Skip to main content

Forums » Art & Creativity » Official Contest: Cooking Contest 2020

Dragonfire Moderator

I see birthday cakes have been a bit of a theme this year! And I wholeheartedly agree.

It wouldn’t be Epic Week without a big ol’ cake at the end.

7KcquX9.jpg

Fancy a journey back through Epic Weeks? More photos here!
YbjQQLr.jpg
FMTWpJc.jpg
W6Pofy5.jpg
RKDIFCq.jpg
35RzARQ.jpg
73jlyAd.jpg

Three tiers over six years - spanning all of the cakes that we’ve seen in our many adventures. All celebrating a grand, fantastic ten years of the best dang RP website known to humankind.

In the interests of quarantine and not having a buttload of cake to eat between myself and my husband (although, dang, it would be delicious), the bottom two tiers of the Epic Cake here are styrofoam covered with fondant and icing.

The top tier - a much more manageable size of cake for two! - is hiding a reflection of RPR’s logo: a deep, dark chocolate cake layered with vanilla swiss buttercream icing. And more fondant, of course. ;)

The best part happens, though, when you cut the lights.

JwOhAY4.jpg

And have another for good measure, although I don't think my blacklight was powerful enough.
DkJ6Wxa.jpg

Whether having us partake in sci-fi space battles, or exploring undersea ruins, Epic Week has always, always had that touch of magic to it.

Recipes used here include:

Triple Dark Chocolate Cake from The Tough Cookie
Swiss Meringue Buttercream from Natasha’s Kitchen
Glow in the Dark Buttercream from Hoosier Homemade (Requires a better blacklight than I have for the full effect. :P)

Aaaand my reference image was this!
Kim Topic Starter Site Admin

I'm prodding judges today! Thank you everyone for your patience. We should have results on contests really soon! :)
Kim Topic Starter Site Admin

After all the scores were turned in from the judges and everything was added up, we discovered that we had a LOT of ties in the top 5 slots. Point margins were razor-thin! So we had to go back in for some tie-breaker rounds, which took awhile. Decisions were kinda painful.

So finally, I can announce some winners!

1. Dragonfire - All Epic Week Cakes in One
2. Somnom Energy Cookies
3. Tusitala RPR Bread
4. Fastgirl01 for her Wizard of Oz Cake
5. Quipy_Cat The Mallow Log
6. Claine - recreation of Pokemon's Spicy Sausage Curry
Woohooo!! Congrats, everyone!!! :D
Congrats, folks!
Claine Moderator

Congratulations to all the other winners :D Everything looked sooooo delicious!!
Congrats everyone!

@Dragonfire your cake looks like something I've only ever seen on TV...truly amazing, wish I could try a piece!!
Dragonfire Moderator

Congratulations, everyone! That was a bunch of truly delicious work. :D

(Thank you, Orrik! I can't say that what is left of it would taste very good - the styrofoam's pretty chewy, hahah - but the bit that was actual cake was pretty delectable!)

You are on: Forums » Art & Creativity » Official Contest: Cooking Contest 2020

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus