Skip to main content

Forums » Art & Creativity » Designing a Monster (Art Contest-Closed)

The contest is officially closed!

Thank you so much to all the lovely entrants and their creepy entries! It was really wonderful seeing everyone's art and how they inturpreted my unusual idea. Unfortunately at the end of the day, or contest in this case, there can only be one winner and that winner is..........
Birdy99 and their flaming angel!

giphy.gif

Between the wheels with many eyes, the dark wings, the horrifying feminine imagery and all of it being on fire, they really gave me something that works with my rp idea but that I also never would have thought of myself.

Everyone had really unique ideas though and as promised, everyone gets their consolation prize! I'll start working on getting those out this weekend. Thank you again to everyone who participated. This honestly garnered much more interest than I had expected so I'll definitely be doing it again in the not too distant future. Hope to see you all again in my next contest!

Edit: I've had a request to extend the deadline for those wanting to enter but not able to make it this week. I was inclined to listen as when I originally put this contest together I didn't realize it would overlap with Epic Week! XD So! You now have until
May 8th! May 8th! May 8th!

That's right! One whole extra week to make those entries nice and pretty. Or extra horrifying. Either works. Or both. Both is good.

Welcome, welcome, one and all to my fabulous design contest! It's fun for the whole family! If your family likes nightmare abominations from the depths of Hell itself! I mean, I don't know your family. Maybe they do! I'm not here to judge. Well, I mean, I am here to judge but...

I'm getting off topic.

Welcome to the Design an Eldritch Horror/Fallen Angel Abomination CompetitionTM! This is open to any who would like to compete, mostly because I wasn't sure which of the many amazing artists on this site it would be best to approach for this unique and rather specific commission. So instead I'm going to offer anyone who is interested the opportunity to throw their hat in the ring!

The Subject:

I'm in need of a design for my character Deville for a specific rp. In this rp she's an ancient fallen angel masquerading as a powerful witch. However, in the universe of the rp true angels have true forms which are 'beyond mortal comprehension' as inspired by this comic.

Requirements/Restrictions:

-I would like her concept to be decidedly inhuman but still recognizably female/feminine, if that makes sense.
-I'm looking for something that is other worldly, angelic, unsettling, and also clearly evil.
-No blood/gore.
-No nipples/nudity.

-Sketches are fine so long as I can tell what's going on but line art is preferred. If you want to post a sketch for consideration in the competition before committing to a fully drawn/colored piece, that's fine. Just include that information with your post.
-Color is welcome but not required. Including a color palette with a non-colored piece will earn you bonus points.
-You are free to pm me your work if you'd rather not post it publicly.
-I will always credit you. Period. Full stop.

Rewards:

Since I want to encourage as many people to participate as possible, I'm going to be offering participation awards! If you post here or pm me a design, even if I don't choose to go with it, you will automatically receive an Enchanted Silk Cloak at the end of the competition!

Are you the lucky winner of this competition? Huzzah! Way to go you! You will receive a Bacon and a Wand of Epicness! (( If it's clear your design took a lot of time and effort and thought and care I may throw something more in because I would never want to undervalue you as an artist. ))

Time Frame:

I'm going to keep this thread/competition open until May 8th. I'll announce the winner bare minimum by May 10th. If you have an idea/concept that you're working on but you need more time to complete it, contact me via pm. I'm happy to work with you.

Disclaimer:

I reserve the right to disqualify you if you're a dick. I reserve the right to end this competition at any time and possibly without warning due to real world considerations. If this happens, participation awards will still be given out provided my real world situation allows.

Also, it is entirely possible that I may not end up choosing to incorporate any of the designs proposed. If this is the case, everyone will still get participation awards! I may instead chose to pick a participant to refine their design or simply do a full commission, in which case that participant would be contacted and compensation would be discussed directly.

Questions:

You got 'em? Post them here and I'll answer!

And with that: Let the drawing commence!
Am enterin' :D will edit with art when done <3 This is so excite. I am excite to challenge myself.

edit: Here it is.

Might not be what you're lookin' for but it is what came into my head personally reading what you were looking for, so at the very least I did my best. :P

Art
dev_v_1_smaller_.png
I will be entering as well ^w^! I will add the art when I am done~
I’d be happy to enter! :D I do have a quick question though, are traditional drawings or more than one drawing allowed? Or is it strictly digital, or one entry per person?
Dndmama Topic Starter

Crystaldragon126 wrote:
I’d be happy to enter! :D I do have a quick question though, are traditional drawings or more than one drawing allowed? Or is it strictly digital, or one entry per person?

Excellent questions!

However you want to draw or are inspired to draw or are best at drawing, feel free to draw that way. I'll even accept crop circles if you can get a good aerial shot of it. All I ask is that any pictures of traditional drawings be clear enough to decipher.

As for multiple entries, sure! Go for it if you feel inspired! It will only be one prize, participation or grand prize, per person, though. So throwing ten drawings at me won't earn you ten cloaks. It will just increase your chances of striking my fancy and hitting that bigger pay off.
Dndmama wrote:
Crystaldragon126 wrote:

Excellent questions!

However you want to draw or are inspired to draw or are best at drawing, feel free to draw that way. I'll even accept crop circles if you can get a good aerial shot of it. All I ask is that any pictures of traditional drawings be clear enough to decipher.

As for multiple entries, sure! Go for it if you feel inspired! It will only be one prize, participation or grand prize, per person, though. So throwing ten drawings at me won't earn you ten cloaks. It will just increase your chances of striking my fancy and hitting that bigger pay off.

Alright, thank you! :D I’m more experienced in traditional than I am digital, but I’m trying to work in both. I’ll probably do a traditional and then make a digital version of it!
Dndmama Topic Starter

I do have another character that I am struggling with visually/design-wise. Should this contest garner enough interest/entrants, I may run another of these for that character as well. So we'll see how it goes!
not joining, just because I'm not good at non-humanoid visages n' things, but have a free bump! Excited to see what comes out of this <3
Sketches for consideration!!

The first one gives me a more fish-like vibe honestly but I think its kinda eerie so that's why its up for consideration instead of in the bin.

383-D0372-9-DFA-40-EA-9217-FD818-BFAAFF7.png

The second one gives me more of a dark angel, instead of a fallen angel feeling but its still up for consideration anyways.

4026373-E-C9-D9-486-A-8-D21-E7-F165-B4-DDB1.png
Lineart with a color selection for it! If you select this piece I'll color it in.

LW1uasZ.jpg
Dndmama Topic Starter

These are some great entries! Very cool and creepy looking. It's a really strong start!

There's still time to enter though! Don't be shy! Come on down and join the show!
Hope this is alright, I was having trouble trying to get a link to my drawing so I had to do this!

my drawing!
Dndmama Topic Starter

The link works perfectly. I've done the same thing with Imgur myself. Very creepy entry.
I’m glad it does! It’s my first time sending a link to some of my art
Retracting my submission. <3
A little Birdy told me to enter this and it's already April 28 AAAA!
The flame brush is too much fun, so I definitely went overboard with it but....welp.

here it is
38-B283-B6-7-F22-4-D06-903-B-37812-B9-AD738.png
Dndmama Topic Starter

Lucidus wrote:
A little Birdy told me to enter this and it's already April 28 AAAA!

If you need more time, I'm not averse to extending the end day. Just let me know!
Dndmama Topic Starter

Contest due date extended until May 8th! Original post updated to reflect this! Do art! Do art! Do art!
She's not exactly like the image you mentioned, but here is a metallic hoofed lady! :)

U4S4oTG.jpg

You are on: Forums » Art & Creativity » Designing a Monster (Art Contest-Closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus