Skip to main content

Forums » RP Discussion » Your worlds!

Since I am currently working on my new world Pamatianu, I would be very intrest in everybody their own created world!
The world I created is called Lycorea, and there are four main kingdoms in it that actually have names. It's a fantasy based world with magic, elves, orcs and other creatures like that.
Cookiesareyummie Topic Starter

LadyKnightminn wrote:
The world I created is called Lycorea, and there are four main kingdoms in it that actually have names. It's a fantasy based world with magic, elves, orcs and other creatures like that.

Wow that sounds intresting, how long did it took to create everything?
Cookiesareyummie wrote:
LadyKnightminn wrote:

A long time actually, and it's not even fully finished yet. I started writing it all down back in the bigening of 2018, I think. But I've just been adding bits and pieces to it. I hope to draw a map of what the world looks like but I'm still working things out.

LadyKnightminn wrote:
Cookiesareyummie wrote:
LadyKnightminn wrote:

A long time actually, and it's not even fully finished yet. I started writing it all down back in the bigening of 2018, I think. But I've just been adding bits and pieces to it. I hope to draw a map of what the world looks like but I'm still working things out.

Cool! I am currently working on my world for about a month, but it's sometimes hard getting inspiration.
I didn't want to reply to this originally because I post LFRP's for it all the time and feel (perhaps stupidly) that I might be bragging or shoving it down peoples' throats ( ^^; ), but Tam'nýer-a' is my brain baby.

I started crafting it on July 6th, 2017, but way back then it started off with the idea of simply making a pirate ship to host roleplays on. It's definitely evolved way beyond that. But you can check it out here.

I've seen your group and I always felt that the world is facinating! I also think it's very cool that you made a language for your world.

How did you actually do that? Any tips since I am planning to do that aswell.
Cookiesareyummie wrote:
LadyKnightminn wrote:
Cookiesareyummie wrote:
LadyKnightminn wrote:

Cool! I am currently working on my world for about a month, but it's sometimes hard getting inspiration.

I know the feeling, but the inspiration will come to you. My inspiration for the names of the kingdoms/world were from scientific butterfly names. I ready love butterflies so why not use the names for my story!

LadyKnightminn wrote:
Cookiesareyummie wrote:
LadyKnightminn wrote:
Cookiesareyummie wrote:
LadyKnightminn wrote:

I know the feeling, but the inspiration will come to you. My inspiration for the names of the kingdoms/world were from scientific butterfly names. I ready love butterflies so why not use the names for my story!
Wow that sounds very cool and very creative!
Cookiesareyummie wrote:
I've seen your group and I always felt that the world is facinating! I also think it's very cool that you made a language for your world.

There's two main ways to go about it; either get a feel for sounds you like and make words from them or you can start out by drawing squiggles and making symbols you like. Either way, it's not something to stress over since language should be a side project as you build the rest of the world. Most especially if you plan on building to the point that you want to open it up to the public. <3

Demilicious wrote:
Cookiesareyummie wrote:

There's two main ways to go about it; either get a feel for sounds you like and make words from them or you can start out by drawing squiggles and making symbols you like. Either way, it's not something to stress over since language should be a side project as you build the rest of the world. Most especially if you plan on building to the point that you want to open it up to the public. <3
Thank you for the advice :)
Worldbuilding is one of my favorite aspects of writing :D! My world is called Deyera. In Deyera, there are seven nations, each of which worship their patron deity. It's a fantasy world set in the Renaissance.
My pleasure!

And if you want help with anything, give me a shout. I love to worldbuild but also help others. <3 With the Tam Fam (the writers in my group/world) they ask questions and just by them wondering about something helps inspire me to create, but also brings up things that because I was too busy building other parts of the world, brought up others that I never would have thought about. A great example of this is SilentSybil asked me about music, and that's how every race gained its own music style/type. :D

KingoftheArrows wrote:
My world is called Deyera. In Deyera, there are seven nations, each of which worship their patron deity. It's a fantasy world set in the Renaissance.
Sounds very cool! What kind of fantasy creatures live in you're world?
KingoftheArrows wrote:
Worldbuilding is one of my favorite aspects of writing :D! My world is called Deyera. In Deyera, there are seven nations, each of which worship their patron deity. It's a fantasy world set in the Renaissance.

Long live the Renaissance! It's such a great era to borrow from. So many fantasy worlds tend to have Medieval-era blinders on. <3

Demilicious wrote:
My pleasure!

And if you want help with anything, give me a shout. I love to worldbuild but also help others. <3 With the Tam Fam (the writers in my group/world) they ask questions and just by them wondering about something helps inspire me to create, but also brings up things that because I was too busy building other parts of the world, brought up others that I never would have thought about. A great example of this is SilentSybil asked me about music, and that's how every race gained its own music style/type. :D

Thank you and I will :)
Cookiesareyummie wrote:
KingoftheArrows wrote:
My world is called Deyera. In Deyera, there are seven nations, each of which worship their patron deity. It's a fantasy world set in the Renaissance.
Sounds very cool! What kind of fantasy creatures live in you're world?

Each nation in Deyera has its own race (which are ones I made up but they are based off of real life animals). I'm planning on adding dragons, fairies, ogres, and the traditional fantasy folk as well as some custom ones.
Demilicious wrote:
KingoftheArrows wrote:

Long live the Renaissance! It's such a great era to borrow from. So many fantasy worlds tend to have Medieval-era blinders on. <3

While I love the Middle Ages, the Renaissance is a much better setting for my world compared to the Middle Ages.

You are on: Forums » RP Discussion » Your worlds!

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus