Skip to main content

Forums » Art & Creativity » Design a K-Pop Idol - Contest (CLOSE - Cash Prize)

This is inspired by a character designing contest I held quite a while ago, and the 'design a monster' contest my lovely friend Dndmama is doing! (Post format is 100% stolen from her :P love you <3 )

I have been looking to create a k-pop idol character for a while and I thought... huh I should do a designing contest. I love these contests and seeing everyones beautiful art work.

What you need to know: Characters name (atm) is unknown and he's 26. On top of vocals he writes quite a few songs, as well as plays electric guitar, the ever unappreciated electric violin, and tends to be the quiet mysteriously steamy one of the group. He loves starbursts, crows, and wacky earrings. Preference for longer hair but do what comes to your mind. ;)

Requirements/Restrictions:

- Design/Character must be male. Some level of androgyny is fine.
- I doubt I need to say this, but character must be Asian, Korean is preferred of course, but since it's possible for someone to have been born elsewhere and move to Korea, he doesn't have to specifically appear Korean.
- Include a note of his height in your design somehow. Whether written out simply or a height line.
- No Nudity.
- Refined sketches welcome but line art is preferred.
- Color is appreciated but not required, bonus points if you include a color palette with a non-colored piece.
- You can PM me your work if you don't want to post publicly in the thread.
- You will be credited for your work.
- High resolution, 300DPI is preferred.

Rewards:

ENTRY PRIZE:

FOUR PEOPLE will receive a cloak just for entering. :) If more than four people are left after the initial prizes, they will be decided via dice.

2 Runner Ups:

There will be two people whom though their designs weren't chosen, were close, and those two runner ups will receive a silk cloak!

Winner: The winner of this contest, whose art is chosen to represent my character, will receive an hourglass with 1 use (6 months of epicness). PLUS newly added: $10! $10 whole buckaroonies paid via paypal or amazon gift card, whichever you'd like.

Time Frame:

This contest will close on May 31st - a little over a month - and a winner will be announced by June 5th.

If you have any questions feel free to ask!

DISCLAIMER: In the event that no designs appeal to me enough to be chosen as winner, 6 people will still receive cloaks for entering.
MercyInReach Topic Starter

((ignore accidentally replied instead of edit))
Oh man, it's been a long time since I finished an art piece but I have quite a few kpop idol Oc's so I'm inclined to give this one a try!!

Murkysoulwaters wrote:
Oh man, it's been a long time since I finished an art piece but I have quite a few kpop idol Oc's so I'm inclined to give this one a try!!

Oh you so should!

No one be shy, I promise I don't bite and just want to run a fun and inspiring contest ^-^

CHANGE: Now FOUR people who enter will all receive an enchanted cloak just for entering. Including the two people, that's SIX people will receive silk cloaks. Since it's unlikely more than six people will enter, this likely means everyone who enters will receive a silk cloak. Some of the cloaks are colors other than blue, so lucky you!
Placeholder, entering!

I am bumping the contest to end Sunday May 31st, instead of the 26th!

PLUS newly added winners prize: $10! $10 whole buckaroonies paid via paypal or amazon gift card, whichever you'd like.
sketch version
0850597-E-867-E-4-CA1-B05-B-873-CFEFD3749.png

lining and colour
AA7-A0-A9-C-757-B-40-E6-B96-C-91-DF1-EC30611.png
AdoniVae

If this is still open, I would like to participate :D

AdoniVae wrote:
If this is still open, I would like to participate :D

Hi! Yes it ends on the 31st, as I extended it. Sorry about forgetting to edit the main post. You have 4 more days.
I have an entry drawn but I haven't gotten the chance to post it. x.x If we haven't lost power when I get home from work, I'll try to get my sketch up and hopefully finish the colored version.
AdoniVae

Eyy, I got it done! :D

Lineart

Untitled159_20200528084709.png

Coloured

Untitled159_20200528084715.png
Ahh, I'm running out of time!

Here's my sketch:
See more
l8Ik67y.jpg

Notes on the side read-
Height: 175cm
Hair color: gray with lavender tips
Eyes: brown
Double eyelids? Yes
Main colors: Charcoal, purple, indigo, and gold

Shirt on the right is based on this beautiful thing L is wearing: X

Colored wip
See more
K2op3SK.jpg

Thank you everyone who entered!

I will update this thread when I've made a decision!

Congratulations AdoniVae! You have won the contest!

It was not easy to decide trust me, all art was really lovely, but didn't quite strike me for this particular character. Everyone who entered, besides the winner, will be receiving a silk cloak!

I will send AdoniVae's winnings ASAP!

Thank you all for participating!

You are on: Forums » Art & Creativity » Design a K-Pop Idol - Contest (CLOSE - Cash Prize)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus