Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » Final Fantasy Survey

MasterWinter

Not sure if this has been done or not, but I wanted to do this for fun as my curiousness is perked.

This is a survey that I created myself, since I've been playing a lot of Dissidia 012 Duodecim Final Fantasy. It's how I've learned about most of the FF heroes and villains. I've not played many of the FF games. This is for anyone who's played any FF games.

Note: Please remember to be respectful of other people's answers, and also please remember to respect and follow RPR rules/guidelines. Thanks!

Note II: Please use the collapse tag code when you share your answers. Thank you!

My own answers will be in a separate post.

Question one: Which Final Fantasy games have you played?

Question two: How many Final Fantasy games have you completed?

Question three: Which Final Fantasy Hero is your favorite? If you have more than one, that is fine.

Optional: Why are they your favorites?

Question four: Which Final Fantasy Villain is your favorite? If you have more than one, that is fine.

Question five: Which Final Fantasy Hero is your least favorite? If you have more than one, that is fine.

Optional: Why are they your least favorites?

Question six: Which Final Fantasy Villain is your least favorite? If you have more than one, that is fine.

Question seven: If you played any of the Dissidia games - Which character's walk do you like and why? (Not all character's simply walk or run)

Question eight: Which Final Fantasy character do you find most annoying?

Question nine: Which Final Fantasy character quote do you like best? If you have more than one, that is fine.

Question ten: Which Final Fantasy character can you relate to? If you have more than one, that is fine.

Question eleven: Which Final Fantasy character do you find the easiest to level up?

Question twelve: Which Final Fantasy character do you find difficult to level up?

Question thirteen: If you could live in a Final Fantasy world (game) which one would you pick?

Question fourteen: If you could live as a Final Fantasy character, which one would you pick and why?

Question fifteen: If you could create your Final Fantasy team, using character's from any FF game (which you can in the Dissidia games), who would be on your team? Max 5 characters.

Bonus question: To combat against your Final Fantasy team, you of course have to have villains. Which FF villains would combat your team? Max 5 characters.
MasterWinter Topic Starter

My Final Fantasy Answers

A: FF 1 Anniversary Edition, FF 2 Anniversary Edition, FF V, FF VI, Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII, 10, 10-2, Dissidia, and Dissidia 012 Duodecim.

A: Six. FF VI, Crisis Core, 10, 10-2 and both Dissidia games.

Question three: Which Final Fantasy Hero is your favorite? If you have more than one, that is fine.

A: Squall, Cloud, Cecil, Warrior of Light, Sir Auron

A: Cloud because I love his AC look, the fact he’s got a motorcycle to ride in AC. Squall because of his gunblade. Cecil is slightly biased due to the whole moon thing with him. Sir Auron because of his appearance and his move sets. And I don’t know about WoL yet.

Question four: Which Final Fantasy Villain is your favorite? If you have more than one, that is fine.

A: The Emperor, Kuja, Ject, Judge Gabranth

A: The Emperor just kind of clicked with me when I first got to know him more via the Dissidia games, so much so I used to rp as him.. And I enjoy playing him. I also prefer his pale robes, as I call him the Pale Emperor. Kuja because of his dramatics and making everything sound like he’s on stage. Ject because he is like a gruff pirate type, but not your typical pirate character (not clothing wise at least). Judge Gabranth is a just because type for me atm.

Question five: Which Final Fantasy Hero is your least favorite? If you have more than one, that is fine.

A: Onion Knight, Terra, Bartz, Shantotto

A: Onion Knight and Shantotto because they both are small, thus at times harder to hit, and can swiftly strike you if you're not careful. Terra I’ve just not been fond of in general. And Bartz because with him basically being a mimic he’s hard to keep up with when he’s against you.

Question six: Which Final Fantasy Villain is your least favorite? If you have more than one, that is fine.

A: Garland, Cloud of Darkness, Golbez, Exdeath

Question seven: If you played any of the Dissidia games - Which character's walk do you like and why? (Not all character's simply walk or run)

A: Kefka because he prances around when you have him move normally.

A: KEFKA!!!! Gah! His darn long range spells are difficult for me to dodge, at least in the Dissidia games, and he’s just all around annoying in general to me.

Question nine: Which Final Fantasy character quote do you like best? If you have more than one, that is fine.

A:
  • ”I see a poser.” -Kefa
  • ”Should I go easy on you?” -The Emperor
  • ”Take your last breath, surrender now...into oblivion!” -Judge Gabranth
  • ”A world of nothingness needs no king.” -Chaos to The Emperor
  • ”What would you protect with such power?” -Gabranth to Exdeath
  • ”Jesters can't play the lead role!” -Zidane to Kefka
  • "For you, a bloodbath" -The Emperor
  • "Now... this is a duel!

You shall bear witness... to my soul.

Are you prepared?" -All by Judge Gabranth
  • "You can break my talons, not my fangs" -Squall

Question ten: Which Final Fantasy character can you relate to? If you have more than one, that is fine.

A: Squall and Cloud

Question eleven: Which Final Fantasy character do you find the easiest to level up?

A: Squall and Cloud

Question twelve: Which Final Fantasy character do you find difficult to level up?

A: They all take their own time to level up, so it’s hard to narrow down.

Question thirteen: If you could live in a Final Fantasy world (game) which one would you pick?

A: Cloud’s world of FFVII

Question fourteen: If you could live as a Final Fantasy character, which one would you pick and why?

A: Cloud because between him and Squall, I feel like I can relate to him most so I’d want to be Cloud. Plus his outfit is cool, love the wolves in his outfit, and motorcycle.

Question fifteen: If you could create your Final Fantasy team, using character's from any FF game (which you can in the Dissidia games), who would be on your team? Max 5 characters.

A: Squall, Cloud, WoL, Cecil. Sir Auron

Bonus question: To combat against your Final Fantasy team, you of course have to have villains. Which FF villains would combat your team? Max 5 characters.

A: Judge Gabranth, The Emperor, Kuja, Exdeath, Ject

Ignore this please, I meant to edit my previous post, and hit reply instead.
I have been feeling in a final fantasy mood lately...

My FF answers

Jeeze.. a lot. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 7 Crisis core, 7 Dirge of Cerberus, 7 Remake, 8, 9, 10, 10-2, 12, 12 Zodiac age,13, 14, 15, World of Final fantasy, Dissidia, Dissidia 012, and the new Dissidia demo
7, 7 Crisis core, 7 Dirge of Cerberus, 7 Remake, 8, 10, 10-2, 12, 15, Dissidia
Depends on if you mean main character or all heroes?
Zack fair, Vincent, Auron, Rikku, Paine, Prompto, Balthier, Wakka, Aerith

Just great characters, each with their own development that shapes them
Judge Gabranth, Sephiroth, Reno, Vayne
Good lookin' dudes
Vaan and Penelo
They add absolutely nothing to the story of 12. They are there to make you relate but the story would have been better without them. Mostly Vaan though.
Seymour
His clothes are attached to his nipples, what more can I say?
No idea
Vanille because she cant decide if shes british, irish or australian and hope because he is the whiniest little git ever
Uhhhh lets just say Zack lol
Paine, Rikku, Aerith
uhh lol not sure
Any character I hate using
Probably 10 post Sin
Probably Aerith, Paine or Rikku
Auron, Zack, Aerith, Prompto, Lulu
Sephiroth, Jecht, Vayne, Ardyne, Gabranth

InquisitorCat wrote:
I have been feeling in a final fantasy mood lately...

My FF answers

Jeeze.. a lot. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 7 Crisis core, 7 Dirge of Cerberus, 7 Remake, 8, 9, 10, 10-2, 12, 12 Zodiac age,13, 14, 15, World of Final fantasy, Dissidia, Dissidia 012, and the new Dissidia demo
7, 7 Crisis core, 7 Dirge of Cerberus, 7 Remake, 8, 10, 10-2, 12, 15, Dissidia
Depends on if you mean main character or all heroes?
Zack fair, Vincent, Auron, Rikku, Paine, Prompto, Balthier, Wakka, Aerith

Just great characters, each with their own development that shapes them
Judge Gabranth, Sephiroth, Reno, Vayne
Good lookin' dudes
Vaan and Penelo
They add absolutely nothing to the story of 12. They are there to make you relate but the story would have been better without them. Mostly Vaan though.
Seymour
His clothes are attached to his nipples, what more can I say?
No idea
Vanille because she cant decide if shes british, irish or australian and hope because he is the whiniest little git ever
Uhhhh lets just say Zack lol
Paine, Rikku, Aerith
uhh lol not sure
Any character I hate using
Probably 10 post Sin
Probably Aerith, Paine or Rikku
Auron, Zack, Aerith, Prompto, Lulu
Sephiroth, Jecht, Vayne, Ardyne, Gabranth

You made me remember I've played 10 & 10 II, and finished both. I feel so silly for forgetting.
Queen_of_Hell

I'm a big fan of Final Fantasy in general, so I'll have some fun with the survey!

Survey Answers

1. I have played: VII (including Crisis Core that made me sob the way I've never sobbed before), VIII, IX, X, X-2, XII and XIII.

2. I have finished all of the FF games I have mentioned in the question above!

3. Now when you say hero, I'm wondering if you maybe mean a protagonist or a good character in general, so I'll answer both of these separately haha. My favorite protagonist would be Zack from Crisis Core, but my favorite good guy from the games would be Fran from XII.

As to reasons why, Zack has always been a standout character for me from the rest of the FF games. I have to admit, I never liked any of the FF protagonists, except for maybe Zidane who was pretty good in my opinion. Also, I might've formed a bond with Zack unknowingly. Crisis Core was the hardest FF game to play emotionally. As for the reasons why Fran is my favorite, I have to admit that I hold love towards mysterious characters. Fran is just an enigma and I never stopped thinking about her. I am filled with questions about her as a person and character. I also wish I knew more about the Viera. I will admit that I also liked the twist in FFX-2 with Lulu having a child with Wakka. And yeah, I like Lulu too. With her toys as weapons, gorgeous looks and slightly terrifying demeanor, really like her.

4. I will pick two of my favorite villains and that will be Edea and Sephiroth. Sephiroth, I don't think I need to explain why. He just has the best story, the best looking male villain, he has a very authentic complex shift, while he's also representing Lucifer, in some ways. And Sorceress Edea, in my personal opinion, is the best looking character in Final Fantasy world. I love her aesthetic, her grace, her beauty and she does seem as that unworldly threat to the world that was humanized (well, not Edea, more Ultimecia in this case, but whatever).

5. EVERY. SINGLE. CHARACTER. FROM FFXIII. Fang and Sazh were somewhat bearable. But I just couldn't stand all of the characters from FFXIII and I can't even describe to you how disappointed this game made me. Whenever there was a cutscene with Lightning or Snow, I just felt like I was watching a high school drama. I don't know why, this game never sat with me and kind of killed my desire to play following FF games.

6. I guess Kuja from IX would be a pick. I don't know, but to me he just felt like some sort of a Walmart version of Sephiroth. I do get that they're different villains and characters altogether, but I just couldn't shake off that feeling.

7. Didn't play Dissidia yet, but definitely will in the future.

8. Lightning, Snow, Vanille and Hope from XIII. They seriously annoyed me to tears to sometimes. I have a personal vendetta against this game. Ah, and Ashe from XII. But I guess they went for that "entitled and righteous" princess vibe, so I don't really hold it against her, since it seems quite natural and more realistic tbh.

9. "I am no longer of you. I have discarded wood and village. I won my freedom, yet my past was cut away forever. No longer can my ears hear the green word. This solitude...You want, Mjrn?" from Fran when she is speaking to her sisters in the village. I loved the whole scene when the Viera interacted and it subtly showed the character depth of Fran and I loved every second of it.

10. I would suppose Fran again. I won't go in depth to why I relate to her, but its that solitude, isolation, standing out and abandoning the path that I was "supposed" to walk.

11. /

12. /

13. I would choose either Ivalice (FFXII world) or Spira (FFX world) because they're both unique and beautiful in their own ways.

14. Edea without a doubt. I WOULD KILL TO LOOK SO GLORIOUS, UGH! Also, she's like the almighty sorceress. Unlike her, I'd use it for good.

15:. The hero team: Fran with her bow, Lulu with her magic, Zack with his buster sword, Garnet as a healer and a summoner and RedXIII with his unique skills.

16. The villain team: Edea with her magic, Sephiroth with his big ass Masamune, Seymour as a summoner, LeBlanc as a debuffer, Judge Gabranth as a knight and tank.

Yay this was fun! :D

Queen_of_Hell wrote:
I'm a big fan of Final Fantasy in general, so I'll have some fun with the survey!

Survey Answers

1. I have played: VII (including Crisis Core that made me sob the way I've never sobbed before), VIII, IX, X, X-2, XII and XIII.

3. Now when you say hero, I'm wondering if you maybe mean a protagonist or a good character in general, so I'll answer both of these separately haha. My favorite protagonist would be Zack from Crisis Core, but my favorite good guy from the games would be Fran from XII.

As to reasons why, Zack has always been a standout character for me from the rest of the FF games. I have to admit, I never liked any of the FF protagonists, except for maybe Zidane who was pretty good in my opinion. Also, I might've formed a bond with Zack unknowingly. Crisis Core was the hardest FF game to play emotionally. As for the reasons why Fran is my favorite, I have to admit that I hold love towards mysterious characters. Fran is just an enigma and I never stopped thinking about her. I am filled with questions about her as a person and character. I also wish I knew more about the Viera. I will admit that I also liked the twist in FFX-2 with Lulu having a child with Wakka. And yeah, I like Lulu too. With her toys as weapons, gorgeous looks and slightly terrifying demeanor, really like her.

4. I will pick two of my favorite villains and that will be Edea and Sephiroth. Sephiroth, I don't think I need to explain why. He just has the best story, the best looking male villain, he has a very authentic complex shift, while he's also representing Lucifer, in some ways. And Sorceress Edea, in my personal opinion, is the best looking character in Final Fantasy world. I love her aesthetic, her grace, her beauty and she does seem as that unworldly threat to the world that was humanized (well, not Edea, more Ultimecia in this case, but whatever).

5. EVERY. SINGLE. CHARACTER. FROM FFXIII. Fang and Sazh were somewhat bearable. But I just couldn't stand all of the characters from FFXIII and I can't even describe to you how disappointed this game made me. Whenever there was a cutscene with Lightning or Snow, I just felt like I was watching a high school drama. I don't know why, this game never sat with me and kind of killed my desire to play following FF games.

6. I guess Kuja from IX would be a pick. I don't know, but to me he just felt like some sort of a Walmart version of Sephiroth. I do get that they're different villains and characters altogether, but I just couldn't shake off that feeling.

8. Lightning, Snow, Vanille and Hope from XIII. They seriously annoyed me to tears to sometimes. I have a personal vendetta against this game. Ah, and Ashe from XII. But I guess they went for that "entitled and righteous" princess vibe, so I don't really hold it against her, since it seems quite natural and more realistic tbh.

9. "I am no longer of you. I have discarded wood and village. I won my freedom, yet my past was cut away forever. No longer can my ears hear the green word. This solitude...You want, Mjrn?" from Fran when she is speaking to her sisters in the village. I loved the whole scene when the Viera interacted and it subtly showed the character depth of Fran and I loved every second of it.

10. I would suppose Fran again. I won't go in depth to why I relate to her, but its that solitude, isolation, standing out and abandoning the path that I was "supposed" to walk.

11. /

12. /

13. I would choose either Ivalice (FFXII world) or Spira (FFX world) because they're both unique and beautiful in their own ways.

14. Edea without a doubt. I WOULD KILL TO LOOK SO GLORIOUS, UGH! Also, she's like the almighty sorceress. Unlike her, I'd use it for good.

15:. The hero team: Fran with her bow, Lulu with her magic, Zack with his buster sword, Garnet as a healer and a summoner and RedXIII with his unique skills.

16. The villain team: Edea with her magic, Sephiroth with his big ass Masamune, Seymour as a summoner, LeBlanc as a debuffer, Judge Gabranth as a knight and tank.

nCsqzGx.gif

I LOVE your responses! I was grinning and snickering a lot! ^-^
Queen_of_Hell

Winters_Fury wrote:
Queen_of_Hell wrote:

Survey Answers

11. /

12. /

nCsqzGx.gif

I LOVE your responses! I was grinning and snickering a lot! ^-^

Hey thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed reading my response! :D
We're talkin' 'bout Final Fantasy in this house

I've played Final Fantasy, Final Fantasy 3, Final Fantasy 4, FF6, FF7, FF8, FF9, FF10, FF10-2, FF13, and FF15.

Three.

Barrreeetttt. Barret is v cool. I also love Squall, even if he's kind of a whine bag. :P

Barret is just a cool dude, and having a gun for an arm is a huge plus. Squall I think was just my first game crush and that's always stuck with me.

Ultimecia.

I just wanted her to fight me IRL. I have no idea why I just love her so much.

LIGHTNING. HOPE.

Look I get that FF loves it's sad heroes but wow, I spent the entire game wishing I could just make Hope and Lightning stab each other and leave them behind. They were so miserable it was honestly annoying.

Barthandelus

This is a stupid reason but basically my first playthrough of 13 I got super into it and wound up rushing to him and couldn't progress because I hadn't properly evolved my skill trees. I tried to beat him for a week and then restarted my file. >(

I haven't played these but I'm looking now eyesemoji

Lightning/Hope lmao.

Vincent: "I have nothing to say."
Yuffie: "That's okay, it was probably depressing anyway."

Any Chocobo.

I've actually never thought about this one! I'm not sure.

Honestly I had a real hard time with all FF13 characters. I didn't find the game fun enough to actually grind for long periods of time.

FF8.

Selphie. She has a lot of endorphins and I want that.

Vincent, Gladiolus, Squall, Vivi, Quistis.

Gimme all of 'em but Bart.

Marie wrote:
We're talkin' 'bout Final Fantasy in this house

I've played Final Fantasy, Final Fantasy 3, Final Fantasy 4, FF6, FF7, FF8, FF9, FF10, FF10-2, FF13, and FF15.

Three.

Barrreeetttt. Barret is v cool. I also love Squall, even if he's kind of a whine bag. :P

Barret is just a cool dude, and having a gun for an arm is a huge plus. Squall I think was just my first game crush and that's always stuck with me.

Ultimecia.

I just wanted her to fight me IRL. I have no idea why I just love her so much.

LIGHTNING. HOPE.

Look I get that FF loves it's sad heroes but wow, I spent the entire game wishing I could just make Hope and Lightning stab each other and leave them behind. They were so miserable it was honestly annoying.

Barthandelus

This is a stupid reason but basically my first playthrough of 13 I got super into it and wound up rushing to him and couldn't progress because I hadn't properly evolved my skill trees. I tried to beat him for a week and then restarted my file. >(

I haven't played these but I'm looking now eyesemoji

Lightning/Hope lmao.

Vincent: "I have nothing to say."
Yuffie: "That's okay, it was probably depressing anyway."

Any Chocobo.

I've actually never thought about this one! I'm not sure.

Honestly I had a real hard time with all FF13 characters. I didn't find the game fun enough to actually grind for long periods of time.

FF8.

Selphie. She has a lot of endorphins and I want that.

Vincent, Gladiolus, Squall, Vivi, Quistis.

Gimme all of 'em but Bart.

-points downward to the image to explain my reaction to the way you posted your answers-

mT1dML9.gif

I know the feeling for the rushing through to the end. I did that once with the FF1 anniversary game, and could't beat Garland.
I might love FF too much...?

Question one: Which Final Fantasy games have you played? FF, FFII, FFIII, FFIV, FFIV: After Years, FFV, FFVI, FFVII, FFVII: Crisis Core, FFVII: Dirge of Cerberus, FFVII: Remake, FFVIII, FFIX, FFX, FFX-2, FFXI (The MMO), FFXII, FFXIII, FFXIII-2, FFXIII: Lightning Returns, FFXIV (The other MMO), FFXV, FF: Type 0, World of Final Fantasy, FF Dissidia & Dissidia NT, FF: Tactics

Question two: How many Final Fantasy games have you completed? All of the above listed, except FF7 Remake and Dissidia NT. I guess Technically you can't beat MMOs, but I finished all the story quests :)

Uh, wow this is a tough one

My absolute favorite is Kain Highwind from FFIV; because I love the concept of dragoons, he had the coolest looking armor! As a character he is troubled, he has his issues and I think that makes him relatable. He's a bit sarcastic (just like me) and is driven to do what he wants to do in life, but finds redemption in the end where he realizes that caring for other people and making amends is not actually a terrible thing.

Close runner ups

Cloud Strife/Squall Leonhart (FFVII/FFVIII) - I think both these characters are really similar in a lot of ways. They both are portrayed at first as sort of apathetic, mission driven, unsociable individuals. They both grow in their own unique ways; however, and in the end develop into characters that you really feel for and sympathize with.

Noctes (FFXV) - There is a lot about his character development that is pretty story centric and skirts spoiler territory so I'll just say he goes on quite possibly the longest journey to come to terms with his own responsibility. It was shoved onto him and at first you sort of get the feeling he is just doing things out of obligation. He has growth by the end; however, and you realize that a lot of his character throughout the game is maybe a bit more of an act than the player originally realizes.

I think most FF characters are done fairly well, but as you can see I am a sucker for those that have great character development throughout the game!

Emet-Selch from FFXIV is hands down my favorite Villain. As much as I am a sucker for character development in the hero; I want a relatable Villain that isn't just evil to be evil. Throughout the latest expansion of FFXIV, you learn a lot about this particular villain and you realize his motivations are very much the same motivations that you (the player/main character) have. The way he tries to achieve his goals are what makes him a villain but playing through the story I really felt for the guy and to me that makes for the best antagonist.

Hmm least favorite?

Vann - I can't really pin why he's my least favorite, I think he was just the one that I felt least excited about. Every other character in FFXII was more interesting to me than him xD

Least favorite Villain...I thin almost all of them are pretty ... bad? In a way? In the sense that they don't really seem to have much of a story beyond just being a big bad for the sake of it. Motivation is very much left off the table in a lot of games, or the enemy is just some vague entity (Like Sin in FFX).

I think the one that takes the cake; however, is Ardyn from FFXV. I honestly had no idea what his deal was, why he was a villain or why he was taking any of the actions he did in the game. It took a DLC to finally explain his story and once that happened, he became more relatable; but I disliked it required a DLC to make the VIllain good.

I don't think I've really paid attention? I extensively played the Dissidia game for the PSP and I remember just selecting the character and than air dashing everywhere! I know in Dissidia NT you do more like ... battlefield 3v3 things? And the characters run more, but I haven't played that one enough :(

Uh, Kefka. You couldn't play him, but he was super super annoying!

Anytime Cloud says Shut up....thats a huge mood right there man. I wish I could just casually tell people to shut up daily xD
I think right now I relate to Quistis from FF8

I've never really found any character easier or harder to level up, you just have to figure out the best ways to do it in each game! In FF8, for example, you could just farm in Galbadia Garden for hours in the ice rink and over level basically the rest of the game. I think in games like Dissidia it depends on what character suits your style of gameplay. I was a personal fan of Squall from Dissidia but I didn't really like any of the ranged/mage types!

See above? xD

FFXV, cause I like my cellphone too much LOL

Hmm, is it cheating to say I would play as my character from FFXIV? :P

Kain, Noctes, Fang, Vincent, Y'shtola

Sephiroth, Seipher, Garland, ExDeath and Kuja

This was super fun and made me nostalgic; now I want to go finish FF7 Remake....curse being an adult with responsibilities and little game time!

Caitlin wrote:
I might love FF too much...?

Question one: Which Final Fantasy games have you played? FF, FFII, FFIII, FFIV, FFIV: After Years, FFV, FFVI, FFVII, FFVII: Crisis Core, FFVII: Dirge of Cerberus, FFVII: Remake, FFVIII, FFIX, FFX, FFX-2, FFXI (The MMO), FFXII, FFXIII, FFXIII-2, FFXIII: Lightning Returns, FFXIV (The other MMO), FFXV, FF: Type 0, World of Final Fantasy, FF Dissidia & Dissidia NT, FF: Tactics

Question two: How many Final Fantasy games have you completed? All of the above listed, except FF7 Remake and Dissidia NT. I guess Technically you can't beat MMOs, but I finished all the story quests :)

Uh, wow this is a tough one

My absolute favorite is Kain Highwind from FFIV; because I love the concept of dragoons, he had the coolest looking armor! As a character he is troubled, he has his issues and I think that makes him relatable. He's a bit sarcastic (just like me) and is driven to do what he wants to do in life, but finds redemption in the end where he realizes that caring for other people and making amends is not actually a terrible thing.

Close runner ups

Cloud Strife/Squall Leonhart (FFVII/FFVIII) - I think both these characters are really similar in a lot of ways. They both are portrayed at first as sort of apathetic, mission driven, unsociable individuals. They both grow in their own unique ways; however, and in the end develop into characters that you really feel for and sympathize with.

Noctes (FFXV) - There is a lot about his character development that is pretty story centric and skirts spoiler territory so I'll just say he goes on quite possibly the longest journey to come to terms with his own responsibility. It was shoved onto him and at first you sort of get the feeling he is just doing things out of obligation. He has growth by the end; however, and you realize that a lot of his character throughout the game is maybe a bit more of an act than the player originally realizes.

I think most FF characters are done fairly well, but as you can see I am a sucker for those that have great character development throughout the game!

Emet-Selch from FFXIV is hands down my favorite Villain. As much as I am a sucker for character development in the hero; I want a relatable Villain that isn't just evil to be evil. Throughout the latest expansion of FFXIV, you learn a lot about this particular villain and you realize his motivations are very much the same motivations that you (the player/main character) have. The way he tries to achieve his goals are what makes him a villain but playing through the story I really felt for the guy and to me that makes for the best antagonist.

Hmm least favorite?

Vann - I can't really pin why he's my least favorite, I think he was just the one that I felt least excited about. Every other character in FFXII was more interesting to me than him xD

Least favorite Villain...I thin almost all of them are pretty ... bad? In a way? In the sense that they don't really seem to have much of a story beyond just being a big bad for the sake of it. Motivation is very much left off the table in a lot of games, or the enemy is just some vague entity (Like Sin in FFX).

I think the one that takes the cake; however, is Ardyn from FFXV. I honestly had no idea what his deal was, why he was a villain or why he was taking any of the actions he did in the game. It took a DLC to finally explain his story and once that happened, he became more relatable; but I disliked it required a DLC to make the VIllain good.

I don't think I've really paid attention? I extensively played the Dissidia game for the PSP and I remember just selecting the character and than air dashing everywhere! I know in Dissidia NT you do more like ... battlefield 3v3 things? And the characters run more, but I haven't played that one enough :(

Uh, Kefka. You couldn't play him, but he was super super annoying!

Anytime Cloud says Shut up....thats a huge mood right there man. I wish I could just casually tell people to shut up daily xD
I think right now I relate to Quistis from FF8

I've never really found any character easier or harder to level up, you just have to figure out the best ways to do it in each game! In FF8, for example, you could just farm in Galbadia Garden for hours in the ice rink and over level basically the rest of the game. I think in games like Dissidia it depends on what character suits your style of gameplay. I was a personal fan of Squall from Dissidia but I didn't really like any of the ranged/mage types!

See above? xD

FFXV, cause I like my cellphone too much LOL

Hmm, is it cheating to say I would play as my character from FFXIV? :P

Kain, Noctes, Fang, Vincent, Y'shtola

Sephiroth, Seipher, Garland, ExDeath and Kuja

This was super fun and made me nostalgic; now I want to go finish FF7 Remake....curse being an adult with responsibilities and little game time!

Quote: "This was super fun and made me nostalgic; now I want to go finish FF7 Remake....curse being an adult with responsibilities and little game time!"

First response to that: gsckntw.gif

Second response to that: Hv7lGSg.gif

Seriously though: Thanks for posting to this as others have. I always enjoy reading someone's answers. ^-^

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » Final Fantasy Survey

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus