the outside, if there was any.

They passed through the grand doors, and landed on the inside, the massive landing gear moving forward to touch the ground, and the giant fighter engines screaming, then dying out. The systems shut down, and the massive fighter's bay doors in the front slammed down, letting out pure oxygen.

Four massive, eight foot tall, giants of men walked out of the Gunship. These were Captain Lysander, Field Marshal Ascrith, and his guards. The guards held two Storm Bolters with drum clips, and large bowie knives in their belts. Lysander had a thunder hammer on his back, and a pair of Bolt Pistols. Ascrith had his might sword, Death's Nemesis, and his gun, a Storm Bolter, God's Warrior, that looked like a Thompson, had the same amount of rounds as one, stock and all.

Behind them was a squadron of five tech marines, and their servitors. They were all prepared for the challenges they might face.

"Generalfeldmarschall Ascrith Taranis of the SS of The Communistic Empires of HRA. And who do I have the pleasure of meeting?"
Cigol Nikephoros (played by Alonzo) Topic Starter

((OOC: I must say gents, this is getting exciting!))

Captain Nikoli stood next to Captain Felix and watched as their new guests arrived. The commanding officer was immediately noticeable, as he came down the ramp, alongside his guardsmen. Lt. Colonel Follox grew extremely tensed and made sure to position himself next to the Captain. He could see the genetically modified marine, running combat scenarios in his head, preparing himself to react in any manner possible to protect his charge. Dr. Lucas Rodden managed a hand on his shoulder, and caught the cold, hawkish glare of the marine snap to him. The Doctor merely gave him a reassuring pat, and Follox, softened just a bit in reassuring understanding.

The Field Marshall was larger than Captain Nikoli realized, and he knew why he carried himself in such a way, and had quite the pompous attitude.

"Generalfeldmarschall Ascrith Taranis of the SS of The Communistic Empires of HRA. And who do I have the pleasure of meeting?"

"Captain Nikoli, Valhalla, and Coalition Alliance authority in this sector of space," gritted through his teeth as he begrudgingly held out his hand for a shake. "You have quite a way to ask for a meeting Field Marshall."

The Valhalla trailed about 10 minutes behind the response squadron they had recently deployed. They neared the planet, when alarms began to sound and Liala's digitized voice chirped onto the speakers.

"Warning, detected 12 signatures moving immediately on our position. Scanners detect, traces of explosive materials. We have been fired upon."

"Confirmed!" yelled out Lieutenant Nai'ti. "They seem to be anti-ship missiles!"

Commander Cigol was actually surprised. The enemy appeared to have left a few resources to stave off a light counter attack. "Initiate evasive maneuvers and get our defense screens on them. Have the response squadron try to pick them off as they pass by, and deploy the standby squadron."

The orders went out and they were dealt with.

The squadron Cigol had deployed before, went surging toward the planet, just as the anti-ship missiles came streaking by. The 7 craft squadron, released a fury of precision missiles aimed at them and continued onward to their initial mission.

A few of their missiles managed to find their targets, smashing into the large weapons and turning them into space debris. The missiles that didn't find their targets, immediately blew up as a safety precaution. Having gotten the first line of defense, out of the 9 left, the anti-ship missiles, surged onward to the now evading Valhalla, their single minded task of destroying the target at the forefront of their programing.

The Valhalla/Liala jammed the ECW/EECW to maximum and suddenly began to let loose a torrent of defensive fire, its flak cannons, laying down a shield of suppressive fire as the missiles began to close in. The other squadron that was no deploying came to meet the missiles head on, while evading their own friendly fire. Together, they managed to take out another three missiles, leaving only six left.

As the gap began to close, the next line of defense came on line, the defensive laser clusters. They spun out of their inactive positions and began to shoot in the dark abyss toward the killer weapons.

The Valhalla fought like it was at his last breath, sending ever ounce of fire to the missiles. They managed. Soon it was only five missiles left.

Then four.

Three.

Two.

"Commander! Picking up six additional signatures heading toward us a ballistic course!" called out Nai'ti.

"Evade them," the Commander ordered.

"We are unable to Commander, they will impact," Liala said, strain heard slightly in her voice.

"The last missile has broken through!" reported Nai'ti.

The anti-ship missile and the large pieces bullets smashed into the Valhalla's shields. The plume and bright light from the explosion, nearly blinded the pilots and caught two of them in the blast. The shock frames on most of the crews chairs had activated and they were rattled in their chairs.

"Starboard shields down to 87%, ventral shields at 67%," called out Lt. Nai'ti."That was quite a heavy welcome Commander."

"Indeed Lieutenant," responded Commander Cigol as he looked over the damage reports.

They weren't extremely bad but they were still bad, and he couldn't have them shooting at him from the planet.

"Navigator, disregard previous orders. Obviously they have surface to space missiles. Get us positioned on the polar north, high planetary orbit, and slightly on the other side of the hemisphere. Ty, new orders for the Response Squadron, get them to approach from the far side of the colony, by the south, and have them take out their surface to space missiles when they are pinpointed."

Ty nodded and was about to get to work, when he saw an incoming message. "Commander, we've a message planet side, not from the colonials. Audio only."

"Go screw yourselves!"

Commander Cigol rose a brow and turned to Communications Officer Ty. "Was that all of the transmission?"

Ty looked over his data, and stammered, "Uh...yes...yes sir. Appears so."

"Very well," nodded Commander Cigol. "Lieutenant Nai'ti. Have tubes 1 - 8 prepared with the EMP missiles. Then have 9 - 16 prepared with our bunker busters. And 17 - 24 prepared with our Foxfire ECM missiles. Please launch two of each at your earliest discretion, when we have learned the source of that transmission."

"Yes sir," the Chief Tactical officer responded.

"Intelligence Officer Briten...?"

"We're still working things out Commander," the Intelligence Officer snapped. "We're getting loads of information here. Including the discovery of a few of their craft on parked on the ground."

"That information would've been nice-"

"A few moments ago," Briten finished. Yes Commander I KNOW, but I only just received and verified it a moment ago."

"Change of target Commander?" Nai'ti asked.

Commander Cigol shook his head. "No. Simply deploy an extra of each toward the largest of their craft."

And with that, there was no discussion.

A few years ago, a few would've balked at the calm, cold, ruthlessness at which the Commander seemed to operate. Mix in his background with the intelligence department, C.A.I.N, and it seemed like nothing by no good and bad blood.

But that was a few years ago. When things were different. The crew of the Valhalla, had learned many a hard lessons over the years.

And one was that, sometimes, the methods of Commander Cigol Nikephoros, Executive Officer of the Valhalla was just what they needed to get them out alive.
((Remember the Yorktown. Remember her crew.))

"Captain Nikoli, it is a pleasure to meet you. I hate to meet you on such... horrible circumstances. Really is a shame. But you must tell me about yourself. Tell me, how long have you been a Captain of your grand ship?" Ascrith shook his hand gently, like the gentleman he was, but still remained the warrior he was bred to be.

The Yorktown

"WE HIT THEM!" The men cheered wildly as they saw the explosions from the shots that they fired, but they knew it wasn't over. They had only wounded a battleship. Wounded it badly, yes, but still, it had payloads of their own. "Sir! Missiles coming in! They're broadsiding us!"

The alarms blared as the missiles filled the skies. Men scrambled to get to their battle stations, and they realized that they had to get airborne. But first, their defenses. They filled the skies with 88mm automatic FLaK, smashing into the missiles with immense force. Anti missile defenses shot into the air, screaming to kill them.

But it would do little good. There was EMP missiles going through the FLaK, bunker busters, and Foxfires. As the massive ship got airborne, half of all the missiles slammed into key parts of the massive ship, her shields not even responding. The engines cut, and she, only 1,000 feet in the air, slammed headfirst into the ground, shattering apart.

The force ruptured her engines, sending the nuclear power plants far beyond their capacity for abuse. She blew, right down the middle. There was a flash of blinding light, no air, no breeze, no heat. Then it all ended with the massive explosion that was the force of 100 nuclear weapons. She was too far gone.

The Bismarck

"Mayday! Mayday! Mayday! M-" The comms screeched, and they could hear the last voices of the Yorktown die in hell fire as she ripped apart from the explosions. They stared at each other in disbelief that such a massive super power would be laid low by such a bombardment. They knew what they had to do. The message was sent to Ascrith, who also stared in disbelief, and dropped his hands, staring at the man. He was sad, then angry, but amazed. The Bismarck shifted her course to move towards the Valhalla.

"Picking up detonations near target Sir. I believe-"

Commander Cigol rose from the captain's chair, eyes locked on the large bright mass that now encompassed the colony.

"Lieutenant Briten, finish your report," the XO said, not a trace of emotion betrayed.

". . . the large craft we detected was hit Commander," Briten reported sullen. "We believe there was some sort of containment failure. The ship exploded with the force of nearly 100 nuclear weapons. Estimate 70% of the colony destroyed from the initial blast. 20% from the shockwave."

No one could pull their eyes away from their screens. No one wanted to, in fear that they'll meet the Commander's.

Cigol simply stood, watching the dark blot that was formerly the colony of Calypso.

"Navigator, prepare to swing us by the planet to begin the deployment of support ships and commence Search and Rescue, along with a clean sweep of resisting hostiles. This extends to all persons on the planet. Then set a course for the Lagrange Point 3 so we may analyze the SatComm nearby. Radio silence and stealth mode until otherwise," Commander Cigol ordered, as he headed toward the lift. "I will be in the Strategic Briefing Room. Mr. Ty you have the watch. Notify me when the teams have been deployed and we are at the point."

There was no acknowledgment. No response. Nothing except silence, as he left the command deck.

"Over seven years, Marshall," Captain Nikoli stated, eyes locked with the large man. "And what circumstances do you mean? Besides your forceful, high handed attempt at boarding this ship?"

"Captain, that ship is pulling away," Major Wills chirped on the radio, still inside the shuttle. "And nothing from the Valhalla yet."

Captain Nikoli saw the shift in the Marshall's face and grew suspiciously curious as to why. "Why is your ship pulling away Field Marshall? I hope you're not planning to do anything to the Time Dancer..."

Nikoli this time gave his own show of command authority and his eyes locked onto the military commander, like primed missiles. He thought something was off with Captain Felix, but this guy, was something else.
"Do you know what my 1st Lieutenant sent me? He told me 'Remember the Yorktown,'. Do you know what that is? That is our fleet's first, and second largest, Super carrier. It just went critical after being fired upon by the Valhalla. My Battle Barge is leaving to avenge the Yorktown and her two million man crew that was stationed there. I hope you are feeling lucky, Captain, because I sure as hell am not in the mood for this," Ascrith stared the man down, now growing angrier.

But who was he to take his anger out on this man? Well, for one, he was a crazy person when angry. And to prove that, he would do something rather horrible. But only when this man spoke. This was war, damn it. He knew what he had to do. But he really couldn't blame too many people about it.

The Bismarck had made its way into scanner range, and detected trace residue from debris, explosions, and guns that had been fired off. They couldn't see the Valhalla, but they had an idea of where she would be. They sent out the scouts, searching for the ship.

Captain Felix listened with curiosity and worry as it got a bit more heated. "Fiels Marshall, I Assure you that the Valhalla and her crew would do nothing unless they were fired upon first..." he said assuringly, "No need to get drastic... But, if you do intend to do anything to my ship..." he pressed a button on his shoulder.
"Commander Wright, please activate all defensive equipment and prepare the guns but do not, I repeat do not fire anything unless fired upon."
"Sir, if there is a fight, Atlas may become irreparably damaged," came a warning response.
"Give Atlas a 75% atmos concentration then."
"Yes sir. Atmos shields are online."
With that, Felix turned back to the Field Marshall, "With all due respect sir, I highly recommend you leave our ship in peace."
"I am not leaving this ship. Not until I see the cargo. That's right, I have reason to believe that you may be helping these people, and I want to see that cargo. NOW. You shoot, be prepared to die, because with one shot, I can rupture the hull, and suck all the atmosphere out of here before you can say 'mommy', and I won't feel a damn thing with my helmet on, so once again, where is the cargo?" Ascrith asked, holding his helmet in one hand. It was a skull helmet, or a helmet shaped to resemble a skull. Only given to very high ranking officers who killed many enemies.

Lysander knew what was going on, and ordered all to battlestations. The commander in charge of the Bismarck, Colonel Breask, knew what to do. He ordered all gun ports opened, all guns loaded. There was a loud blaring noise as the gun operators rushed about, the klaxons flashing. Everyone in the gun bays had a suit on, and the artificial gravity there was working overtime.

Massive 75 inch shells were picked up by massive cranes, helped out by specialized mechs who were loading the guns up. In twenty seconds, the Bismarck stood anything but undefended. Her lance batteries, turrets composed of one plasma, one massive energy weapon, and two 24 inch guns, pointed themselves at the Time Dancer. Half of all the 800mm turrets also turned their guns towards the Time Dancer, and the missile launchers were loaded up.

The void shields crackled to life, bringing up three layers of hard force fields that in an atmosphere, would've crackled loudly if touched. The Bismarck's fighters began getting ready to launch to get ahold of the enemy.

"Sir! We found them! The Valhalla!" The 1st Lieutenant shouted, looking away from the screen. Colonel Breask looked out into the cold space, turned, and anger in his eyes, looked at the Gunning Officer.

"Kill the Valhalla bastards! Fire the weapons!" He shouted. The ship moved, turning broadside at the Valhalla, and aiming her massive cannons. Five large shells shot through space, their guns already loading up more shells. The 800mm turrets shot out, three rounds per turret, reload, three more. 5 EMP Anti Shield missiles were shot into the sky, and 12 Anti Ship missiles were locked on. It was a sight to see. The Valhalla would need desperate help now.

((OOC: We're in deepspace, little less than half a light year from the colony, how can the Bismarck attack both ships at the same time? O.O))

"My ship, would not do anything unless her or her charge are threatened," the Captain gritted. "But it appears you have already made up your mind about the situation. As I told you, shoot at this ship and it'll constitute an attack against the Coalition Alliance."

Captain Nikoli braced himself against those furious eyes once again, his own fury raging inside. Who the hell was this man to come demanding things not under his authority. And how dare he blame the Valhalla for any act of savagery.

Lt. Colonel Follox murmured something barely audible in his radio, and kept his eyes sharp of the situation. Captain Nikoli had noticed that he edged forward him slightly, but it was a thought that quickly left his mind. He knew the marine wouldn't do anything rash unless told so.

Dr. Stratos looked understandably nervous, borderline panicky. He was not use to this close and tense combat situations, despite the many years he was stationed on the Valhalla. Dr. Lucas Rodden on the other hand seemed content. The old man, was a war doctor, having seen more death then surely anyone in the room. If anyone got hurt, he'd respond. His own crew of course first, but still he'll render aid where ever.

"Upload complete Commander," reported Briten as the data flowed on his screens. "Analyzing the SatComm's data now."

Commander Cigol Nikephoros simply nodded, as he looked at the relay on the holodisplay.

"Commander, the Support Teams report they are entering the planet's atmosphere and receiving heavy defensive fire. Response Squadrons are moving in to cover them," reported Communication's Officer Ty.

There was nothing more said, the only noise on the command deck was the slight murmur of personal, and machines doing their work.

Intelligence Officer Briten, reviewed the data in a skim on his screen. There was an alert and he switched over to another. With passive scanners, there was only so much he could do, but the notice he was given and the big blip that just appeared spoke volumes.

"Commander! Something is blowing up our scanners and lighting up the entire place," reported Lt. Briten.

"Hostile projectiles incoming!" yelled Lt. Nai'ti.

Commander Cigol calmly sat in the captain's chair and analyzed his screens. "Bring us out of stealth mode and activate defensive measure. Navigator, prepare for FTL jump, and plot a course to head back to the Time Dancer.

"Commander? We just can't leave our people here!" Lt. Nai'ti said in disbelief.

Commander Cigol rose a brow and turned to the tactical officer. "We are drawing them away from our people Lieutenant. I suspect, that ship will be coming directly for us."

The Commander turned back to the viewscreen effectively ending the conversation.

"Commander, though we have managed to station ourselves at a suitable Lagrange Point for activation of jump drive, the shields will momentarily lapse and it will take a few minutes longer," said Liala's digital avatar.

"I am aware. Commence with the jump. Have power from shields diverted to engines and jump drive. All defensive fire focus in a 45 degree angle toward the target. Have tubes 8-24 launch a combination of FoxFire and Dragonfire decoy missiles. Liala, please continue with our cyberwarefare."

"Should I target the-"

"No Lieutenant," Cigol cut in. "Defensive measures only. We must be absolutely sure of who it is and put a bit of distance between us."

The tactical officer begrudgingly followed orders. She trusted the Commander, trusted him very much. But she didn't like the touch and go method he was using now. Those civilians were savagely murdered, killed by these animals, and its only fair that they get their due justice if responsible.

The Valhalla was already sending forth laser and flak fire, filling the void, before she began to spit out her missiles on her starboard side toward the incoming projectiles. Valhalla/Liala, was already wrecking havoc with the missiles' electronic suite, causing them to randomly lose a lock on the ship. Most of them managed to reacquire, but 2 of them, were so far twisted, they ended up locking onto the SatComm relay instead. The Coalition Battleship was already far away from the SatComm, that the missiles were simply too far gone to catch here. They both slammed into the the relay, first a blue glow, sending EM waves pulsing through it, then a larger white orange blast, vaporizing the satellite.

The other missiles continued onwards, their programming eager to be completed. The Vahalla's own missiles were closing in for the meeting; the decoys and ECM/ECCM flares going rampant when they detected the hostile projectiles in range. Their own programming initiated and they went jinking and junking all over the place in an attempt to detour those homing in on their electronic master.

The electronic mish-mash was hazing and confusing to the 17 Anti-Ship and EMP missiles nearing the target. They had yet to reach the flak and laser screen, but they were closing in onto the Foxfires and Dragonfires. Their electronic brains seemed to scream in confusion, agony and frustration as targets appeared and disappeared, or they went blind and deaf momentarily. Another 4 missiles succumbed to the defensive measures and went hurling off course toward imaginary targets or sudden died and blew up in what appeared to be a fit of rage.

"13 targets left Commander," Nai'ti said aloud, more to herself than anyone, as beads of sweat rolled down her cheek and her hands flew over her panel. "They are reaching the flak screen."

"Locking in coordinates Commander. FTL is almost ready," said Liala.

Commander Cigol's eyes remained lock and focused on the data. They were going to cut it close and he knew it.

The 13 remaining missiles surged onward, through the storm, as shrapnel burst in a defensive sequence toward them. The flak screen was intense, as shards of splinting metal filled the space in between and tried to reach out and strike. An antiship missile got the unfortunate path directly into a flak burst, and exploded. Another was side blasted by a flak burst, and sent spiraling off course, with its internal electronics damaged. The flak screen continued and tried to stay with them, but after a few moments, the 4 remaining EMP and 7 remaining Anti-ship missile finally made it through, only to meet the next defensive layers.

The Valhalla's laser clusters kicked into their primary mode and began to once again viciously lick out toward the missiles. It wasn't as easy as it sound with these lightspeed weapons, combining in a target that was evading, the time lag, and the ship it was on, evading to,saw to a lot of power going into analyzing and anticipation. Even still, they stuck to their programing, sending forth their beams to pick and peak at the missile charges and get them to detonate earlier.

In all respects, this would be the last defensive line. Yes the shields could possibly blunt the force and severity of damage, but that changed when they were about to make a jump. The timing had to be right. If not, a lot of lives would be lost.

"The defensive lasers are active and taking them out Commander!"

"Send out an encrypted message to Calypso notifying them of the situation. And another to the Time Dancer."

The tension was at an all time high. The shields WILL go down, but it was all on timing. The jump had to happen soon, if they were going to escape those missiles.

"Get ready to jump in five....

"9 missiles left..."

"four..."

"Seven missiles..."

"Three"

"Six missiles..."

"Two...

"Five missiles left! They've broken through the laser defenses!"

"Shields down..."

"Jump!"

Everything happened all so fast.

Five of the enemies' missiles had managed to break through. The Valhalla's defensive measures worked valiantly to stave off the remainder, clipping another one. However, her shields were down, leaving only the thick hull as the last defense.

The EMP missiles smashed into the Valhalla, sending a EMP wave along the ship. All over the battleship, systems blanked out or simply overloaded, sending crewmen screaming in pain from serious burns before falling to the ground dead. Valhalla/Liala detected it, feeling her systems blanking out from her control. They reacted faster than their human operators could, initiating surge protectors, rerouting possible overloads, and shunting all available power to the jump drive and life support systems. It was all she could do at the moment, keeping the jump drive going and stabilized, as more systems began to blank out.

It wasn't long before the follow up of Anti ship missiles, and they sensed those too. The lumbering battleship began a last ditch maneuver; attempting a barrel roll to spread out the damage. The missiles impacted against the hull and went exploding through several decks. The ship rocked and shook violently as the missiles slammed into it, sending the inertial compensator screaming at the strain, and shock frames of chairs active. Those nearest the blast points, didn't know what happen, as the explosion shattered the decks and vaporized those near. The shockwaves propagated along the hull a bit damaging some equipment along the way. The gaping holes left, in the ship gave forth their own hazard as, those who tried to escape were sucked out into the fringes of space, before they could be sealed off with blast doors. Missile rooms hit by the projectiles were incinerated immediately as the payloads detonated in their tubes, the damage slightly mitigated by containment policies enacted before during Condition One.

The command deck was lucky. A few people found themselves knocked to the deckplate, but otherwise they were still alive, with minor cuts and injuries.

Commander Cigol gripped the captain's chair and reviewed his screens.

They had made into the FTL subspace corridor. But not without scars. Heavy, major scars. And if they wanted to survive they'll have to fix them.

"Commander, we've successfully made the jump," reported Liala. "ETA 1 hour 5 minutes until we reach destination point."

"Very well." The Commander, tapped a few keys on his chair. "Assistant Chief Engineer Susan, please began damage control and assign repair teams. When you are finished, please report to the Strategic Briefing Room for a senior officer's meeting."

"Commander I-"

Commander Cigol clicked off the link and turned toward Communications Officer Ty."Give the notice, officer's meeting in 10 minutes."

With that, Executive Officer, Commander Cigol Nikephoros, arose from his chair, walked over and stepped into the lift.

There was many a things they were going to have to discuss. A great deal many.
The men inside the Bismarck cheered as they saw the explosions erupting throughout the enemy ship, clapping their hands, and congratulating the gunners on their good jobs. But the commander of the ship was not amused. In fact, he knew damn well what the hell happened.

True, it was a damned lucky shot, but it wasn't fully successful. If it was successful, there wouldn't be an enemy ship. Next time, he'd order them to target the engines first. The Colonel watched as the ship made the jump to FTL, and sent a message to Ascrith. They had attacked, and driven off, the enemy ship. They were awaiting orders.

Ascrith smiled a wide, happy smile. He had just gotten the message of the attack. Now he was thinking, and he thought long and hard. He looked at the Captain, and began to speak.

"We have just driven the Valhalla off with grevious wounds. I thought you should know, and know what we are doing next. Colonel, I order Exterminatus on the planet below. Since there are no more of our men down there, destroy it completely,"

The Colonel smiled, and ordered them to move closer. They broadsided the planet, loading up a Digger Round into the nova cannon. They aimed it at the planet, and fired, then turned around, and punched into the warp. The round shot through space, the massive shell ripping through the atmosphere itself, and turning into a fireball midair.

Ascrith was shown a video of the planet as it was hit by the shell through the atmosphere. He knew that if they didn't blow it up, the planet was gone. But if they did, a massive aerial explosion would beat most of the men down there.

"This, Captain, is how HRA deals out revenge. Destroy our ship, loose a ship, and destroy a famous ship, you will have to deal with this. Let this be a demonstration of our power,"

"Move it, you sorry ass boatstrappers and stop fecking around! We're getting our asses pounded up here!"

"Hold you panties fly boy, well get them taken care of!"

The two transport and gunship, that had been assigned to go planetside and render aid, sat down on the ground, the troops having already moved out. The commanding marine, was busy at their makeshift commander center, barking out orders, trying to make heads and tails of the clusterfeck, the big man up top had sent them in.

It wasn't making it any better, that they had just received a coded transmission, that they'll be alone with the little air support they currently had. He saw the data, he knew what the possible capabilities of the enemy were, and he was very skeptical that the seven squadrons that he commanded would be enough to take back the entire colony. Or what's left of it.

"Response Leader, this is ReTwo. I'm picking up a large bogey in orbit. Parallel approach. Over."

"This is ReLeader, can you make if its the Barn? Over."

"Negative. Repeat, negative. I make-"

"ReTwo, this is ReLeader, repeat last transmission. Over."

"CODE BAKER! CODE BAKER! We've a large inbound projectile heading toward the planet! My GOD! Its fecking huge!"

The projectile from the HMS Bismark's cannon, came roaring into the atmosphere, like some artificial meteor.

"Holy sh- This is ReLeader, to all personal get to the evacution zone! GET TO THE EVACUATION ZONE! CODE BAKER! CODE BAKER!"

The Response Squadron Leader, knew the warning would be too late for the troops, and people still planetside. He watched as the fire wave came hurling toward him and he immediately, put his craft into a steep climb and punched the afterburners for space. The rest of his squadron that was left, did the same, and they all made way for the rendezvous point. Of all the life left on the planet, and that of the support the Valhalla rendered, the only people still breathing, was the six pilots of Response Squadron. Six, who were faced with two deaths; the fiery blaze of who ever committed the "scorched earth" policy or suffocation in the cold depths of space.

Captain Nikoli's face merely contorted into unadulterated rage and disgust.

"You yellow belly, pathetic coward!" he spat in Russian at Field Marshall Taranis. "That is not a show of might, that's a demonstration of how much of a child you are!"

Nikoli couldn't believe what this man had done. Humanity had already faced enough "scorched earth" policies, when the Earth was literally razed and decimated leaving on some 350 million humans left throughout known space. To have it done again, so blase and without regard was lowering yourself to levels below even the slimiest of worms. This WAS war. He had committed acts of atrocity against civilians, who were merely defending their homes.

Captain Nikoli edged himself merely a meter away from the towering man, only to have Lt. Colonel try and pull him back. Nikoli slapped his hand away.

"Captain-"

"Shut it Lt. Colonel!" Nikoli spat, before turning back to Taranis. "You have massacred hundreds of people. My people. People I have sworn to protect. I have little doubt now, that what ever incited my ship to defend itself, was of your doing. You started this. And I will finish this Field Marshall."

Captain Nikoli turned his back onto the Field Marshall. He knew what he just declared, and he knew that surely the man could strike him down from behind like the coward he was. Without remorse or regret he looked back to the party.

"Captain Felix, as per Coalition Alliance regulation, and the acting representative on its behalf. I must know inform you, as the third party, that we are in a state of war with the HRA Empire and you are in a warzone. Seeing as you are the third party, this vessel is considered neutral ground, but should ANY action be taken against my crew by ANY personal, yours included, you will be considered aiding and abiding the enemy and we will respond accordingly."

The Lt. Colonel took that as his cue, and unholstered his side arms; a standard, .45 caliber pistol, with a 16 round chamber, and a C.E.L (Charged Energy Launcher aka small handheld rail-like gun). He kept them at the ready position, but not raised. At the same time, there was the clamor of boots chopping against the deck, as two full squadrons, seven men in each, took up positions in the bay, ready to assist their superior officers. A pair of fighters, came roaring in through the opened bay doors and took up hovering positions, not to close to the party, also ready to assist.

Captain Nikoli kept his back turned, eyes locked on Dr. Stratos and Dr. Rodden.

"Doctors, I'm ordering you both to go back to the shuttle. For you safety. I would hate for more Coalition citizens to be killed unnecessarily."

"You must be out your damned mind Captain," the old cynic scowled. "I'll stay here with you Captain and make sure, that you get immediate medical attention should you require."

"I...I'll stay too Captain," said a nervous Dr. Stratos, his eyes darting between Rodden, the Captain, the Colonel, and the Field Marshall. "It may be my skills in psychology and such, may be of service to you once again Captain."

God damn old geezers, don't know when to follow an order to save themselves, Nikoli thought.

He gave a begrudge nodded, still actively ignoring the towering hulks behind them, in his own controlled passive aggressiveness. This time his eyes locked onto Captain Felix.

"Captain Felix, I will also have to inform you, that you currently have a war criminal, and I am asking that they be handed over to us, so that we can commence with their apprehension and their fair trial. We will not force you, this is your ship, but I do hope you will be aware of the actions of your decision."
"Sir, we have six unidentified targets approaching our backs. Seems to be fighters of some sorts. Orders?" The 1st Lieutenant asked, and he looked over his shoulder. Colonel Breask stared at the screen. He had two options now. One, be rendered a War Criminal, or be a normal commander, and possibly get promoted. Ascrith would congratulate him on his decision to offer them aboard.

"Send out a message to them. Tell them that the ship Bismarck is offering their surrender, and will allow them to take shelter on board our ship until such arrangements can be made to bring you back to your home planet," Breask said, and went back to the command console. He saw 12 fighters race out of the hanger bays, grouping up, and as soon as the message was sent, flew around the other 6 fighters.

"Coward? You dare call me a coward, then order these men to arrest me? How dare you! I am not a war criminal, and even if I was, I would NEVER give myself up to you, or any of your pathetic group! I am a free man, who will do as he damn well pleases!" Ascrith shouted, now pissed. He wasn't that pissed before, but to call him a coward was just... horrible. And none too smart, either. But he wouldn't strike him down. "I do not kill citizens because I like it, I kill because it strikes fear into my enemies.

ReLeader lead his squadron out to a rendezvous point, when their was a alert of an incoming transmission.

"Hey ReLeader, the bastard that blew the planet is asking for out surrender!"

There was a roar of differing opinions over the comms, and ReLeader didn't respond having conflicted opinions himself. After a few minutes, he got fed up.

"Alright! Shut it! We'll just keep to radio silence, and have everything go dead."

There was acknowledgements, but then an another alert came.

"Twelve bogeys incoming from multiple vectors! They have us surrounded!"

ReLeader, was a tough pilot but still far from the best that was CAG, Major Wills. His nerves were being chipped away, but he still had a little resolve left.

"Evasive patterns! Get up in your pairs, drop your flares and decoys, go completely silent on scanners, and punch it for the backup meeting point!"

ReLeader without waiting for any callbacks, joined up with his wingman, and poured out the last of his defensive countermeasures. He hit the boost for his engines for a few minutes, before dropping into stealth mode, and re-adjusting his trajectory on a ballistic course. As he sat waiting, watching the minutes passed he was left to wonder: did he just condemn his squadron to a slow death?

"You are a war criminal. You are a coward. You will be treated as such," Captain Nikoli said, the rage evident in his eyes, but no longer in his voice. "The satisfaction you glaringly displayed when you razed the planet seemed to disprove that. And you striking fear into enemies? No, you brokered rage and anger. Your attempt at shock and awe, was a simple pittance of someone immature and childish."

Nikoli turned around, and his disgust and disdain was evident on his face once more. "We had people like you. People who was dealt with accordingly, because of their crimes. You are pathetic and do not deserve the rank to be a leader. I can assure you if you do leave this ship, you will be arrested. Take hostile action, you will be arrested. Either way, your best option will be to stay on this ship Field Marshall Taranis."

Captain Nikoli stared holes into the Field Marshall before turning his head back to Captain Felix.

"You answer Captain?"
Ascrith didn't wait. He didn't need to. The answer was simple. There was no leaving without a fight. So, better to wreck carnage inside, take control, and win, then to blast such a priceless object out of space. Ascrith turned to leave, then swung his hand, hitting the good Captain on the side of the head, and hopefully knocking him out. The man was sent flying across the room, landing on the other side. He ordered a general open fire, to shoot out the marines, and leave the civilians.

The marine guards open fired, spewing 21mm rounds across the room, shattering the walls apart, gouging craters into the floor, and blowing apart whatever it touched.

The fighters opened their throttles, around two getting caught by surprise and crashing into the extra things. They blew up in a silent fireball. The other ten began flying evasive maneuvers, and evaded the defensives. They targeted the last known positions, and fired anti fighter missiles, then flew forward. One fighter found a plane, and opened fire. 50mm rounds streaked across the space, trying to slam home on the plane.

(Er... Sorry for my lack of a reply ^_^" could I get a Quil rundown of what just happened since my last post?)
I invaded a colony, The Valhalla blew up my carrier, my ship beat the crap out of the Valhalla, I blew up a planet, and then I beat the crap outta some people and arrested the crew of the Valhalla. That good?

((LOL Im too sorry for late reply.))

Captain Nikoli had been waiting for the blow, ever since the Field Marshall let show his true colours.

And boy did it hurt hella bad. It was no matter though, as orders had already been put into place and the moment, the Captain was attacked, everyone flew into action.

Dr. Lucas Rodden and Dr. Stratos, ducked and scurried over to where the captain lay against a bulkhead, and dragged him out the way toward their shuttle. The good Doctor let loose his own torrent of curses as they hauled the Russian commander to safety. Thankfully the curse of those dreadful alien nanities, will come in handy, circulating through Captain Nikoli's body and already lending temporary aid to ensure their host didn't die.

At the same time, Lt. Colonel Follox acted faster than normal humans could managed. His years of growing up in a high gee environment and the genetic augments he was subjected too, drove him into overdrive. He knew he was outmatched and probably outgunned, but that was no matter. For without words, he went dodging gracefully of enemy fire, like some brutish flamenco dancer, letting off shots of his own toward the Field Marshall. The two fighters, hovering not far away, lay down their own suppressive fire toward the Field Marshall and his men, taking care not to kill their own. His men, though having them surrounded, soon succumb to the enemy fire, but that was what a marine's job was; to ensure the protection of their charges.

And by god, Lt. Colonel was going to do that, and make the sumobitch who caused this pay for it.

Commander Cigolsat at the head of the long meeting table, waiting for everyone to join in. A few minutes later, everyone hustled in, with the exception of Navigator Liala, who joined them virtually.

When everyone took their seats, Commander Cigol wasted no time for pleasantries.

"Assistant Chief Susan, damage report."

The assistant chief flushed, not use to these types of situations. She brought up a master display of the ships, with indication of damage. "Uh...heavy damage Commander. Sections D and E, on Decks 5-11, 14, and 15, are venting atmosphere, and we are underway to taking care of that. Also, we've lost a two VLS cells on starboard, forward section, and one on the aft section, though we are trying to see if they are possible salvageable or we can get their ammunition transferred to an operable station. Conversion Reactors 2 and 5 are looking at emergency shutdowns. FTL jump drive and engines are stable though thanks to Lt. Commander Liala. But we are still facing crisis with several dozen other systems Commander."

"Chief Tactical Officer," spoke the Commander, his eyes swiveling to her. "What is our offensive and defensive status?"

"We were pretty badly scarred Commander," she admitted. Our starboard missile capabilities, is down to 75%. Our particle beam capabilities is down to 80%, with the lost of one beam emitter, and the current nonoperational status of another. Our laser cluster defenses were luckily unscathed, but our flak capacity is down to 80%. Our starboard shields took excessive heavy damage, shield strength at last then 20%, especially with the main emitter, mauled. Following is dorsal, which is at 50%, and ventral at 65%. All other shield arcs, are holding at near 80%, though Assistant Chief Susan, tells me they will try the best they can to get us back up to a decent baseline. They really managed to his us hard sir."

The agreements circled around the room, and Commander Cigol agreed.

"You are correct, but we are not finished yet. I need this ship battle ready within the next 30 minutes. Whoever committed the crimes against Calypso, committed crimes against the Coalition Alliance, and has declared war. We can not allow them to escape, nor let this stay silent. We will notify Coalition authorities and see to it, that the war criminals are arrested."

Commander Cigol paused for a moment, catching each one of them in the eyes.

"Or if necessary, killed."

All was quiet and the other officers stole a glance to each other. This was unlike the stalwart, by-the-book, logical and ration Cigol Nikephoros they knew. Something must have changed, and they didn't necessary know for better or for worst.

An alert, broke their thoughts and a voice of a communications officer chirped on.

"Commander, picking up a distress signal. Its coming from the position of the Time Dancer."

Commander Cigol rose from his chair, once again calmly, as if there was no pressure in all the known verse.

"Navigator Liala, flank speed, get us to them as fast as you can."

You are on: Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » SciFi RPG: Interstellar Wayfarers (CLOSED)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus