Skip to main content

Forums » Art & Creativity » Portrait Requests: Feminine/Androgynous Characters

Luscinioide

Cross-posting this from my main site.

NO ANIME OR STOLEN ART REFERENCES OFF GOOGLE. TEXT REFERENCES AND ART THAT YOU OWN ONLY.

Howdy! I need some gals to work with for a new portrait style (actually, this includes any character with feminine/androgynous features, just no manly men) that I'm trying out. I don't feel like drawing the same characters I always do, so I'm opening up one or two requests to take on. These are done for free and I have no obligation to complete them, and you are not entitled to receive one from me. In the same light, I will not sit there and nitpick over small details that you don't like - these are free!! If I'm given a text reference and it doesn't come out perfectly as you imagined them, that's not my problem.

I'm picking whoever I find most interesting. All character types are allowed, so long as they're humanoid in some manner: humans, furries, fantasy races like gorgons or whatever, it's all good. Preference is given to characters that fall outside of the norm. For the love of god, I have no interest in drawing the 70th white, blonde upturned nose girl this week. If you give me a regular, plain person who has absolutely nothing special about them, I probably won't draw them. Give me your beasties, your scarred and tough ladies, the gals that would stick out from the crowd. I reiterate, no stolen art pictures or strict faceclaims. This includes anime pictures. Giving me reference photos for hair/face/whatever is okay, please just not someone's whole damn face you stole. Picrew is also okay, and so are art references that you have the rights to (requests, commissions, your art).

Please and thank you is appreciated. If you are including a text reference, try to be very descriptive or give me a mood board! You are also welcome to include expression, mood, and lighting ideas.

Note: These are intended for people with little to no art. If you have 20 commissioned pieces on your character's page, you can afford to commission me. Let other people get stuff.
What you'll get:
OzYEVfU.png
Goodness! Your art is gorgeous! This is very generous of you one way or the other.

I have a couple of ladies that might tempt you, though obviously I don't expect you would do all of them. This is just to give you some options.

Silva is a pretty crazy looking creature. I have one small bust of their male presentation but I'd love an image of their female presentation. Mood-wise Silva is very calm, detached, sort of 'above it all.'

Inova is a rare shadow creature that usually wears a mask but I'd be happy to have some art of what her face looks like without it and her metallic silver scars on full display. Mood-wise Inova's is definitely a primadonna.

Amaranthine is a half elf half orc who admittedly is mostly elf presenting, choosing to hide her more orcish attributes behind a veil. You're welcome to draw what her face would look like behind said veil. Mood-wise Amara is shy and uncertain, especially without her veil on.

Text descriptions and art references can be found on each of their pages.
Oh this is super nice! I have a couple to offer.

Death: who is strict non-binary person with ambiguous androgynous features that sometimes weigh on the more feminine side.

Rowan: who is a colorful scene vampire lady/pronoun indifferent nonbindary person.

You can find their description details and owned art for each of them on their pages :)
Luscinioide Topic Starter

Dndmama wrote:
Inova is a rare shadow creature that usually wears a mask but I'd be happy to have some art of what her face looks like without it and her metallic silver scars on full display. Mood-wise Inova's is definitely a primadonna.

Went mainly off her pinterest page for this one - saw lots of sparkly stuff and galaxy themes, so, uh. Sparkles.

NMqq0F0.jpg
Who could be upset about sparkles?! Thank you so much for considering my characters. She's beautiful and I am very appreciative.

Edit: Do you have a preferred link I can use to credit you when I put it up?
This is very interesting and your art is gorgeous!

My character, Mallory, has an androgynous frame and feminine leaning features that come off as being malnourished from of being an undead creature who is forever trapped in time of the Victorian Era. The words haunting and eerie are usually tied to her when it comes to describing who she is. ^_^

Example 1 | Example 2
I have a couple if you're interested! o/

Hester - my baroque-borne vampire with a red and white palette & a bit plainer, but a fave is Quinn my NB darling.
Luscinioide Topic Starter

Dndmama wrote:
Edit: Do you have a preferred link I can use to credit you when I put it up?

Linking back to my RPR account is sufficient.
Wow you're art is amazing, if you feel up to it I'd love to see Raine in your style. Fantastic work
Morrigan

Edit: Going to take down the suggestion, I hope you get more that interest you to draw!
Malefic (played anonymously)

I'm not sure if these are still open, and not sure she falls within your preferences, but I have Malefic here. She's my Maleficent OC.

You are on: Forums » Art & Creativity » Portrait Requests: Feminine/Androgynous Characters

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus