Skip to main content

Forums » Introductions » Hello!

Hello again

My name is Solaris12 (or just Solaris), and nice to meet anyone I'll meet in the future or anyone who's reading this message.

Where to start with all of this? I'm an avid reader, writer, RP'er, and philosophy student. It's no stretch of the imagination to say words are everything to me, and there's nothing more I enjoy than exploring new ideas, crafting new experiences for myself (and others!) to enjoy, and creating things that are overall worth it to be left behind.

As far as those "beautiful things" go, I tend to work by a "characters first" methodology. I love characters, and believe they're the soul of any body of work a person can possibly come up with. Because of that, the fastest way to get me interested in anything is to provide a character I can get intimately attached to, and I promise by extension to provide the same for as long as I remain here (fair's fair, after all!).

Typically I'm neutral genre since any group of characters I like or concepts I find interesting enough to explore will "catch my fancy," but I do have specifics. Most often I'm into fantasy and anything dealing with the active use of magic, mythological creatures, or supernatural elements such as gods or goddesses. I tend to deal with fantastic elements in any category, so even something as "simple" as a post-modern world of humans and beast-people live together would be enough to garner my interest!

I run the spectrum through Slice of Life, Science Fiction, Superpowers. I suppose my few kryptonites would be Steampunk and Westerns, but those typically come off more as setting pieces than worlds, so I suppose it's accurate to say I simply haven't seen a "good" one yet- I'm open to experimentation!

I typically write anywhere from two to three paragraphs when RP'ing, but my posting length also changes with my partner. I believe "brevity is the soul of wit," so to speak, so I try to include only the most meaningful information in both my writing and posts (ironic, I know, but stick with me). As a sort of "fair's fair" I expect others to do the same, since it's easy to tell when someone is either not giving their all or trying way too hard, and my level of interest often fluctuates based on how much I can tell you want to build something absolutely fantastic with me.

(Not to say I'm a stickler for highly technical writing- far from it!- but I like to see people always putting their best foot forward, and sometimes highly technical writing doesn't always satisfy that, and that's fine!)

All in all, I'm easy to work into things once I have an understanding of how they work. Outside of my love of knowledge and my ability to talk people's ears off, I'm easygoing, so I hope me and whoever's on the other end of this can get along really well!

-Solaris12
well hello! im new too nd your introduction was fascinatingso...
well hello! im new too nd your introduction was fascinatingso. accidentally sent it twice-
LakotaSiouxWarrior

Hello and welcome to the RPRepository family.
JauntyShoddyAsianporcupine-small.gif
HELLO AND WELCOME TO RPR!
I do hope you enjoy your stay and don't be shy to ask for any help if you need any.
Anyway, it's really nice to meet you and always stay safe! See you around! <3
Welcome to RPR, Solaris! :)

I like your take on what's important in an RP (despite your kryptonite being my favorite! ;) ). "brevity is the soul of wit." <-- I might need to steal that!

Best of luck in your search for fantastic stories to write and play!
EchoDremurr

Welcomeeee!
Hi there, welcome to RPR! I hope you have fun here and I'm glad you've joined us! Be sure to check out the forums once you're ready!
OjVcdsk.png
SALUTATIONS!
Welcome to RPR, I am Salazar and it's lovely to meet you! This is a great site, everyone is very friendly and helpful here, so don't be afraid to ask for help or advice at any point, we've got a wonderful community of people who would be more than happy to help. But here's a few tips on getting started:

- If you're looking to post a looking for roleplay post: go here. We also have a looking for adult roleplays forum, but you will need to go into your settings to be able to view that if you are 18+.
- Always make sure you address what kind of roleplay themes and writer styles you are looking for when making a LF RPs post. This prevents any misunderstandings.
- Don't be afraid to tell people if you can't respond or don't want to respond to a roleplay any more. Whether it's due to problems IRL or just a lack of motivation, we'd prefer to be told you'd like to stop the RP rather than being ghosted.

That's all from me for now, but I do hope you'll start some amazing RPs and make some awesome friends on this site!

Sincerely,
Salazar.
sarah18394729

Hey Kiddos!!!! Welcome to the new and improved RP Repository, I hope y'all have fun here and make new friends!!!
RedPandaFox

Welcome!! I really hope that you grow to love RPR and that RPR will work for you! I know that I love RPR and use it on a daily basis. Many roleplays to you!

You are on: Forums » Introductions » Hello!

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus