Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » Too shy to give out kudos?

I'm not sure if this is the right place to put this, but...

Am I the only one who feels too shy to give out kudos to other people? There are certainly people out there who I very much enjoy roleplaying with, but every time the Festival of Being Excellent to Each Other comes around (or at any point of the year, for that matter) I can never bring myself to write up any kudos for them. It's like I don't really know who to give them to, and even if I did, I wouldn't know what to say about them. Does anyone else have this problem?
Serene

I don't feel shy about giving Kudos, but the problem is I don't know the people here. So that limits my options a little bit. I need to find 3 more people for the weekly event, for example :))
I used to be shy about it too but not anymore. Just knowing that it isn't awkward at all and that many people here do it got me writing them too. Besides, I can guarantee you that everyone who you will write a kudos for will end up being really happy. Even if it's something simple, just a few lines or so. It will mean a lot to that person, trust me. And for the fact that you don't know what to write and to whom. You can write to whoever. People you roleplay with, now or did in the past sometime and enjoyed the roleplay. People who you interact with in forums regularly or just talk to ooc in dms. It can be anyone as long as you have something nice to say about them. And you don't have to think too hard about what to write. If you are considering giving somebody kudos, you probably already have a reason for that. Just think why, do you like their characters, plots, writing, are they nice, polite, or whatever it is that you like about them or their roleplaying. Write something about that, it doesn't have to be a long paragraph of singing praises, you do you. :)
I'm not sure if you're aware of this or if it will help your comfort with giving kudos but you can now give kudos anonymously since the site has been upgraded :)
Claine Moderator

Voldarian_Empire wrote:
I'm not sure if you're aware of this or if it will help your comfort with giving kudos but you can now give kudos anonymously since the site has been upgraded :)

Thanks for the heads-up :D
Very helpful information, Vol! So glad I get to read it some 76 times. :P

Well, seriously, good to know. I might have an easier time giving kudos now, too.
I have a similar problem, but for different reasons. I don't roleplay with or talk to many people nowadays because of my intense shyness, so I don't have many people to give kudos to. I'm working on it, but I'm not sure where to start, you know?
Claine wrote:
Voldarian_Empire wrote:

Thanks for the heads-up :D

I can't stop laughing about this. XD
Was just informed I posted here 76 times earlier.....thought I'd pop in and mention that was a glitch and I'm normally not such an abrasive person hah XD sorry about that!
ChebaBeesting

I don't really talk with people here, so I can't really give kudos. However, while roleplaying with somebody, I wanted to give them one. But the problem is - I'm bad at explaining and I think my compliments would turn out vague aswell, so that's one of the reasons why I'm afraid of giving kudos/too shy to give them.
RemanLongtail Topic Starter

Voldarian_Empire wrote:

I do know about this, yes, but I'm not sure how much it helps. Even if they didn't know it was me, finding the right words is still the hard part. What if I say something wrong? I guess that's pretty hard to do when you're praising someone for being a good RP partner, but it still kind of worries me.

(Also, yes, I did spot that I'd gotten like 80 replies to this thread and I was like, "huh?" That was definitely weird.)

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » Too shy to give out kudos?

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus