Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » Free virtual hugs (open)

Karuna Sky (played anonymously)

Connor Kenway wrote:
Ratonhnhaketon entered the room with shoulders squared, hands not so much resting on the weapons by his belt but more clenching them tightly, so much in fact that he was seemingly shaking.

The Mohawk brave approached in his usual attire with his usual focused gait, head bent low, eyes hidden by his hood, a wolf on the hunt as always. However, the discerning eye could tell this was not the usual confident Connor. He smelled of blood, steel and gun powder, his jaw clenched so hard one could almost hear his teeth cracking under the pressure.

He just stood there, paralyzed with impotent rage. Connor hated proximity and contact of most kinds, so if he was here it meant he was really hurting.

Karuna sucked in her breath with awe as she watched the Mohawk brave approach. Her eyes took in his proud but broken body language, his clothes, his demeanor...

She frowned slightly as she smelled the blood and gunpowder on him...

And with her psychic ability she felt one emotion with blinding clarity--overwhelming RAGE.

It was confusing because she wasn't sure how to approach him...

"Hello...I'm glad you're here," she said, taking a step forward.

She felt an instant kinship with him, despite him being from a different tribe than her own ancestors were. Her ancestors were Cherokee. In the past they might have been wary of each other, but here they had more in common than those around them.

In this rare nexus where magic enabled people from all times and universes to come...she could literally come face to face with living history.

"You're shaking..." Karuna said softly, and she cautiously extended her hand and touched his arm, lightly. She waited to see if he recoiled, or allowed the touch.

"Hey..." she whispered, looking into his shell-shocked eyes, trying to prompt him to look into hers and focus only on them. "Hey...look at me. That's it. Look into my eyes. You're safe here."

Milo wrote:
The little boy was reasonably perplexed when the thing behind him - the thing which he'd thought was a wall - moved. The contrast in size was so great that he almost had to look straight up at the ceiling to find the head. All he could really see of his face were the nostrils peeking out behind the Mohawk's broad chest. This person was already a giant by anyone's standards. To Milo, a size like this didn't seem possible at all.

Unlike what one would expect of your typical 6-year old, Milo was not in the least afraid. On the contrary, he was awed by the lumbering man's hard-set jawline and scars that snaked throughout his bulky form.
Whoa! he thought to himself. Is he from one of big bro's video games? [Assassin's Creed]

He turned his attention to the rest of the room after a few minutes of staring and imagining the man leaping from building to building while tossing guards off a parapet. It had been said said that this room gave out free hugs! Perhaps here he'd be able to find a new best friend.

((Nice response. At first I envisioned this as each person coming in at a different time and interacting with Karuna...without the characters seeing one another. So I don't know if this will work, but we can try it. Either way, my character will give out virtual hugs to any character.))

After finishing her interaction with the Mohawk warrior (which in the thread is still to come), Karuna's lazer focus on him eased and she began to notice the rest of her surroundings again.

And that's when she noticed a little boy off to the side.

Awww...how cute, Karuna thought. It was nice to see kids around the place.

She smiled a broad, friendly smile at the child, and kneeled down on the floor in front of him to get on his level.

"Hi there, buddy...what's your name? I'm Karuna Sky," she said, placing her hand on her own chest. "Are you here for a hug?"

Assuming he answered yes, Karuna smiled again and gave him a hug. Pulling away, she ruffled his hair.

"If you want a soda, there are some in the fridge," she added.

Solara Solis wrote:
Karuna Sky wrote:
Solara Solis wrote:
Karuna Sky wrote:
Solara Solis wrote:
She walked into the room with tears forming in her ocean blue colored eyes as if she were forcing herself never to cry. If one knew Solara and her tragic history, one would be hugging her nearly every day. With how strong her Empathy is, it also made her cry easily since she hated seeing good people suffer for any reason. Plus she was too afraid to ask for hugs in words alone due to fear of rejection.

Karuna was lounging on the couch reading a romance novel when an attractive woman with long dark hair and blue eyes walked in. Karuna noticed something unusual--her sixth sense wasn't working. She couldn't sense the woman's emotions. Maybe an angel, she reasoned. She could sense nothing.

Karuna shot the woman a bright smile, which stood out against her smooth, brown skin and rose to her feet and walked to her.

"Hi, I'm Karuna," she said cautiously, with another smile. She scanned the woman face quickly for clues as to her state of mind.

Up this close, Karuna could clearly see the tears forming in the pretty woman's ocean-blue eyes and it made her want to reach out and touch her. Not being able to sense her emotions, however, unnerved Karuna a bit.

"Nice to meet you, my love. Your eyes -- they look sad. Is it ok if I just..." Karuna slowly reached out one hand and lightly brushed Solara's cheek with the back of her hand. Soon her other hand came to rest on Solara's other cheek as she looked into her eyes.

"I don't yet know why there are tears in your eyes," Karuna said softly, "but I know that I've got a hug for you. Is it ok if I touch you, Sweetheart? Can I hug you?"

If Solara said yes, Karuna closed the few inches between them and wrapped her arms around Solara, enveloping her in a warm, friendly hug. The Native American woman closed her eyes and smiled, enjoying the closeness.

Despite Solara being a Fallen Angel, she was able to feel most emotions from any sentient being, which wasn't always a good thing. Still, at least she could relax around animals since Empathy also worked on them. Taking notice of a beautiful woman named Karuna, it made Solara smile weakly as she looked so close to crying. "I'm Solara; it's nice to meet you, Karuna." Her eyes glowed slightly to indicate she was using Empathy, thus sharing her emotions with Karuna as the tears rushed down her cheeks. Her past consisted of being tormented by her estranged brother Lucifer who she was nothing like, then being sold to human scientists who left mental scars on her, which lead to trust issues which were worse with the opposite sex due to her androphobia. After so many past lovers who treated like her dirt. It was only until months ago she met one human who reminded her of her former self. He acted cold and distant, but she knew he needed his heart protected from everyone else out to hurt him. Recently life had gotten better; it was only confessing to her crush that troubled her most. "Please hug me, it feels like my life is good as of now, but I'm too shy to confess the one I want so badly. He's also afraid of being alone just like myself, and it breaks my heart to see him that way. He may act cold and distant, but we need each other so badly."

Karuna pulled back and listened to all that Solara said, noting her glowing eyes and wondering what that meant. It didn't matter that she didn't know, because she got Solara's main feeling and her main request. Karuna smiled sweetly as she stared into Solara's blue eyes.

"I understand the need to reach out and touch those who seem distant--the urge to connect. The urge to see and be seen. I can't help you with him, Solara. But I can definitely give you a hug."

As she continued smiling at her with a bittersweet look in her eyes, Karuna lifted her hand to Solara's face and touched it lightly, brushing a strand of hair away.

Then she opened her arms.

"Come here," she urged Solara softly. She waited for Solara to come into her arms, and then closing her eyes with a smile, Karuna wrapped her arms around the angel and held her tightly. Moments went by and she didn't let go. Then the moments turned into seconds and the seconds to minutes and Karuna swayed slightly, gently rocking Solara in silence.

Solara sniffled a bit as tears formed in her blue eyes, walking into Karuna's warm embrace as it brought her so much comfort. She loved this feeling very much as sobs escaped her, enjoying being rocked in this lady's arms. "You're a good human; we should be friends since you're also capable of Empathy like me." She admitted with a warm smile towards Karuna.

As sobs escaped from Solara's mouth, Karuna held her tighter and consoled her with soft whispers.

"Shhh...I've got you... I've got you..."

She smiled at the angels words.

"I'd like that," she said to her offer of friendship.

"
Connor Kenway (played anonymously)

Karuna Sky wrote:
Connor Kenway wrote:
Ratonhnhaketon entered the room with shoulders squared, hands not so much resting on the weapons by his belt but more clenching them tightly, so much in fact that he was seemingly shaking.

The Mohawk brave approached in his usual attire with his usual focused gait, head bent low, eyes hidden by his hood, a wolf on the hunt as always. However, the discerning eye could tell this was not the usual confident Connor. He smelled of blood, steel and gun powder, his jaw clenched so hard one could almost hear his teeth cracking under the pressure.

He just stood there, paralyzed with impotent rage. Connor hated proximity and contact of most kinds, so if he was here it meant he was really hurting.

Karuna sucked in her breath with awe as she watched the Mohawk brave approach. Her eyes took in his proud but broken body language, his clothes, his demeanor...

She frowned slightly as she smelled the blood and gunpowder on him...

And with her psychic ability she felt one emotion with blinding clarity--overwhelming RAGE.

It was confusing because she wasn't sure how to approach him...

"Hello...I'm glad you're here," she said, taking a step forward.

She felt an instant kinship with him, despite him being from a different tribe than her own ancestors were. Her ancestors were Cherokee. In the past they might have been wary of each other, but here they had more in common than those around them.

In this rare nexus where magic enabled people from all times and universes to come...she could literally come face to face with living history.

"You're shaking..." Karuna said softly, and she cautiously extended her hand and touched his arm, lightly. She waited to see if he recoiled, or allowed the touch.

"Hey..." she whispered, looking into his shell-shocked eyes, trying to prompt him to look into hers and focus only on them. "Hey...look at me. That's it. Look into my eyes. You're safe here."

Under other circumstances, Ratonhnhaketon would have smiled down at Milo and perhaps pat his shoulder. Children were one of the few that could reach past Connor’s antisocial nature as he deemed incapable of being manipulative and even if they were it was usually to acquire perfectly innocent things like candy or games.

Today was not a day of joy, however. Connor was very aware of how broken he currently was, he was like a wounded, rabid animal, ready to lash out at a moment’s notice, wild eyes leering and wary. He knew that associating with this child would only endanger him and thus he simply stood silent as Milo went on his way.

As Karuna approached, his gaze was lifted slowly to meet her. The slightest hint of recognition in his sullen eyes as he saw her as one of his own. From a different tribe perhaps but closer to him than most nonetheless, and that’s what mattered to him right now.

Had it been anyone else or if Connor was in better control of his emotions, he would have recoiled back when the woman tried to touch his shoulder. While, yes, it was a cultural thing for the Mohawk to avoid personal contact with strangers, Connor was a shy person at heart and didn’t like being touched to begin with.

But it had been the Brave’s decision to come here. He knew that approaching this strange and magical place meant opening himself to others, and while it was definitely outside of his comfort zone, it was a bitter medicine that he reluctantly needed. His heart would not mend on its own, he needed help..

He tensed up even more as a hand rested on his muscled arm, but he fought his initial instinct of pulling away. Instead he focused his blue eyes on the woman as she instructed him and slowly began to speak, drawing in a deep breath first almost as if he were about to recite a poem.

“Wachin ksapa yo, sister.” He greeted her not with a Mohawk or a Cherokee saying but with a Lakota phrase for saying hello. Though they were separated by tribe and timelines, Ratonhnhaketon always found that phrase universal enough to use with those he considered his kin.

“I thank you for allowing me in your lodge and partake in your medicine.” He continued, using quite the archaic language. “But I ask you that you do not actually embrace me, it is not a gesture I am comfortable with.”

“I just..” The Brave paused as the lump in his throat made it difficult to speak. It was really something, the big warrior, full of scars, dressed in animal skins, covered in weapons, strong as one could be..looked as if he was in the verge of tears. Although it was pure rage that gripped his heart and soul, all he was projecting was sadness.

“I just wish to talk.” He said at last. “Will you listen to my plight?”
Karuna Sky wrote:
Solara Solis wrote:
Karuna Sky wrote:
Solara Solis wrote:
Karuna Sky wrote:
Solara Solis wrote:
She walked into the room with tears forming in her ocean blue colored eyes as if she were forcing herself never to cry. If one knew Solara and her tragic history, one would be hugging her nearly every day. With how strong her Empathy is, it also made her cry easily since she hated seeing good people suffer for any reason. Plus she was too afraid to ask for hugs in words alone due to fear of rejection.

Karuna was lounging on the couch reading a romance novel when an attractive woman with long dark hair and blue eyes walked in. Karuna noticed something unusual--her sixth sense wasn't working. She couldn't sense the woman's emotions. Maybe an angel, she reasoned. She could sense nothing.

Karuna shot the woman a bright smile, which stood out against her smooth, brown skin and rose to her feet and walked to her.

"Hi, I'm Karuna," she said cautiously, with another smile. She scanned the woman face quickly for clues as to her state of mind.

Up this close, Karuna could clearly see the tears forming in the pretty woman's ocean-blue eyes and it made her want to reach out and touch her. Not being able to sense her emotions, however, unnerved Karuna a bit.

"Nice to meet you, my love. Your eyes -- they look sad. Is it ok if I just..." Karuna slowly reached out one hand and lightly brushed Solara's cheek with the back of her hand. Soon her other hand came to rest on Solara's other cheek as she looked into her eyes.

"I don't yet know why there are tears in your eyes," Karuna said softly, "but I know that I've got a hug for you. Is it ok if I touch you, Sweetheart? Can I hug you?"

If Solara said yes, Karuna closed the few inches between them and wrapped her arms around Solara, enveloping her in a warm, friendly hug. The Native American woman closed her eyes and smiled, enjoying the closeness.

Despite Solara being a Fallen Angel, she was able to feel most emotions from any sentient being, which wasn't always a good thing. Still, at least she could relax around animals since Empathy also worked on them. Taking notice of a beautiful woman named Karuna, it made Solara smile weakly as she looked so close to crying. "I'm Solara; it's nice to meet you, Karuna." Her eyes glowed slightly to indicate she was using Empathy, thus sharing her emotions with Karuna as the tears rushed down her cheeks. Her past consisted of being tormented by her estranged brother Lucifer who she was nothing like, then being sold to human scientists who left mental scars on her, which lead to trust issues which were worse with the opposite sex due to her androphobia. After so many past lovers who treated like her dirt. It was only until months ago she met one human who reminded her of her former self. He acted cold and distant, but she knew he needed his heart protected from everyone else out to hurt him. Recently life had gotten better; it was only confessing to her crush that troubled her most. "Please hug me, it feels like my life is good as of now, but I'm too shy to confess the one I want so badly. He's also afraid of being alone just like myself, and it breaks my heart to see him that way. He may act cold and distant, but we need each other so badly."

Karuna pulled back and listened to all that Solara said, noting her glowing eyes and wondering what that meant. It didn't matter that she didn't know, because she got Solara's main feeling and her main request. Karuna smiled sweetly as she stared into Solara's blue eyes.

"I understand the need to reach out and touch those who seem distant--the urge to connect. The urge to see and be seen. I can't help you with him, Solara. But I can definitely give you a hug."

As she continued smiling at her with a bittersweet look in her eyes, Karuna lifted her hand to Solara's face and touched it lightly, brushing a strand of hair away.

"Come here," she urged Solara softly. She waited for Solara to come into her arms, and then closing her eyes with a smile, Karuna wrapped her arms around the angel and held her tightly. Moments went by and she didn't let go. Then the moments turned into seconds and the seconds to minutes and Karuna swayed slightly, gently rocking Solara in silence.

Solara sniffled a bit as tears formed in her blue eyes, walking into Karuna's warm embrace as it brought her so much comfort. She loved this feeling very much as sobs escaped her, enjoying being rocked in this lady's arms. "You're a good human; we should be friends since you're also capable of Empathy like me." She admitted with a warm smile towards Karuna.

As sobs escaped from Solara's mouth, Karuna held her tighter and consoled her with soft whispers.

"

This human was comforting to Solara; once she finally calmed down, she smiled at Karuna warmly. "Thank you for the hug; it means a lot since my life has been full of suffering. Do you have any cream soda? My throat feels a bit sore from sobbing."
Milo (played by Mathunga)

Karuna Sky wrote:
((Nice response. At first I envisioned this as each person coming in at a different time and interacting with Karuna...without the characters seeing one another. So I don't know if this will work, but we can try it. Either way, my character will give out virtual hugs to any character.))

After finishing her interaction with the Mohawk warrior (which in the thread is still to come), Karuna's lazer focus on him eased and she began to notice the rest of her surroundings again.

She smiled a broad, friendly smile at the child, and kneeled down on the floor in front of him to get on his level.

"Hi there, buddy...what's your name? I'm Karuna Sky," she said, placing her hand on her own chest. "Are you here for a hug?"

Assuming he answered yes, Karuna smiled again and gave him a hug. Pulling away, she ruffled his hair.

(Oh, whoops. I thought that the guests would interact with each other but most of the emphasis would be placed on the comforting. Must've misread something.)
(I apologize in advance for the tidal wave [of words]. Just got a lot of inspiration from doodling.)
"I'm not allowed to drink caffeine! Devin says I'm already really hyper and if I drink sugar I'll explode! And I don't wanna make a mess 'cuz this isn't my house. Heheh."

He chose a popsicle instead, took a seat on the patio and slid an iPad out from his duffel bag. Milo flicked it on and selected a video. "Surprise!!!!.mov", it read. He tapped it and the video began playing.
Surprise!!!!.mov
2020-06-07.png
The image blurs and sharpens and shudders as an older boy adjusts the position of the camera. He bears a striking resemblance to Milo.
"Kssssht! Mission control, this is special agent 'Wind-Breaker'! Come in, come in!" He's jerked into another position as it switches to a spliced clip.
"Right, so this is day 184 of my undercover mission here at the <redacted> Medical Institute. The hour is exactly 0800. No recent suspicious activity to report as of today. But I think they're onto me. Everyone's a little too nice. A bit fishy, I guess. But never fear. They'll never see past my BRILLIANT disguise!" He whips off the wig, revealing a naked scalp. "You'd never guess, right?! WHOOOO! I can feel the air through my bald head! HAHAHAHAHAAA!"
<Scene change> "Good morning, Mr. Raven! How are you feeling today?" asks the woman in the blue uniform.
"I feel like takin' a walk."
"Well, that's going to have to wait," she replies after examining the apparatus next to his bed. The nurse presses an instrument to his forehead and the boy scoffs.
"What's this? A torture device? Forget it, I'll never talk!"
Her eyes roam around the room as she jots down numbers onto her clipboard. "Oh, are you recording for this for Milo?"
"Hmph. I don't know what you're talking about," he says.
"Ah, so that explains the theatrics. Tell him I said hi the next time he visits, okay?"
<Scene change> He is wolfing down the bagel and eggs from the trolley. The wig has assumed its usual position perched on his head. "Yunno what," he mumbles from a mouthful of bagel. "I don't care if this stuff is poisoned. It's frickin' delicious. I bet even angels don't have stuff this good. Heh. Maybe I'll be seeing one if I eat any more of it."
<Scene change> "Hey...Milo. You still with me, bud?" his tone still maintains playful luster but has grown a bit more somber. He scratches his head and sighs. "Look. I know you heard mom and dad talking about all...this. To be honest, I don't really know what else to say. Besides... well..." A bit of a pause as he picks at the words. "We, uh... we've been pretending the whole time haven't we." It's not a question. He clears his throat and starts again. "Milo, it isn't good to pretend everything's okay, you know? I mean, when was the last time you felt happy after any of this? And I mean really, truly happy?"
Don't answer it out loud, of course. This is a recording and I won't hear shi- uh - I won't hear anything. Eh. I digress. The thing is, it isn't a good thing to pretend to be happy when you really aren't. Keeping all these feelings cooped up while wearing a smiling mask...*sigh* you're just gonna drive yourself crazy. Ya wanna be brave for your big bro. I like that about you. But sometimes the braver thing to do is to admit when everything's not okay. We're only human."
"You're a good kid, Milo. You always put others before yourself and make everyone around you feel good. ...That's why every time you smile, I want it to be real. I want you to see that there are so many people here who love you more than anything. Those are all the people you've helped, ya little scamp. And you're gonna help so many more.
Now, I know what you're thinking. Real deep inside you're wondering why you couldn't help me. The answer is...you already have. Growing up together with you and being able to call you my little brother; laughing and crying together with you. This is all I ever wanted. My only regret is that I don't get to keep watching you grow."
Well... I guess that's not really true. I'll be right there in your head. And someday when you're older, you can look in the mirror and I'll be there every time. You can say 'you really nailed it today, little bro'. Because that's exactly what I'll be telling ya from wherever I am. I know you'll do great. It's going to be hard at first, not gonna lie here. But you can do it."
<Scene change> "You get the part about the mirror, right? Cuz yunno, we're doppelgangers. Look-alikes except I'm bigger than you. Like a mommy and a daddy rabbit ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ with ▓▓▓▓▓▓ but ▓▓ and one of the babies was like '▓▓▓▓ ▓▓ ▓▓▓▓▓!' and yet-..."
"Oh, flippin' heck. Is thing recording?! ...crap."
<Scene change> "Milo, buddy... I'm not sure how much of that you heard. Eh... trust me, you're gonna find that really funny when you're 18 or something."
<Scene change> "Take care of Mom and Dad for me, okay? This is going to be hard for them too. They're not...*clicks tongue*...bad people. They just weren't ready to be parents yet. So all you have to do is stick with 'em. Make sure the family stays together. You can do that for me, right?"
"Okay well, it's time for me to sleep now. I'll see you bright and early when you come visit." He kisses his knuckles and bumps the camera affectionately. "I love you Milo. Sweet dreams."

<Video end.>
<Play again?> <Yes / No>

Ever since his brother had started chemotherapy, Milo could remember planning to grow his hair as long as possible so he could donate it to him. He had waited for a long time, not telling anyone about the idea until asking his mother to cut his hair. In the end, though, Devin hadn't needed it.
It was quick. An aneurysm in the middle of the night. It had been Milo's fifth birthday.
"I'm sorry, Devin."
And for the first time, he let the tears fall. Years of emotion burst from the floodgates. It was as if every droplet contained all of the pent-up feelings ever since the diagnosis. They fell gently against the screen. Flowed down into the cracked area from when Devin had accidentally sat on the screen. Devin. A face stared back at the boy from the now-empty screen. Milo's face. And also his brother's.
Devin.

...Devin.

"Wachin ksapa yo," Karuna returned in greeting. Through her travel across time and space as part of the group that was chosen to work for the Oasis, a magical place of healing created by the elders of several peoples, she had interacted with the Sioux enough to know enough to roughly understand their language.

She withdrew her hand from him when she saw and felt his discomfort with the gesture.

"Thank you for telling me that," she said when he explained that he was uncomfortable being embraced. "And, of course, I will listen to your tale. What's happened?"

Solara Solis wrote:
Karuna Sky wrote:
Solara Solis wrote:
Karuna Sky wrote:
Solara Solis wrote:
Karuna Sky wrote:
Solara Solis wrote:

"

This human was comforting to Solara; once she finally calmed down, she smiled at Karuna warmly. "Thank you for the hug; it means a lot since my life has been full of suffering. Do you have any cream soda? My throat feels a bit sore from sobbing."

Karuna shot her a bright smile, as she realized the angel intended to stay awhile. With her empathetic ability, she felt Solara calming down and that made her happy.

"You're more than welcome, Solara. It's been my pleasure. I understand suffering. There's nothing wrong with needing to be comforted and I'll be here for you, okay?" she said in a gentle voice.

She affectionately reached out and brushed a stray hair away from the angel's face. Then, she continued speaking, in a more regular and casual tone of voice:

"Actually, I do. I like cream soda too, and so there a 6 pack in the fridge." She pointed the way to the kitchen. "Feel free to hang out for a while."

Milo wrote:
Karuna Sky wrote:

(Oh, whoops. I thought that the guests would interact with each other but most of the emphasis would be placed on the comforting. Must've misread something.)
(I apologize in advance for the tidal wave [of words]. Just got a lot of inspiration from doodling.)
"I'm not allowed to drink caffeine! Devin says I'm already really hyper and if I drink sugar I'll explode! And I don't wanna make a mess 'cuz this isn't my house. Heheh."

He chose a popsicle instead, took a seat on the patio and slid an iPad out from his duffel bag. Milo flicked it on and selected a video. "Surprise!!!!.mov", it read. He tapped it and the video began playing.
Surprise!!!!.mov
2020-06-07.png
The image blurs and sharpens and shudders as an older boy adjusts the position of the camera. He bears a striking resemblance to Milo.
"Kssssht! Mission control, this is special agent 'Wind-Breaker'! Come in, come in!" He's jerked into another position as it switches to a spliced clip.
"Right, so this is day 184 of my undercover mission here at the <redacted> Medical Institute. The hour is exactly 0800. No recent suspicious activity to report as of today. But I think they're onto me. Everyone's a little too nice. A bit fishy, I guess. But never fear. They'll never see past my BRILLIANT disguise!" He whips off the wig, revealing a naked scalp. "You'd never guess, right?! WHOOOO! I can feel the air through my bald head! HAHAHAHAHAAA!"
<Scene change> "Good morning, Mr. Raven! How are you feeling today?" asks the woman in the blue uniform.
"I feel like takin' a walk."
"Well, that's going to have to wait," she replies after examining the apparatus next to his bed. The nurse presses an instrument to his forehead and the boy scoffs.
"What's this? A torture device? Forget it, I'll never talk!"
Her eyes roam around the room as she jots down numbers onto her clipboard. "Oh, are you recording for this for Milo?"
"Hmph. I don't know what you're talking about," he says.
"Ah, so that explains the theatrics. Tell him I said hi the next time he visits, okay?"
<Scene change> He is wolfing down the bagel and eggs from the trolley. The wig has assumed its usual position perched on his head. "Yunno what," he mumbles from a mouthful of bagel. "I don't care if this stuff is poisoned. It's frickin' delicious. I bet even angels don't have stuff this good. Heh. Maybe I'll be seeing one if I eat any more of it."
<Scene change> "Hey...Milo. You still with me, bud?" his tone still maintains playful luster but has grown a bit more somber. He scratches his head and sighs. "Look. I know you heard mom and dad talking about all...this. To be honest, I don't really know what else to say. Besides... well..." A bit of a pause as he picks at the words. "We, uh... we've been pretending the whole time haven't we." It's not a question. He clears his throat and starts again. "Milo, it isn't good to pretend everything's okay, you know? I mean, when was the last time you felt happy after any of this? And I mean really, truly happy?"
Don't answer it out loud, of course. This is a recording and I won't hear shi- uh - I won't hear anything. Eh. I digress. The thing is, it isn't a good thing to pretend to be happy when you really aren't. Keeping all these feelings cooped up while wearing a smiling mask...*sigh* you're just gonna drive yourself crazy. Ya wanna be brave for your big bro. I like that about you. But sometimes the braver thing to do is to admit when everything's not okay. We're only human."
"You're a good kid, Milo. You always put others before yourself and make everyone around you feel good. ...That's why every time you smile, I want it to be real. I want you to see that there are so many people here who love you more than anything. Those are all the people you've helped, ya little scamp. And you're gonna help so many more.
Now, I know what you're thinking. Real deep inside you're wondering why you couldn't help me. The answer is...you already have. Growing up together with you and being able to call you my little brother; laughing and crying together with you. This is all I ever wanted. My only regret is that I don't get to keep watching you grow."
Well... I guess that's not really true. I'll be right there in your head. And someday when you're older, you can look in the mirror and I'll be there every time. You can say 'you really nailed it today, little bro'. Because that's exactly what I'll be telling ya from wherever I am. I know you'll do great. It's going to be hard at first, not gonna lie here. But you can do it."
<Scene change> "You get the part about the mirror, right? Cuz yunno, we're doppelgangers. Look-alikes except I'm bigger than you. Like a mommy and a daddy rabbit ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ with ▓▓▓▓▓▓ but ▓▓ and one of the babies was like '▓▓▓▓ ▓▓ ▓▓▓▓▓!' and yet-..."
"Oh, flippin' heck. Is thing recording?! ...crap."
<Scene change> "Milo, buddy... I'm not sure how much of that you heard. Eh... trust me, you're gonna find that really funny when you're 18 or something."
<Scene change> "Take care of Mom and Dad for me, okay? This is going to be hard for them too. They're not...*clicks tongue*...bad people. They just weren't ready to be parents yet. So all you have to do is stick with 'em. Make sure the family stays together. You can do that for me, right?"
"Okay well, it's time for me to sleep now. I'll see you bright and early when you come visit." He kisses his knuckles and bumps the camera affectionately. "I love you Milo. Sweet dreams."

<Video end.>
<Play again?> <Yes / No>

Ever since his brother had started chemotherapy, Milo could remember planning to grow his hair as long as possible so he could donate it to him. He had waited for a long time, not telling anyone about the idea until asking his mother to cut his hair. In the end, though, Devin hadn't needed it.
It was quick. An aneurysm in the middle of the night. It had been Milo's fifth birthday.
"I'm sorry, Devin."
And for the first time, he let the tears fall. Years of emotion burst from the floodgates. It was as if every droplet contained all of the pent-up feelings ever since the diagnosis. They fell gently against the screen. Flowed down into the cracked area from when Devin had accidentally sat on the screen. Devin. A face stared back at the boy from the now-empty screen. Milo's face. And also his brother's.
Devin.

...Devin.

((Wow. That was really moving and sweet. And what a great doodle.))

After talking to everyone else and everything was more or less settled, Karuna started cleaning up the room.

Suddenly, she felt a wave of deep emotion coming from outside and she knew it must be something going on with Milo.

She paused what she was doing and her eyes instantly filled with tears as she felt the intensity of it. She let out a shaky breath and composed herself, putting down the bag of empty soda cans in her hand on the table, and slipped through the sliding glass door out onto the patio.

Seeing him crying she knelt down beside him, and put her arm around him. Looking at the screen he was holding, she wondered what he had just watched.

"I'm sensing that you miss somebody," the Native American woman said to the child, her voice gentle and lightly accented. She hugged him tighter and let him cry for as long as he needed to, until he was ready to talk, and then asked him, "Do you want to talk about it? Is there a picture on this iPad of the person you miss? I'll bet they loved you very much."

And for the next half an hour or so she listened to whatever Milo wanted tell her about his brother and was there for him.

(Whoop. Double post)

Milo wrote:
Quote:
((Wow. That was really moving and sweet. And what a great doodle.))

After talking to everyone else and everything was more or less settled, Karuna started cleaning up the room.

Suddenly, she felt a wave of deep emotion coming from outside and she knew it must be something going on with Milo.

She paused what she was doing and her eyes instantly filled with tears as she felt the intensity of it. She let out a shaky breath and composed herself, putting down the bag of empty soda cans in her hand on the table, and slipped through the sliding glass door out onto the patio.

Seeing him crying she knelt down beside him, and put her arm around him. Looking at the screen he was holding, she wondered what he had just watched.

"I'm sensing that you miss somebody," the Native American woman said to the child, her voice gentle and lightly accented. She hugged him tighter and let him cry for as long as he needed to, until he was ready to talk, and then asked him, "Do you want to talk about it? Is there a picture on this iPad of the person you miss? I'll bet they loved you very much."

And for the next half an hour or so she listened to whatever Milo wanted tell her about his brother and was there for him.

(Drew it on a piece of toilet paper. LOL)

Milo's tiny chest heaved a little. "...It's Devin. He got sick a long time ago." He clicked another
video

A shaky camera reveals a younger Milo sitting next to his brother. He's watching Devin play Hollow Knight.
"Devin?"
'Uh-huh?'
"What will I be like when I grow up?"
'Ah, dang it! Die already, you stupid boss! Um...when you grow up, eh? Well. That's more of something you decide for yourself. If I had to guess, I'd say you'll probably be a lot like me. Looks and all.'
"...oh..."
'Hey! Don't sound so disappointed, I'm not that much of a dork!'
" *titter* Are you sure?"
'Wh- of course I'm sure! I have a girlfriend, at least."
"But Gretchen said you're just friends."
'Well...She's my girlfriend. Sorta."
"But she said that's something two people decide on. Are you two people, Devin?"
'Uh...'
"Like how Batman is two people? I would believe you if you said yes. Nobody can be that weird without trying."
' *Sigh* I really regret teaching you how to have a sharp tongue. Heh. Maybe that's why not a lot of people come by to visit.'
"You don't have any friends?"
'I have Gretchen.'
"But I thought you said she was your girlfriend, not your friend."
'She's both.'
"Eh? But they're so different. Girlfriends and boyfriends do yucky stuff like kissing and too-much-cuddling."
'You'll get it when you're older, little dude.'
"But I don't wanna get older if I'm gonna be like you. Hee-hee!"
'Hey! What's so bad about being like me? I still love you even though you're mean to me.'
Milo wraps his arms around his brother. "And I still love you even though you have no friends."
'Haha, I'm gonna get you for that, ya little squirt!' replies Devin, ruffling the younger boy's hair.
This is met with a giggle. "I love you too, big bro!"
<Video end.>

The image froze as the video ended. The dark-haired boy brought balled fists to his streaming eyes and then tenses up in the Cherokee woman's arms. Holding in all of those emotions had had the effect of drawing back on a bow. For a while he was unable to form any words. They were broken up into watery gasps by the sobs racking his chest.
After a while, he regained enough composure to form some shaky words.

"*sniff* You can't bring Devin back, and you can't make everything okay, but you can show that you care. And you don't even have to pretend. Why do I feel better because of that?"

When he smiled again, Milo seemed much more at peace. He was silent for a while.

"I think I want to be like you when I grow up," he said. "You welcome anybody who is hurting with open arms, no matter who they are. You show them you care and then the world doesn't look so heartless anymore."
Milo stood slowly. He wrapped his arms around Karuna and gave a firm squeeze.

"This one is for you. Thank you for helping all those people, ma'am!"
Karuna Sky wrote:
Solara Solis wrote:
Karuna Sky wrote:
Solara Solis wrote:
Karuna Sky wrote:
Solara Solis wrote:
Karuna Sky wrote:
Solara Solis wrote:

"

Karuna shot her a bright smile, as she realized the angel intended to stay awhile. With her empathetic ability, she felt Solara calming down and that made her happy.

"You're more than welcome, Solara. It's been my pleasure. I understand suffering. There's nothing wrong with needing to be comforted and I'll be here for you, okay?" she said in a gentle voice.

She affectionately reached out and brushed a stray hair away from the angel's face. Then, she continued speaking, in a more regular and casual tone of voice:

"Actually, I do. I like cream soda too, and so there a 6 pack in the fridge." She pointed the way to the kitchen. "Feel free to hang out for a while."

"You're a good person for comforting someone as broken like me." Smiling at the human warmly since they were friends in no time. Feeling her brush a stray hair of her black hair from her face as she heard cream soda was here. This made her excited as she went to the kitchen, grabbing one from the fridge, and sat down on the couch with a romantic anthology book she usually kept on her. Having many of them at home to help her study love.
Connor Kenway (played anonymously)

Karuna Sky wrote:
"Wachin ksapa yo," Karuna returned in greeting. Through her travel across time and space as part of the group that was chosen to work for the Oasis, a magical place of healing created by the elders of several peoples, she had interacted with the Sioux enough to know enough to roughly understand their language.

She withdrew her hand from him when she saw and felt his discomfort with the gesture.

"Thank you for telling me that," she said when he explained that he was uncomfortable being embraced. "And, of course, I will listen to your tale. What's happened?"

"No, thank you, for doing this." Ratonhnake:ton exhaled faintly from his nostrils and lowered his head slightly once Karuna assured him she was not going to try to hug him. It was the only thing that had held him back from coming to this place, and now that he knew that his personal space was going to be respected, he had no reason to hold back.

The Brave looked up, blue eyes full of fury and intensity. Wild, wide eyes like those of a wolf in the snow. "Sister.." He began. "I am here to admit that I am riddled with jealousy." He trembled in anger, shaking with a fury of one who had been denied and scorned for, perhaps, all his life. "I have endured so many battles, lost so much, bled and toiled not only to just survive.. but to actively make this world a better place."

"And I am given nothing but scraps for my efforts. I look onto others, those who have had a much easier life, and see how they are given rewards for things that I have done. Merits for challenges they have never accomplished. I see their laughing faces, their smiles, and I do not share in their happiness, I only feel.. betrayed!"

"Betrayed.. because I chose this life, of a warrior.. to do that which is hard and difficult.. but when I return to my lodge, there is nothing for me, only the distant echoes of those that I have helped in the distance.. mocking me with their happiness. Mocking me.. for being a simpleton, and a fool.. for thinking that the Great Spirit would reward me for being selfless. That I would be given my due for doing that which no one wants. For standing against injustice, and oppression, and upholding all the values of freedom and justice."

Suddenly, he begins to stagger, and he holds his head, teeth bared as he clenches his jaw. "I have.. nothing.. I am not a greedy man, I do not wish for a fortune or wealth in the weight of all my kills. I only ask.. to not be miserable."

The warrior falls to his knees, holding his head in great pain. Even in the very depths of his despair, he is unable to cry, such is his pride as a Brave that he cannot show any weakness. Only the raging struggle within.

"My tomahawk is blunt.. my gunpowder is spent.. my quiver empty... my blood... spilled... I have nothing to show for my victories but sorrow..."

"Do I not.. deserve to be happy?"
Lammy (played anonymously)

Unsure of how to feel about the ensuing events, Lammy shuffled herself into a corner as she watched the events unfold before her. She originally came her for a hug, in all honesty, but after hearing this guy's story, the lamb instead decided to wait for him to have his turn.

Ever so subtly, Lammy would sink to the floor, slightly plopping herself down as she pulled her guitar out of...seemingly nowhere. With this, the lamb played a few tunes, maybe add to the atmosphere of his soliloquy. Playing a few dramatic chords as the previously speaking person had gone into depth on what seemed to be his life story. While it did entertain her for a little bit, Lammy wasn't particularly to bent out of shape to match it.

Lammy only continued to play a few chords and songs, waiting for her turn to get a hug came by. She missed a show two days ago, and to her, missing a show is like locking yourself out of a car. If you forget, you lose the oppotunity to go anywhere else for a while. The thought of her missed concert absolutely destroyed her attention on anything to do with this dudes killing habits or whatever. Lammy was too distracted.

In this moment, she held tightly onto her guitar, tearing up. She didn't want to interrupt anyone's gush session, but she really couldn't handle what happened to her. Lammy took it way too seriously, but that's how she is. She loves playing with the band, but now she feels like she let them down.

She didn't know what to do, until almost instinctivly scrunching up into a ball of tears.
Sam Love (played by superweirdego)

hello? *Sam enters, not fully sure what is going on. All she knows is that there might be hugs are people around*
"Bonjour, p..please may I have a hug madame?" Charlotte asked shifting her weight back and forth from each whiney Mary Jane. She had no clue how she had gotten here nore how far from her home underground she was, but she heard of a person willing to give hugs if they desired. Living a life in solitude with very few overseers made her not use to mutch social interaction and quiet confused when it came to physical contact. But she was no longer underground and wished to make the most of her time above. Wanting to learn and see what it is that humans do she just hoped her untamed powers would stay in line.

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » Free virtual hugs (open)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus