Skip to main content

Forums » Epic Week 2020 » Warrior Co-ordination and Chat

Dragonfire Moderator

This is a thread to help warrior-folks defend the batteries and time gates from the onslaught of the local wildlife! (Try not to get eaten!)

New waves of dinos spawn at the batteries and the gate at the top of the hour. Additionally, there's a new round every 5 minutes. Your stamina and monster HP resets to full at the beginning of every round. Team up to defeat harder monsters before the round ends!

Almost every dino is too strong for a solo warrior to defeat -- you'll need to coordinate with your friends and other warriors to make sure you all attack the same dino at once. (Use this thread for that! ;) Or come pile into the Epic Week Discord server!)
Dragonfire Topic Starter Moderator

Helpful Stuff!

Weapons

You can try to punch dinos, but they've got scaly armored hides. Not recommended. Try grabbing a weapon and joining the fray!

In general, colours usually give you a hint about what weapons work best against what critter. Green, try swords or whips. Red, try axes. Blue, try guns! And if you have a grenade or rocket launcher, well... Those are pretty effective against just about anything. :P

Where to find weapons? Well...
Once you have weapons, you can also use either Moa or Aalto's repair services to keep up those durability points. One might have a better deal going on than the other! But there are rumours that if you use one exclusively, you might get some bonuses for being a loyal customer...

Health and Healing

While your stamina regenerates fully each round, your HP will recover more slowly, 5 HP per round. If you want a little more of a boost, you'll need to get your hands on some Party Hats of Healing (or Super Party Hats!). You'll find these randomly around the site, or you can check the Epic Armory for some!

Watch out for status conditions! We've seen poison, blight, and bleed in the past, and it stands to reason we'll see 'em again. These conditions can interfere with your healing ability and ability to hit monsters! Poison and blight can be cured with medicinal healing herbs or stimsprays, or by waiting for four hours. The only cure for bleeding is to tough it out for a few rounds.

Bestiary

A list of monster stats that we've seen so far! Click their names for more information.

Archaeopteryx
HP: 25
AC: 10
Attack bonus: 0
Damage: 1d4
Crit Range: 20
Angry Archaeopteryx
HP: 75
AC: 11
Attack bonus: 1
Damage: 1d6
Ancient Archaeopteryx
HP: 100
AC: 12
Attack bonus: 2
Damage: 1d8

The Archys are pretty easy to take out! A solo, armed warrior might be able to handle one of them on their own.

Utah Raptor
HP: 75
Damage: 2d6
Crit Range: 19
Angry Utah Raptor
HP: 150
Damage: 2d8
Wily Utah Raptor
HP: 225
AC: 13
Attack bonus: 3
Damage: 2d10
Crit Range: 18
Clever girls. Watch out for pack attacks. They can inflict bleeding wounds!

Stegosaurus
HP: 125
Damage: 1d6
Angry Stegosaurus
HP: 250
Damage: 1d8
Ancient Stegosaurus
HP: 375
Damage: 1d10

Pachycephalosaurus
HP: 200
Damage: 2d6
Angry Pachycephalosaurus
HP: 300
Damage: 2d8
Wily Pachycephalosaurus
HP: 600
Damage: 2d10
Crit Range: 18
Big ol' sacks of HP and hit like a freight train. You're going to need to co-ordinate to take these ones out!

Tyrannosaurus Rex
HP: 13000?
(stats as of 5000HP, likely to change as it gets enraged/weaker)
AC: 15
Attack bonus: 5
Damage: 5d8
Crit Range: 17
Oh cripes, our first boss fight! T-rex can inflict bleeding, and also poison. (Did they have venomous teeth way back when? I'm sure archaeologists are dying to find out!)

We're also seeing a return of the Xenobeasts from 2017 as we fight through the hallways of the Die Star! Zelphyr's guide on the Epic Armory is a great reference for those.
Ready to rock and roll! This is starting out a lot tougher than monsters last year! :) (Love it!)
giphy.gif
Kim Site Admin

He's down, but he critted me to uber death on the way out XD
WelchsGrapeJuice

Nevermind, I read a guide. Is there a discord server for the warrior chat up yet?

Sorry, I'm just shuffling information into the guide above at the moment, hahah.

There is not, I don't think? But launching this forum thread as a chat would work well for co-ordinating attacks. :)
Graideds started on this one: https://www.rprepository.com/events/epicweek/monster/3060 Can we coordinate? There's a ton of dinos!
WelchsGrapeJuice

Yes, lets
WelchsGrapeJuice

I think we might lose this one
Ah well. Half the warriors probably haven't even noticed this thread yet. We'll get better coordinated!
WelchsGrapeJuice

Thank you for the equipment from the armory by the way! it saved my butt!

Growing pains! It always takes a little while to get the rhythm. :)

Please do feel free to share around the thread, though! The more folks we can pull in here, the better our strikes can be.
Have you joined that group WGJ? Anyone can take weapons from there. I didn't really catch on to that until like halfway through the event last year
(The Epic Armory)

WelchsGrapeJuice

I've only read about it as of yet, so I'll join it now

You are on: Forums » Epic Week 2020 » Warrior Co-ordination and Chat

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus