Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » Roleplay/Muse Suggestions

Weasel334

Greetings everyone!

I've been a long time goer at this site for a while now, but I seem to have hit a fog. I love roleplaying, its creative, its so much fun. However, I feel like I have just been in a slump lately. No ideas, no sustenance, no nothing. I've had so many ideas in the past that I'd love to do, but when it comes down to it, it seems like nobody is interested, but yet I've seen more people coming around, and now it's like all my ideas are gone. I feel at a loss. Any suggestions would be recommended and highly appreciative!
Well... sometimes you need to just let yourself take a break. Might be a week, a month, a few months... in my case, it was about a year of pulling back and about another year of just not trying to play before I was finally able to start getting into things again.
It seems a shame that others would let your ideas waste into dust. It is not fair to you to let yourself wither. Had it been me I would have gladly accepted new ideas and helped you build on them as RPs for me are meant to be built upon. It is a process of construction and helping each other grow, not a one-sided draining relationship.

If you ever need someone open to ideas, you're more than welcome to toss a DM my way. I welcome them and love to help others grow themselves.
Sorry to hear that your muse is in a slump! Sometimes, especially when a lot of stress put on people's shoulders, the extra brain power to think of creative things goes out the window. The main thing is not to pressure yourself or feel like something's wrong with you if you can't come up with anything. A lot of people take breaks and hiatuses for varying lengths of time, so it's perfectly normal not to have ideas flowing out at all times.

When I feel really stuck on ideas, I browse through characters on RPR to see if it kicks starts anything or pings something that I find interesting or if there's something that comes to mind. And then I'll reach out to the character/player and have a convo. Sometimes it goes no where, but sometimes it leads to great conversations and fun RPs. :)
PinkBrat

That happens to me quite often. I'll take a break away from writing. Usually a couple of weeks to a month will do it but I have been away for up to a year before.

Changing things up is another way I fix things. If I do a lot of slice of life then I'll stop and do fantasy or something. When i need inspiration i look through pictures online or I'll watch videos on YouTube, or even try some tv shows I havent seen before. I get inspired pretty easily and from everywhere so changing where I go tends to help. Currently I'm avoiding all of those things so I can temporarily stop my imagination.
Weasel334 Topic Starter

I want to thank everyone for their input and suggestions! I think a break is really what I need. If anyone wishes to roleplay, or just needs a friend, feel free to add me. I'll still be around but my roleplays may be far and few between.

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » Roleplay/Muse Suggestions

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus