Skip to main content

Forums » Help » Adding a Page to Group

I bought the 7 extra page slots that the link provided but I'm not sure how to add it to my group.
Page slots a link provided...? Could you explain? Like, do you mean something you bought from the shop for adding pages to groups, like the Book of Blank Pages? If so, upon purchase the item goes to your inventory, and has to be "used" to actually be applied.

Hrm. I'm afraid I've never bothered with items for a group, so I'm not sure if it has to be used from the group's treasury instead of your inventory, or if there's some other method needed to apply the item to a group instead of to your account, and I'm not finding a clear and easy answer to that in the Help documentation. EDIT: There we go, looks like it does need to be used from inside the group's treasury according to this. Er, maybe, possibly not if you're the owner...? For an item that's not exclusive to groups, probably best to assume so, to be sure it doesn't get applied to your account instead.

But if you're past that and just trying to use pages already applied, here's the page for that: https://www.rprepository.com/help/editing-group-pages
Kim Site Admin

Make sure that the item is in your group treasury, and then hit "use" on the book.

If the item is in YOUR inventory, you can give it to the group to get it into the treasury.
QnQ

Kim wrote:
Make sure that the item is in your group treasury, and then hit "use" on the book.

If the item is in YOUR inventory, you can give it to the group to get it into the treasury.

How do you give these to your group?
It would be great if instructions could be added to the /group/manage/menu/ or user inventory or... somewhere! to make it easy for users to understand their purchase and maybe even buy more!
Directions for giving items to a group can be found in the site's Help documentation, on this page. An alternative to what's described there: if you go to your group's treasury and hit the "Donate items" button, you'll be taken to the "Give Inventory Items" page with the group already entered in the "Recipient" box, so you just have to select the item(s) you want to send from your Inventory and hit the "Send Items" button at the bottom of the page. :)

There's also info on sending items to other users over here.
Kim Site Admin

On your inventory page, click the "Give items" button at the top of the page. Then follow on-screen instructions from there. :)
QnQ

Thank you both so much!

I still would really love if this info or links to it were added to the user inventory & mod 'add pages blurb', as the info is great! But not easy to find without knowing where to look. Thanks!

You are on: Forums » Help » Adding a Page to Group

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus