Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » Being Thankful

This past weekend was Thanksgiving here in Canada, and I know the American thanksgiving is not too far behind, so what better time than now to post this. This weekend I had a little time to reflect upon my life and realize just how thankful I am for the life I have been given, its not how I pictured life turning out but I couldn't be happier.

I am thankful for my family and friends who love me for who I am not what I'm expected to be. For my new job, which has given me so many new learning opportunities and career direction (I now know I want to be a Chef). I am also thankful for the many simple things in life; a roof over my head, a perfectly made cup of coffee, and many others.

But lastly I am thankful for this wonderful place we all know as RPR. I haven't been very active lately due to my job commitments and home life but I know Kim and our Mods work hard to keep this a fun, happy, and safe environment for our imaginations and creativity to run wild. Thank you for that :) Alo I'm thankful for the many wonderful souls I have met here :)

Now that I've gone an made a mushy post about loving my life, and being thankful for what I have, I am curious. Is there anything in your lives that you're thankful for?";
Kim Site Admin

This is a beautiful message. Thank you for sharing it! <3
I am extremely thankful that my husband is alive. I could not imagine life without him, even if it's very different from how we had planned. I'm thankful for our friends and family, especially these past six months, for standing by us, and dropping everything to help us when we needed it most.

I'm thankful that I'm able to stay home and work as his caregiver, and that my stained glass and cakes are starting to take off.

I'm also very thankful for RPR as well. I've made a lot of friends here, many of them ones that I feel comfortably ranting to if it's been a bad day. Things are hard right now, and every day is a struggle, but I have people who don't mind if I'm a negative nancy a lot. And that's worth a LOT.
TheLily

I know you saw mine already on facebook, but I'll share a different one!

I am thankful for the people I've met here and I'm thankful for my husband who roleplays with me even when all he wants to do is watching his LP's and his rants. I am thankful for RP in general because it lets me act out these terrible thoughts in my head (did you know it's wrong to want a woman to lose her husband so she can wallow in self pity? Who knew!) I am thankful for RPR for being so kick-butt and I'm thankful for awesome Mods (and Kim especially) for being so great and inviting. :3
My own weekend has made me realize how thankful I am for my family. I only got to see a couple members of my family over my fall break, but spending time with my sister has made me so much more appreciative and thankful for her. I am also super thankful for God's blessing of a little boy in her life after she lost the first baby during pregnancy. To see the connection she has with her baby and how much they love each other and how much he just lights up a room, I am so so thankful for him.
Awww, Nikina, that was amazing <3 I'm so happy for you :3

As for me I am thankful for so much, despite the tragedies my family has sustained in the last couple years, I am just so unbelievably blessed.

I am thankful for my family. They have been so amazing while I've been living in Japan. They are so supportive and insanely awesome. My mom especially, she has done so much for me I can't even begin to list it. I've been here for almost a year straight, and they've all just been crazy supportive like whoa.

I am thankful that I get to live in Japan, that I get to experience everything it has to offer. That I get to be here to learn and become a better artist, meet more amazing people from all over the world, and just live and grow here.

I am thankful for all the opportunities that I'm getting just by being here. There are so many projects I get to be apart of with so many amazing writers and artists. It just blows my mind that I have gotten to a point that the people I look up to, value me as much as I value them. I'm so blessed to get to work with them and learn from them, that I have professors who are so encouraging, and kick my butt when my insecurities get in the way. They have pushed me to keep going because they're convinced I have more to give than I am showing.

I am thankful for RPR and all the people I've come to know and love. TornBySanity, Loki, Rubix, PenGryphon2007, f0x1nth3b0x, Strangedisease, Nuclear_Dingoz, December, Luvable, Limeface, and so many other people here. They've gotten me through some really crappy times. They are truly incredible, amazing people, talented, giving, and the best of friends. I'm so happy that I get to know them <3
I can honestly say I have a lot to be thankful for. So many things in my life could have went different ways but they didn't. One of the things I am most thankful for is my new job. Those of us who've worked retail know that people can make your job a difficult thing. With Christmas right around the corner people slowly start to act more like they've lost common sense all together. But this year I finally get to step far far away from that! Not only have I gotten my foot in the door with a new job but I am finally going to be able to do more then live pay check to paycheck.

My health has been on the fritz lately but thankfully things have finally started to level out and get better. So that's just one more thing to add to my long list of things to be thankful for! Naturally I am thankful for my RPR family. You guys always give me reasons to smile and most of the time it's a place to hide from the drama of the real world :) It's like a writers dream. Which really we can all be super thankful to the amazing KIM for bringing RPR to life! And the mods for keeping it a stressfree place.
Pineapple Topic Starter

These are all wonderful things to hear. :)

Kim: it was my pleasure :D

Luvable: you have such amazing people in your life :)

Lily: Very Jealous, lol, I often wish my hubby would give rp a shot.

Celestina: Congratulations on becoming an Auntie! Kids are such a blessing and so life changing!

Highjinx: Living in Japan sounds like such an amazing experience! It's wonderful that your family is so supportive.

TornBySanity: I understand I was working retail before starting at the restaurant (been there for about 5 and a half months.) It's exciting to be 'moving on up' :)
nikina wrote:
Highjinx: Living in Japan sounds like such an amazing experience! It's wonderful that your family is so supportive.

It is, my family is just amazing.
I dont mean to put this up, but being thankful is something that I, as much as some people, take for granted. Certainly not because I dont care, it is just something that isn't presented right in front of me everyday. In actuality I truly should be thankful, because I actually shouldn't be here.

I wont bother to go into details but upon graduating high school I undertook back surgery and flatlined on the table. I was "dead" for a minute, and the doctors had told my parents that I would have every kind of damage from brain to liver damage. Incredibly enough I have had no brain damage, (as far as I can say anyway 8D ) or any damage to any organ in my body. And as far as I know am relatively normal. (Except that voice in the back of my head does make me question this..) This event in my life is something I have seriously taken for granted, and only now in a silly post do I really get to appreciate each day I am given. I am pathetic. xD

I am quite thankful to be alive, thankful that I have had an opportunity to also study in Japan (and meet the lovely Highjinx <3 who introduced me to RPR), and also meet professors and people that have taught me who your true companions are. :)

I am truly thankful to have been shown the glorious RPR. There are countless numbers of wonderful people who I have RPed with or just simply chatted with here on this website, that are more supportive than my own family members. RPing is something I hold close to my heart, and to have a beautiful place to RP my children/characters is downright amazing. Thank you Kim so much. <3

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » Being Thankful

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus