Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » Do you have any new year's resolutions?

LakotaSiouxWarrior

It's that time of year again. I don't just wondering how you felt about this tradition.
ChebaBeesting

Even though I'm not really the type of person who comes up with resolutions in general, I have a few:

1.) Continuing education - as much as I wanted to continue education in college, I couldn't due to my studying issues and the fact that I can't cope with stress well. However, there is an alternative place and I was really happy to hear about it. And I really want to study art there, if not that then english instead.

2.) Draw and write more - I hadn't drawn much this year, and my lack of motivation and whatnot upset me. I also want to draw out of my comfort zone, things like fighting and gore etc. As for writing, I hadn't really written much either, I suppose it's mostly because of writer's block?

3.) Put past behind - High school was, well, I don't really like using this word nor do I generally use it but... It was really cringy, especially the first two grades. I did really dumb things because of how fixated I was on past. So yeah, I just want to put everything in a box and burn them to ashes if I could...
Get to sleep at a certain time every night and improve my ability to adhere to a schedule to hopefully have more success and less stress. Or, at least, if I have more stress, it's going to be because I'm doing something challenging, not because I'm running late to work, or behind on turning in paperwork, which are unnecessary stressors caused by lack of good planning or lack of good execution. ✔️

Oh, and, if there's enough free time, do something I'm afraid to do yet want to, like join an in person support group, go to a cuddle party, try eye-gazing, or join some kind of writers group, or even join a book club. Aka, work on social and intimacy skills so that I can someday have an increased number of experiences that I theorize will give me more satisfaction in life in ways that social anxiety and lack of assertiveness prevents me from currently doing. Yeah. I probably need to shorten it.

1. Try to adhere to schedules

2. Try new things

There we go!
LakotaSiouxWarrior wrote:
It's that time of year again. I don't just wondering how you felt about this tradition.

And you? <3
Not any resolutions, no, but I do have exciting plans for the upcoming year, which I hope to follow through with. The only reason why they're happening after 2019 ends are because of practical things, like having to get a full time job, needing to happen first of all. Now that the framework is somewhat in order, I can finally start to work towards achieving more goals :)
I don’t really have any, no. Mainly because I’ve found they never stick. I don’t think I’ve met anyone that has actually kept up with that stuff all year round, but like Penholder said, I do have goals. One is already nailed down; I managed to land myself a summer job as a camp counselor. Others are to survive spring semester, get better grades, and actually learn how to be social. Step out of my comfort zone.

I guess it sounds like resolutions, but I don’t consider them to be that lol. :P
nightmqre

This year, my entire family is dedicating themselves to saving so that hopefully in September 2020 we can go to Disneyland Paris ;;;;;;
I want to try and learn how to make my own clothes! I also want to finish getting my driver's licence. \o/
I don't usually make serious resolutions, and I usually fail to keep the ones I make, but this year I've decided one of my resolutions is to become active on RPR again. I really love this site and the communities that make it up, and I regret that I've fallen back to lurking and not RPing at all. Real life takes priority, of course, but some of my inactivity hasn't been due to anything pressing, just a lack of effort and low inspiration on my part. I want to change that. The effort part will be easier than the inspiration part, I think, but I'll figure it out one way or another.

My other resolution is less a new year's resolution and more a general determination I have to continue becoming a healthier, happier person and to not lose sight of how far I've already come. It's easy to forget how much I've overcome when the progress I make is slow, and sometimes it feels like I'm not making progress at all, but I'm determined to keep my chin up and keep going even when life gets the better of me. Hopefully working on this perpetual resolution of mine will make the other one I mentioned easier to keep up with, too.
Mipps

I don't make resolutions anymore; instead I make smaller more achievable goals throughout the year.

Me and my man bought some new high end gym equipment and we started a home workout program for weight lifting to get back in shape. so right now, my goal is to just get into that new healthy routine.

my second goal is to get my resume back together and keep an eye out for jobs now that I have graduated and had a few months off.

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » Do you have any new year's resolutions?

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus