Skip to main content

Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » Group Members

I'm curious, how are group members organized? For the most part it appears they're listed as to the order as they joined the group (creator on top, and so on.)
However I've noticed people joining a group (specifically TGT's) and getting thrown in seemingly at random, maybe on the first page.. maybe on the fourth.

I was just interested if there was some sort of crazy equation that lined them up, or if RPR was playing tricks on me. "OH DYLAN, I'm just going to plunk <insert name> right at the beginning just to mess with you! Teehee. <3"

XD
Sanne Moderator

It SHOULD put all members in chronological order... Top to bottom. If someone ends up at the top of the list, RPR needs a spanking. D=
Dylan Topic Starter

Yeah, I think I've had at least two, maybe three.. the reason I find that out is because as soon as a new member joins I go to the end of line to make sure their character is selected to be featured.
I would love some options on how to arrange members. Like a drop down box with options like 'A to Z' or 'In order of joining' or even just an option to manually rearrange by dragging members around.

Another thing I'd looooove to see is a ranking system option. Like 'levels' represented by stars or something that would arrange how characters were displayed on the members page of groups.
Dylan Topic Starter

Tasha wrote:
I would love some options on how to arrange members. Like a drop down box with options like 'A to Z' or 'In order of joining' or even just an option to manually rearrange by dragging members around.

Another thing I'd looooove to see is a ranking system option. Like 'levels' represented by stars or something that would arrange how characters were displayed on the members page of groups.

I was thinking the same thing - especially levels, or for an example, dream/group staff or moderators (special titles) being grouped, or grouped by when joined sort of thing.
Kim Site Admin

These are all great suggestions! I am writing them down. :D

Groups will be going through some major upheavals very soon. I want to make a push toward moving them closer to a real beta, and they need a lot of polish and experimentation before then.

In answer to the original question, the goal thus far has only been to make it function, not yet to make it function in a refined way. I've not yet written code to demand it put them in a certain order. The database returns an order according to its own mysterious preferences, and will continue to do so until the next round of revisions. There's no sense to it. Mostly it seems to prefer chronological order, but sometimes it's just nuts.

Founders always show up first, though!
Dylan Topic Starter

Alright! That makes sense, thanks Kim. (:
I look forward to the changes that the lot of you have stumbled upon. Tea and crumpets anyone?

You are on: Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » Group Members

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus