Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » My Novel! :D

http://celestinagrey.deviantart.com/art/The-Forgotten-Brigands-Novel-214511445

This is my National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo) novel that I wrote! I beat the limit (50k words), so I was qualified for a promo code that got me a free proof copy of my novel! :D

Cover art is all thanks to www.nataliadsw.deviantart.com ! :)
Darth_Angelus Moderator

Congrats! :D

When you get a professional copy of your creation, that you can put on a shelf alongside others, it's very exciting. So glad you're getting that thrill :D
Kim Site Admin

I... LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE NANOWRIMO

I am so glad you got the thrill of taking part in it, and the amazing prize of your very own novel! When I was a young whippersnapper, the only prize you got for winning NaNoWriMo was a feeling of accomplishment. Not one of these newfangled paper bricks! ;)
That is so awesome, Celes ;-; Now I'm extremely curious about what your novel is about. o:
Great job Celestina, I hope your effort pays off.
How awesome would it be that RPR brings forth fantastic authors one day?
CelestinaGrey Topic Starter

Thank you, everyone! And Dath, you're so right! It's amazing having even just one copy of something that I actually wrote, in real physical book form! Mink, here's the little synopsis on the back of the book; A delivery girl; a thief; a child genius; a blind butler; and a police captain bent on regaining her pride. The most unlikely of people find themselves sudden companions (and enemies) as they are pulled into the excitement of harboring a fugitive, running from police and air pirates alike, and finding out what it truly means to live a life. Set in a future much farther than any we could imagine, they have it all; the gadgets, the gizmos, the flying cars and ships and the deadly (or simply stunning) blasters. The story is sure to be a wild ride.

And here's an excerpt from the actual book; ‘Flying cars don’t exist’, you say? ‘Even human technology can’t get that far’? Yeah, that’s what I used to think too. But look around you; you’re obviously wrong. This is Alphador, my home planet. My name is Cassandra. And this is a story of how just a handful of people changed my life…forever.

:)
Kim wrote:
I... LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE NANOWRIMO

I am so glad you got the thrill of taking part in it, and the amazing prize of your very own novel! When I was a young whippersnapper, the only prize you got for winning NaNoWriMo was a feeling of accomplishment. Not one of these newfangled paper bricks! ;)

KIM YOU ARE SO RIGHT! I love NaNoWriMo! And I only learned of it last year. So many years of my life wasted without knowing of this awesome thing! And about the prizes, I know! xD The rest of the prizes were these neat little internet badges, and a printable certificate. So I was like 'oh okay, it's just little stuff'. But you also got a promo code for a discount on some sort of writing program, and then you got a promo code to get your own proof copy on createspace.com ! I was like this: O_O

I'm betting that was new, or a special prize for that year only, or something. I'll be surprised if they do it again xD But who knows? The site might actually profit more because, even though they're sending out free book copies, some of the writers are probably really serious about what they wrote and so they're publishing it! Who knows? :)

I'm just THRILLED to have my book! <3

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » My Novel! :D

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus